UDFA Thread

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping they use lil Mack at inside backer. We are light on inside linebacker depth and he's a little light and short for Outside linebacker, he could probably be great at blitzing too, a better verstion of nick kwitkoski

This is a good idea. I think a sneaky need for us that has yet to be addressed is a thumper in the middle that can stop the run. With Kwit gone, we don’t have that dude. GB is going to play big ball and the Vikings too. I know wecan blitz now and Hopefully, shut the pass down, but we really don’t have an ILB to bring in to stop the run. I also think we need a box safety.Also, that’s guys are pretty easy to find, so I’m not worried.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adams has major injury red flags. If he could have come out two years ago he was a first rd pick. Since then he has been constantly injured, including back injuries that have severely limited his mobility. IMO he was worth a 7th rd flyer but I also understand why he wasn’t drafted.
As does our 2nd round CB

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
stfu plz. people in here need to stop spewing bullshit from their feeble minds.
The man has had surgery on both shoulders, that is a red flag in my book, and hardly can be considered as bullshit. hopefully he stays injury free, but it's still a red flag whether you want to admit it or not

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The man has had surgery on both shoulders, that is a red flag in my book, and hardly can be considered as bullshit. hopefully he stays injury free, but it's still a red flag whether you want to admit it or not

Some people just struggle with opinions that differ from their own.

True, but back injuries are a death sentence for o lineman and Adams play noticeably dropped off after his injury. Johnson played this season with a torn labrum and was still able to play at a very high level.

Fair point but the counterpoint to that is the NFL is more physical and he is a press CB. If that shoulder becomes a problem then he may struggle to effectively press NFL WRs consistently.

A red flag as Hyatt noted but too early to tell how that plays out in NFL if at all.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think it would be a red flag if he ever missed games from the injury. As it stands, it's something to watch.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think it would be a red flag if he ever missed games from the injury. As it stands, it's something to watch.

Some people will always wanna point out the negatives in anything that Pace has his hands on even if it's talking about how bad a draft pick could end up being for us down the road and some of us would rather point out the positives and talk about how good that draft pick could end up being for us down the road.

Lets hope the good beats the bad.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There's no positive or negative right now. There are prospects. And fans want something to talk about and argue about.

I really like watching Johnson play, I think his game fits really well with Pagano's style and I love his attitude and the numbers he put up in college. I think he's a really good prospect. But anything can happen.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Im not a football guy but the draft was kinda disappointing to me.I thought we needed to go S with our first 2nd round pick and then 2nd round pick G/T ......Im really worried we cannot run the ball. Mitchell can be an effective QB if we move him out of the pocket and run the ball......

Any good UDFA potential i hate going dumpster diving for our O-Line

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Wagner kid at WR/TE sounds interesting. Sounds like he could have gone anywhere in college to play football but wanted to play hoops.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nope. If the Bears draft a guy who sprained his ankle in HS, he's forever "injury prone".

greg23

Liked Posts:
Guy plays all season
Guy is 2nd team all american
Guy finds out shoulder was injured all season
Guy gets surgery to repair shoulder

RED FLAG!!!!
INJURY RISK!!!!

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just love the highlight vid's on Youtube. They all look like NFL HoFer's.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Signed another RB from FIU.

Napoleon Maxwell, RB, FIU (link) In 4 seasons as a Panther the 6’, 215 pounder ran for 2,090 yards (5.3ypc), with 22 touchdowns, 30 receptions for 233 yards. He played as a true freshman in 2014, but missed the 2015 and 2016 seasons with an injury.
Where the hell has this guy been for 3 years? No stats or anything for 2017,2018 or 2019?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Color me confused. Flabear said he stank against Ohio State (junior year), but he rushed four 168 yards and 2 touchdowns on 11 carries at Ohio State. Finished with separate runs of 80 and 78 yards, respectively

He also caught 3 passes for another 41 yds. What a horrible game.....LOL