Turning Point Tonight

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Bears lose tonight they could be in the middle of a 6 game losing streak.

With very tough games coming up @ St L, Denver, @ GB, the Bears could potentially lose 6 straight before reaching a game where they may be favoured against SF or Was.

This could be the last win for awhile. A long losing streak and we could see this go down hill pretty quick, momentum is pretty important in the NFL.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I worry that tonight might be the start of an avalanche.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If the Bears lose tonight they could be in the middle of a 6 game losing streak.

With very tough games coming up @ St L, Denver, @ GB, the Bears could potentially lose 6 straight before reaching a game where they may be favoured against SF or Was.

This could be the last win for awhile. A long losing streak and we could see this go down hill pretty quick, momentum is pretty important in the NFL.

Yeah, I think it's gonna be a long, long few months here. Think Rivers shreds us tonight and like you said.... it goes down hill from here.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am afraid of Philip Rivers and his secondary destroying arm mixed with our uhhmmm destroyed secondary.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Bears have gone toe to toe with every team they have played, they'll go again tonight against the Chargers.

Bears win tonight, and find more ways to win instead of losing last second: I'm talking playoffs.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think bears will have this game wrapped up before the second half. I calling 21-3 Da Bears at halftime.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
its not like the bears are anywhere close to getting a wildcard spot, i'd rather see development of non starting young talent namely (callahan, mitchell, anderson, lee) to see if they are worth developing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does two weeks help or too weak hurt us more?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Bears have gone toe to toe with every team they have played, they'll go again tonight against the Chargers.

Bears win tonight, and find more ways to win instead of losing last second: I'm talking playoffs.

The Bears are 0-3 in the division and 0-5 in the conference. How is it they are making the playoffs?

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
I don't see there being an avalanche. The Bears will continue to compete strongly against teams and they will manage to pull a few out. I'm confident this coaching staff and Cutler will cause a couple upsets yet.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Winning tonight and only losing the next 5 instead of the next 6 would really be a big turning point.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I'm afraid of swamp monsters and nasty looking feet.

Bort

Liked Posts:
What I'm envisioning is us losing the next 3 and sitting at 2-9 and being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, at which point fans start hoping for the tank so we can get a top 5 draft pick, and then we finish 4-1 to end up 6-10 and picking at like #12.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The Bears are 0-3 in the division and 0-5 in the conference. How is it they are making the playoffs?
Because they aren't getting blown out. They are NOT bad. They should be 4-3 and literally were 2 plays from being that record. If the D can make some plays, fix some things, the Bears can sniff with the wildcard.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Because they aren't getting blown out. They are NOT bad. They should be 4-3 and literally were 2 plays from being that record. If the D can make some plays, fix some things, the Bears can sniff with the wildcard.

None of those statements change the fact they haven't won a single game in the conference or the division, essentially rendering any playoff hopes useless. Not getting blown out doesn't make a playoff team, it makes a slightly more watchable team than we have seen the past few seasons.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears 31
Bolts 20

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

I am not sure how we can still make the playoffs. There are currently 6 teams ahead of us in the wild card race, and two other teams with the same record as us (If we win tonight.)

That is a tough road. I am not saying its unpossible, but we would need to be damn near perfect to do that, and we have shown that we are inconsistent from week to week.