Tyler Scott is getting a lot of positive attention 👀

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I agree with the 1-2 target a game...and if it's 2 and they connect that's 34 catches for the season....that possibly could happen and w/o any injuries to other playahs......who'd of thunk it?
Again, how many WRs did not have a single drop in 2023?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I agree with the 1-2 target a game...and if it's 2 and they connect that's 34 catches for the season....that possibly could happen and w/o any injuries to other playahs......who'd of thunk it?
One final point, since Scott can go from problems catching the ball to being perfect in 2024, why can't we consider the same thing for Velus?

Maybe he gets those 34 for 34 receptions and does not have problems falling after the catch. He is fast and bigger than Scott.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
My first post on Scott was started with the word 'if'......and it seems to me that somehow my comment was concrete and etched in stone. It was about the possibilities not a prediction. But I have to say it has turned into a good discussion. Another thing...when did a RB become an option before a WR? No way Swift would be an option before Scott in a 4-WR Set. If Scott is in the game in a 4-WR Set at worst he's the 4th option. Don't kid or outsmart yourself. You can thank me later.....lol...
You really need to learn to have a better discussion.

How many 4 WR sets do you think the Bears will have in 2024?

How many 2 or 3 WR sets with a RB (probably Swift) do you think they will have in 2024?

Nobody gives a damn about a 4 WR set when it is going to be used much less than sets with a RB who will, at worst , be a very good safety valve for Caleb.

You can almost book it that, barring injury, Swift will have more targets and receptions than Scott in 2024. The almost comes from me refusing to deal in absolutes because I have lived enough to have seen the impossible happen.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
How many WRs caught 17 passes in a row in 2023?

People are asking too much from Scott. I am not saying he can't be good, just that it is unlikely that he will be perfect.
Good point...very practical......Idk.....but are you asking how many caught 17 in a row when the pass hit their hands, hit their hands and was dropped, or 17 passes thrown to as the target, but for circumstances was not caught. Ex. overthrown, PD, Int, underthrown. Again, to your original Q....idk. But does it have to be 17 in arow?

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
One final point, since Scott can go from problems catching the ball to being perfect in 2024, why can't we consider the same thing for Velus?

Maybe he gets those 34 for 34 receptions and does not have problems falling after the catch. He is fast and bigger than Scott.
Sure, why not Velus? What's with the perfection numbers again? I'm not following you with that. What if Scott catches 30 of 35 target this season? Wouldn't those numbers fall w/in the 30-35 I mentioned in 'if' he does? My original post has to deal with 'good faith' that CW is who he is hyped up to be. A very accurate passer. In case people have forgotten JF is no longer on the team, so I'm being optimistic here with CW. I may be wrong but I'm the glass is half-full thinking type. Plenty of half-empty on this board for sure. Nothing wrong with it, just not my cup of tea.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If he continues to light it up in camp and preseason, they have to work him into the offense more.
They do?

Barring injury, which wr is he taking snaps from?

People always overestimate rec/yards/etc from backups who aren't primary weapons.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Good point...very practical......Idk.....but are you asking how many caught 17 in a row when the pass hit their hands, hit their hands and was dropped, or 17 passes thrown to as the target, but for circumstances was not caught. Ex. overthrown, PD, Int, underthrown. Again, to your original Q....idk. But does it have to be 17 in arow?
17 passes that were considered drops. As an example, I believe that Mooney only dropped one pass his rookie year. He may have had more targets but they were uncatchable so were not considered drops.

As for your point, you, on another post, was saying that with 2 targets per game and with Caleb's better passing, Scott could get 34 receptions out of 34 targets. That is technically possible but highly unlikely because even the best receivers have a drop or two. Scott is not considered a top WR and he had drop problems his rookie year.

Last edited:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
They do?

Barring injury, which wr is he taking snaps from?

People always overestimate rec/yards/etc from backups who aren't primary weapons.
Velus and Pettis - I think he would just become the key player rotated in for a few plays or a drive to give a starter a break, and he would be the first man up for a base 3 WR offense where a starter were injured.

You don't want to predict injuries, but I would point out that Seattle had a healthy year for their WRs, and their fourth WR in catches had 19 receptions on 25 targets.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Sure, why not Velus? What's with the perfection numbers again? I'm not following you with that. What if Scott catches 30 of 35 target this season? Wouldn't those numbers fall w/in the 30-35 I mentioned in 'if' he does? My original post has to deal with 'good faith' that CW is who he is hyped up to be. A very accurate passer. In case people have forgotten JF is no longer on the team, so I'm being optimistic here with CW. I may be wrong but I'm the glass is half-full thinking type. Plenty of half-empty on this board for sure. Nothing wrong with it, just not my cup of tea.
Scott's, and Velus', drops have more to do with their butter fingers than it has to do with Caleb's accuracy. Those 30 of 35 catches will still require for both to actually catch the ball.

Of course, more accurate targets will give both more true opportunities to either catch or drop the ball because they will be more often in an area to be caught.

"If" one of Velus and Scott suddenly learned how to catch, I would much prefer it to be Velus because he is way faster (4.31 versus 4.44), taller (6' versus 5'10") and heavier (200 lbs versus 177 lbs).

As for the perfection numbers, you mentioned 2 targets and 2 catches per game or 34 catches on 34 targets. That is perfection.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
17 passes that were considered drops. As an example, I believe that Mooney only dropped one pass his rookie year. He may have had more targets but they were uncatchable so were not considered drops.

As for your point, you, on another post, was saying that with 2 targets per game and with Caleb's better passing, Scott could get 34 receptions out of 34 targets. That is technically possible but highly unlikely because even the best receivers have a drop or two. Scott is not considered a top WR and he had drop problems his rookie year.
I agree again...but my premise was based on 'if'....now if Scott catches 28 or 29 passes does this make me wrong on my premise? Technically, yes it does because that's obviously not reaching 30, but in a practical sense it doesn't. My original point was implied & rhetorical. If Scott catches 30-35 the implication is how many are the 3 starting WRs getting? Many, which would imply a great passing O with the catalyst being CW at the very least very good as a rookie. My point was never Scott but the biproduct of his numbers on the rest of the team. Believe me, I'll never make that mistake on this board again. That's what I get for assuming. I'll spell out everything next time.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Scott's, and Velus', drops have more to do with their butter fingers than it has to do with Caleb's accuracy. Those 30 of 35 catches will still require for both to actually catch the ball.

Of course, more accurate targets will give both more true opportunities to either catch or drop the ball because they will be more often in an area to be caught.

"If" one of Velus and Scott suddenly learned how to catch, I would much prefer it to be Velus because he is way faster (4.31 versus 4.44), taller (6' versus 5'10") and heavier (200 lbs versus 177 lbs).

As for the perfection numbers, you mentioned 2 targets and 2 catches per game or 34 catches on 34 targets. That is perfection.
Once again you make very good points.....to repeat myself. I'm trying to look at this as the 'glass half full' and those kinks in the armor will be ironed out. But I get it...what's to say they will overcome the dropsies? Nothing yet. You're probably correct, but I hope not.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I agree again...but my premise was based on 'if'....now if Scott catches 28 or 29 passes does this make me wrong on my premise? Technically, yes it does because that's obviously not reaching 30, but in a practical sense it doesn't. My original point was implied & rhetorical. If Scott catches 30-35 the implication is how many are the 3 starting WRs getting? Many, which would imply a great passing O with the catalyst being CW at the very least very good as a rookie. My point was never Scott but the biproduct of his numbers on the rest of the team. Believe me, I'll never make that mistake on this board again. That's what I get for assuming. I'll spell out everything next time.
"If" atom bombs and poison were rainbows and kisses, life would be a lot better.

I could say something like, if Velus gets 50 receptions and 500 yards before the trade deadline, the Bears can trade Keenan for some valuable draft picks in 2025.

About as pointless as your "if" statement.

Moreover; there are, nor should there be, many rhetorical points on a message board because it kind of goes against the grain of what a message board is.

It is never a good idea to be assuming because you make an Ass out of U and Ming, and what has Ming ever done to you?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Once again you make very good points.....to repeat myself. I'm trying to look at this as the 'glass half full' and those kinks in the armor will be ironed out. But I get it...what's to say they will overcome the dropsies? Nothing yet. You're probably correct, but I hope not.
There is a glass-half full, which is where I myself fall into and there is PollyAnna where you started going towards when you said that Scott could catch 17 out of 17 passes to end the season and then said he can catch 34 out of 34 passes.

All I ask is for you to be realistic. If Scott somehow does catch 34 passes in a row, it would be an amazing miracle result, not an expected result.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mt. Everest should certainly get more targets than a guy who cant catch. He had 70 and 87 the last two years.
Should be enough to go around if the O has enough plays. Fingers crossed.