1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Trubisky’s Rate+: 107
Jackson’s Rate+: 93
Trubisky’s passer rating: 95.4
Jackson’s passer rating: 84.5
Trubisky’s TD- Int Ratio: 2-1 (24-12)
Jackson’s TD - Int Ratio: 2-1 (6-3)

Lamar had himself a pretty good rookie season and I think he’ll continue to get better to act like he’s as good as Mitch is laughably stupid.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was also his 1st year. Too early to even ask the question.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jesus Christ. Let me put it this way. The last time I saw a quarterback as bad as LJ at passing...his name was Tim Tebow.
Blasphemous

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lamar Jackson will wind up something like Vince Young. Once DCs have tape and as he takes more hits, he will decline pretty rapidly.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Ok looks like we have our CCS expert for Louisville college football. :)

Lets move on to the three questions below. Please give special focus to the first question.

Then why was his INTS. much lower than his Td totals at Louisville?

How was Louisville able to win with all this
"atrocious ball placement " ?
Why would the Ravens draft this
"atrocious ball placement " Qb in the 1st round?

I’m pretty sure even you know the windows in the ACC are considerably larger than the NFL. Jackson is a great athlete and an amazing runner. You can get away with shoddy ball placement in college. He had a career completion percentage of 57 and that was with defenses loading up to try to contain him in the running game. In the NFL, he’ll need to be on time and on target.

Your argument about him being a first rounder as some kind of validation is silly. Think of all the awful QBs that have been drafted in the first round over the years.

He does come to the NFL at a perfect time with more teams willing to utilize spread concepts which accentuate his strengths.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Burt Reynolds needs to be added here.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was also his 1st year. Too early to even ask the question.

Other teams' QBs are who they are immediately. Only Bears QBs are destined for future improvement. Mark my words.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Glad we can agree that Trubisky in his 3rd year is a better passer.......I’m not ready to throw away LJs career yet, but I am pessimistic that he will improve enough to carry the Ravens to a Championship.

Well most Qb's going into their 3rd yr. will be better than a rookie Qb . I'm sure we can agree on that...by shear fact of the experience component. It takes commitment. But i think most Qb's can study film, work on fundamentals and make themselves a better Qb ( i.e. a Wilson, a Brady).

To his credit LJ doesn't have a propensity for throwing INTS. and or turning the ball. I'm sure we can agree on that. Heck, you have a Qb like Nate Peterman, who in one 1 qrt. threw about 5 INTS.
Keep this in mind, If a Qb doesn't turn the ball over, he can get to a SB and even win it. There are several examples of this.

The Ravens drafted the guy in the 1st round and let Flacco go, so
they must've seen something in LJ.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'd be interested to hear what his coaches and teammates have to say about his progress.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be surprised if Jackson turns into a solid WR or DB at some point if he doesn’t dramatically improve his passing skills.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m pretty sure even you know the windows in the ACC are considerably larger than the NFL. Jackson is a great athlete and an amazing runner. You can get away with shoddy ball placement in college. He had a career completion percentage of 57 and that was with defenses loading up to try to contain him in the running game. In the NFL, he’ll need to be on time and on target.

Your argument about him being a first rounder as some kind of validation is silly. Think of all the awful QBs that have been drafted in the first round over the years.

He does come to the NFL at a perfect time with more teams willing to utilize spread concepts which accentuate his strengths.

Interesting points @playthrough2001 But the big thing a u missed is LJ doesn't toss a lotta picks whether it be in college or the pros. I've seen a lotta Qb's over the yrs. and the good ones do not turn the ball over on a regular basis.

Go ahead and read the info. below

"What has stood out to veteran cornerback Brandon Carr is Jackson's improvement in processing the passing game. "

"There’s a lot of outside noise with everybody, whether it’s myself, Lamar, anybody," tight end Hayden Hurst said. "There is negativity all over the place, but I think as players we know what we’re capable of. What I’m seeing out there, that’s not a running back. He’s an incredible quarterback. He makes really good decisions. He makes some really impressive throws. I’m just happy to see how he progresses moving forward."

Read more about what his NFL PEERS and COACHES say in the link below.

As preseason opens, Lamar Jackson makes big leap as passer ..
-------------------

Again, Lets be clear on this...... with Trubz is going into his 3rd yr. we expect that he'd be ahead of any rookie Qb.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Well most Qb's going into their 3rd yr. will be better than a rookie Qb . I'm sure we can agree on that...by shear fact of the experience component. It takes commitment. But i think most Qb's can study film, work on fundamentals and make themselves a better Qb ( i.e. a Wilson, a Brady).

To his credit LJ doesn't have a propensity for throwing INTS. and or turning the ball. I'm sure we can agree on that. Heck, you have a Qb like Nate Peterman, who in one 1 qrt. threw about 5 INTS.
Keep this in mind, If a Qb doesn't turn the ball over, he can get to a SB and even win it. There are several examples of this.

The Ravens drafted the guy in the 1st round and let Flacco go, so
they must've seen something in LJ.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'd be interested to hear what his coaches and teammates have to say about his progress.
His Teammates and coaches alike are going to give you the Company Line.

I went to Family Day at the stadium and one other day at the practice facility to watch the Ravens, and I have watch both Preseason games and while he did not play much in the first game, his second games was typical of what I was seeing in practice. 1 or 2 good passes typically over the middle are his best throws, which is good because the Ravens have as many good TEs as we have good WRs. But after the good passes, something happens and he struggles, balls will end up in the dirt on simply passes with no pressure. I have said that Tubisky also need to be more consistent and accurate, but the difference between Trubisky, even in his rookie year, and LJ, is night and Day....

By the way, if you are going to say that Trubisky is in his 3rd year, then you can not say Larmar is a rookie, because that was last year....

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
His Teammates and coaches alike are going to give you the Company Line.

I went to Family Day at the stadium and one other day at the practice facility to watch the Ravens, and I have watch both Preseason games and while he did not play much in the first game, his second games was typical of what I was seeing in practice. 1 or 2 good passes typically over the middle are his best throws, which is good because the Ravens have as many good TEs as we have good WRs. But after the good passes, something happens and he struggles, balls will end up in the dirt on simply passes with no pressure. I have said that Tubisky also need to be more consistent and accurate, but the difference between Trubisky, even in his rookie year, and LJ, is night and Day....

By the way, if you are going to say that Trubisky is in his 3rd year, then you can not say Larmar is a rookie, because that was last year....

Like Bearly said below.......
It was also his(LJ's) 1st year. Too early to even ask the question.

Anyway.....

IDK.......If u thoroughly read the linked article below, if so, I think you'll find that his teammates and coaches are going more in-depth about the different ways he's progressing vs. giving a quick "Company Line." Even his back-up Qb has good things to say. He could have easily avoided commenting.

-----
Yes I can see your point about the some LJ's passes being "dirt balls" without pressure. He's gotta work on mechanics. I notice
u haven't said much about him not throwing lots of INTS. in his
college and pro career any reason? I always look at lots on picks as the sign of an 'atrocious passer', how about u?
-----
but the difference between Trubisky, even in his rookie year, and LJ, is night and Day....
Ok Mdbearz, I hear ya on this. It should also be noted that the Ravens went 6-1 and made the playoffs with LJ at Qb as a rookie.
And no, this takes nothing away from what Trubz did as a rookie....lets be clear on that

lol....please note I consistently said Trubz is " going into his 3rd yr. " And we should expect that he'd be ahead of any rookie Qb.
I'll add, Trubz should be ahead of any rookie ( with 6-7 starts) going into his 2nd yr.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyway.....

IDK.......If u thoroughly read the linked article below, if so, I think you'll find that his teammates and coaches are going more in-depth about the different ways he's progressing vs. giving a quick "Company Line." Even his back-up Qb has good things to say. He could have easily avoided commenting.

-----
Yes I can see your point about the some LJ's passes being "dirt balls" without pressure. He's gotta work on mechanics. I notice
u haven't said much about him not throwing lots of INTS. in his
college and pro career any reason? I always look at lots on picks as the sign of an 'atrocious passer', how about u?
-----

Ok Mdbearz, I hear ya on this. It should also be noted that the Ravens went 6-1 and made the playoffs with LJ at Qb as a rookie.
And no, this takes nothing away from what Trubz did as a rookie....lets be clear on that

lol....please note I consistently said Trubz is " going into his 3rd yr. " And we should expect that he'd be ahead of any rookie Qb.
I'll add, Trubz should be ahead of any rookie ( with 6-7 starts) going into his 2nd yr.
Um, never said LJ threw any dirt balls. Said that about JC.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Um, never said LJ threw any dirt balls. Said that about JC.

I was rushing earlier.....and I 4got to add the statement below. The post was meant for Mdbearz, I just fixed it.
>>>>#54

Like Bearly said below.......
It was also his(LJ's) 1st year. Too early to even ask the question.

I wanted Mdbearz, to see your analysis on the thread topic. Mdbearz, also said he saw LJ throwing "dirtballs" at a stadium Family Day >>>>post #53

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
'Too early' is the opposite of analysis.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
LJ cannot pass the ball so no.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Name me any RB in the NFL who has a propensity for throwing INTS.

Very funny ?, way to dodge the factually, low INT. stats....pass this on to Ravens.....tight end Hayden Hurst . I'm sure Mr. Hurst has no credibility vs a Rory Sparrow,:unsure:

"There’s a lot of outside noise with everybody, whether it’s myself, Lamar, anybody," tight end Hayden Hurst said. "There is negativity all over the place, but I think as players we know what we’re capable of. What I’m seeing out there, that’s not a running back. He’s an incredible quarterback. He makes really good decisions. He makes some really impressive throws. I’m just happy to see how he progresses moving forward."