msadows

Liked Posts:
Apparently you cant read either.....6th-8th

Moore
Allen
Odunze
Kmet
Swift

That's 5....barring injury they'll play way more, have more targets, reception + yards

Then it's everett, scott, Johnson .....

So to recap.....6th -8th

Need more help?

Mt. Everest should certainly get more targets than a guy who cant catch. He had 70 and 87 the last two years.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Eh, I think 30-35 catches is doable without anyone getting injured. With 17 games in a season now, you are only talking about averaging around 2 catches per game.

Last year, he had 32 targets and 17 catches. Say he gets one more target per game in 2024 and he catches it. Now you are right in that 30-35 catch range.

Having said that, with Odunze, Moore, and Allen...I can also easily see Scott only getting around 20-25 catches too.
Well...last year they had Moore + Kmet and nobody else (esp at wr)

Go look at teams that throw alot and see what their 6th ish highest catch/yard totals were.....I'll do it for ya

Dallas
Most completions in nfl 2023
Recpt for #6 thru #8
22-17-12
And this was a team who threw for 4600 yards (bears never hit 4k and likely won't with a rookie qb and defensive hc)

Barring injuries, Scott will be in that 20 ish recpt range

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well...last year they had Moore + Kmet and nobody else (esp at wr)

Go look at teams that throw alot and see what their 6th ish highest catch/yard totals were.....I'll do it for ya

Dallas
Most completions in nfl 2023
Recpt for #6 thru #8
22-17-12
And this was a team who threw for 4600 yards (bears never hit 4k and likely won't with a rookie qb and defensive hc)

Barring injuries, Scott will be in that 20 ish recpt range

Just look what the 6th option got in Seattle last year, think they threw the 3rd most in the NFL.

I'd also be shocked if scott gets more then 1-2 targets a game. Most of his targets will likely be when he's burning some guy 40 yards down field in 4 WR sets.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Just look what the 6th option got in Seattle last year, think they threw the 3rd most in the NFL.

I'd also be shocked if scott gets more then 1-2 targets a game. Most of his targets will likely be when he's burning some guy 40 yards down field in 4 WR sets.

It looks like Seattle's 4th WR had 19 catches on 25 targets last year.

So yeah, I guess Scott is probably realistically looking in that 18-22 catch area if Allen, Moore, and Odunze all stay healthy.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Moore
Allen
Odunze
Kmet
Swift

That's 5....barring injury they'll play way more, have more targets, reception + yards

So to recap.....6th -8th

Need more help?
Yes help me please. Is there a way he can be the 9th or 10th option 🤔

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Moore
Allen
Odunze
Kmet
Swift

So to recap.....6th -8th

Need more help?
To match your avatar:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Eh, I think 30-35 catches is doable without anyone getting injured. With 17 games in a season now, you are only talking about averaging around 2 catches per game.

Last year, he had 32 targets and 17 catches. Say he gets one more target per game in 2024 and he catches it. Now you are right in that 30-35 catch range.

Having said that, with Odunze, Moore, and Allen...I can also easily see Scott only getting around 20-25 catches too.
I might be pessimistic, but I do not see Scott catching 100% of the extra 17 passes thrown his way.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Kind of sucks he can’t play himself to #3 wr with odunze moving to te
Why move to TE and be TE4?

We seem to have a problem area at LT. Maybe he can add weight and be a backup T who can occasionally catch the ball.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Moore
Allen
Odunze
Kmet
Swift

So to recap.....6th -8th

Need more help?
If he continues to light it up in camp and preseason, they have to work him into the offense more.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I could see him having a very high YPC and his yards being like 350, but dude is gonna get like 1-2 targets a game max.

They'll use him purely to stretch the field. I'm sure caleb will see him wide open unlike our prior guys, just gotta hope butterfingers doesnt drop it
I agree with the 1-2 target a game...and if it's 2 and they connect that's 34 catches for the season....that possibly could happen and w/o any injuries to other playahs......who'd of thunk it?

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
My first post on Scott was started with the word 'if'......and it seems to me that somehow my comment was concrete and etched in stone. It was about the possibilities not a prediction. But I have to say it has turned into a good discussion. Another thing...when did a RB become an option before a WR? No way Swift would be an option before Scott in a 4-WR Set. If Scott is in the game in a 4-WR Set at worst he's the 4th option. Don't kid or outsmart yourself. You can thank me later.....lol...