Uh... how'd we get Ha-Ha so cheap (and why isn't anyone else asking this)?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The extended stay and sodium pentathol.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yes, we are all well aware that you hate black people

varga20

Liked Posts:
Haha was a good player his first 2 years, but last 2 not so much. At 3.5 mil the Bears def got a steal on this one, and he will be solid mostly because of the team surrounding him. He was often out of place for us, poor tackler the last 2 years, but I think much of it was being on a def the lacked talent. I will be watching him this year to see if the haha from first 2 years shows up, either way u got a steal

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
thank you for not making a prediction!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Another thing I havent seen brought up is if Jackson goes down (god forbid) for a game or 2 or more, HaHa could fill in at FS and the Bears don’t lose much range in the backend. When Jackson missed the playoff game, the Bears has 2 box safeties in Amos/bush starting. HaHa/Bush tandem would have faired much better. The bears not only signed the more versatile player, they got him for over 5 mil a year cheaper.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, I am super pumped to get Ha Ha on our team. We know Eddie wants him there. The guy played amazing as a rookie, and was playing very, very well for the Packers before the inexplicable trade in the middle of the year last year. Defensive backs always seem to take a dip in production in a new system. Darby and Gillmore are the two big name guys that come to mind (although Janoris Jenkins was immediately awesome with the Giants). So, I don't question the coverage breakdowns and occasional average play we saw from Ha Ha at the Redskins.

So we have a guy that was picked in the first round, from Alabama, who has never really had any injury concerns, made the Pro Bowl as a rookie, and has 14 interceptions in 2 seasons. Now, all of a sudden he's getting kicked around to three different teams and ending up on a relatively capped strapped contender for a one-year, 3.5 million deal.

Does this raise any warning flags to anyone else?

What don't we know about Ha Ha that let us get him on such a cheap, short deal? The guy passes the peepers test on game film with flying colors to me.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal:

It’s not exactly a king’s ransom for a starting safety and a part-time running back and returner. But it also isn’t a fire sale.

Clinton-Dix hadn’t played well all season, missing way too many tackles, abandoning the middle too often in the red zone and giving up too many completions in coverage. He did have four turnover plays, including an important forced fumble in the San Francisco victory, but his good did not outweigh his bad.

Your free safety cannot be one of the team leaders in missed tackles (at least seven) and he can’t be party to three of the first 10 passing touchdowns allowed if he wants to be paid like a Pro Bowl player. Because his speed is average, he couldn’t recover from being out of position or taking a poor angle and needed to be much better in alignment and technique.

Clinton-Dix was under the impression he deserved to be rewarded for all he had done in his four-plus seasons with the Packers, including a Pro Bowl honor in 2016 and an iron-man participation streak.

It was a mistake on his part because the NFL is a prove-it league and the Packers didn’t like the way Clinton-Dix’s poor 2017 ended in Detroit when he appeared to pass up some tackles. They decided to see how 2018 went before negotiating a long-term deal with him.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/10/30/silverstein-packers-put-house-order-pair-necessary-deals/1821324002/

Then he went to Washington, where his tape at times was catastrophic (run support/effort). And that’s how you go from a blockbuster long term deal to a 1 year low end prove it deal.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He’s an aggressive player. Which can be huge, with the pass rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Skins wanted him on Yr prove it deal , Pace was shrewd and did not bid against himself. + Bears are a better team.
Certainly the market for Ha Ha was brimming with robustness...
Are you saying Snyder wanted Dix badly, but Pace made a better fit for how Dix wanted to be inserted into the situation? Maybe Dix didn't want a long relationship and is just using Pace as a way to rebound and insert himself into a much more attractive fit next year. The is always a chance that an aging Dix gets hit with an injury and develops a limp. A limp Dix will get no love next season, so he is taking a risk of contracting a debilitating condition.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He’s an aggressive player. Which can be huge, with the pass rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aggresive Dix may not play well in the current climate. It just takes one Dix illegal contact to really blow up in your face.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wasn't it like LAST YEAR we were clamoring for WHO was going to generate Sacks because their production were in jeopardy ?

My how ONE f***in year changes Everything

Go BEARs !

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Ha'Sean Treshon does sound like a name from a Key & Peele sketch

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We better hope we don't get a limp Dix here on CCS

...HaHaHa

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My prediction for Haha's stats next season (if defense is healthy): 80 tackles, 3 sacks, 12-15 Passes defensed, 6 INTs.

Now in a weak free agent market at safety next offseason, what would he be able to command with those kinds of numbers? I'm guessing 14-17M/year on a 4 year deal. We'd have to draft his replacement this year or next since we won't be able to afford to re-sign him.

How many missed tackles and blown assignments giving up touchdowns though? That is what I am more worried about.

mammalspod

Liked Posts:
Because all the teams looking for a safety signed guys they thought were better to bigger deals and HaHa decided it was best to sign with No 1 D and hope his value improves next year.

Good player that appears to be undervalued.

Gosh dang, I hope you are right. 3.5 mil just seems so low to me. I thought the Broncos got an awesome deal on TJ Ward for under 6 mil a year on a multi-year deal, and that was like 5 or 6 years ago. You always hear how valuable these guys are that can play centerfield in a single high look, and that's what Ha Ha did for about 80% of the plays at Washington (I'm guesstimating from my little half ass film study I did on him off the Gamepass). You always hear about the one-year "prove it" deal. I'm watching his film thinking, "what does this player have to prove?".

mammalspod

Liked Posts:
I agree his run support was at times bad, and he's not awesome at getting off or around blockers, which is also why I question this move. Shouldn't the Bears be looking for a safety with better abilities in the box? I see Jackson and Clinton-Dix as both being high safeties with range but not having linebacker type of ability around the line of scrimmage. Are these the two starters, or is Ha Ha just Eddie's backup and we have them both out there on obvious pass downs. He'll still probably play a lot in the second role, because the Bears are going to be ahead on the scoreboard the entire season and we will see bottom 5 number of running plays league wide.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he feels at home...which he will. He will be a awesome addition. The atmosphere with the Bears is what players want

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Action Jackson is good. I like Playmaker, even though it's not original.