Trubisky Year 2 progress report. Goff?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
This is a week to week league. The Bears can win it all this year. There are no clear cut run away teams. Lets see how competitive the Bears are this Sunday against the Pats.

IMO this is a one and done team if they sneak in the playoffs, this division will beat each other up , playing on the road in a place like New Orleans ouch..

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a great throw, after a few really bad ones. Does that qualify as a "drive" though, and least in the context of "looking like a boss" on a drive?

On that drive, Trubisky was 2 for 3 for 56 yards, and put the team in position to tie it up.

Yeah, he looked like a boss on that drive, till Howard fumbled it away.

Not sure how a single incompletion is “a few really bad ones”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On that drive, Trubisky was 2 for 3 for 56 yards, and put the team in position to tie it up.

Yeah, he looked like a boss on that drive, till Howard fumbled it away.

Not sure how a single incompletion is “a few really bad ones”

I was referring to throws earlier in the half, not on that drive, should have been more clear.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am intrigued to see how the Deshaun Watson is significantly better than Trubisky people are going to start to walk back their premature crowing of Watson and dumping of Mitch.

Watson [6 games] per game

64.5%, 299 yards, 1.6 TDs, 1.5 TOs, 8.3 yards/attempt, 34 yards rushing, 1.2 fumbles per game

-4 interceptions in the end zone
-7 fumbles in 9 games [only lost 2]

Trubisky [5 games] per game

70.2%, 252 yards, 2.4 TDs, 1.2 TOs, 7.8 yards/attempt, 33 yards rushing, .6 fumbles per game

-1 interception in the end zone

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

70.2%, 252 yards, 2.4 TDs, 1.2 TOs, 7.8 yards/attempt, 33 yards rushing, .6 fumbles per game

Goff [5 games of year 2]

62.8%, 272 yards, 1.4 TDs, .8 TO, 8.3 yards/attempt, 4.6 yards rushing, .6 fumbles/game

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Wentz [5 games of year 2]

62.7%, 272 yards, 2 TDs, .8 TOs, 7.7 yards/attempt, 22 yards rushing, .8 fumbles/game

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was referring to throws earlier in the half, not on that drive, should have been more clear.

That is true. My point was, Mitch’s turnaround in this game actually began towards the end of the first half. He actually put together a nice drive to close out the 1st half. It’s largely forgotten though, due to Howard’s fumble. All that really gets remembered is that Mitch was nothing but crap all first half. The majority? Yes. But not all of it.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I am amazed the NFL allows this. I thought they had all kinds of rules to make everything even for both teams. I thought I also noticed big fans on the Miami sideline and none on the Bears side. Yes? No???

You are correct, they have the home fans in the shade.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Take Goff over Trubisky every damn time. Thanks.

So would I.

But at the same stage of their careers they were almost identical in terms of production.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is true. My point was, Mitch’s turnaround in this game actually began towards the end of the first half. He actually put together a nice drive to close out the 1st half. It’s largely forgotten though, due to Howard’s fumble. All that really gets remembered is that Mitch was nothing but crap all first half. The majority? Yes. But not all of it.

I don't think I specifically ever said Mitch was the reason, I said the O was the reason. Your right though, that throw was a turning point for Mitch, and something I needed to see (shake off a bad start).

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah he's definitely showing signs of growth. You see flashes of really good throws, but man some of those WTF moments give me flashbacks to Bad Jay.

Obviously he's younger and should improve and hopefully get rid of those, he does have some of those moments. And the overthrows are really frustrating too when he just air mails his receiver.