Uh oh haters

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I am trying to gauge when it is appropriate to judge a player or any aspect of this team...you seem to be an expert in that area

Again, has nothing to do with what the argument was. You seem to be having an argument in your head that you are trying to drag me down into. No one is having the argument but yourself.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This place will be unbearable if Mitch starts off bad.

It'll be unbearable either way. The first sign of a good game and the homers will be dishing out a torrent of abuse to anyone who ever dared question him.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It'll be unbearable either way. The first sign of a good game and the homers will be dishing out a torrent of abuse to anyone who ever dared question him.

Admitting that you think it will be bad if Mitch does well???? :trollbisky:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

As much hope as I have for Trubs, his best game last year came against a team that quit on the field from the very beginning (Bengals) and the homers here have never accepted that. These preseason games have given reason to be more concerned than anything. Unfortunately, hope isn't evidence in my case. I believe its a rocky start at GB followed by some up & down play the rest of the season. Just hoping he ends the last few games on a hot streak as the offense becomes more consistent and on the same page.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Again, has nothing to do with what the argument was. You seem to be having an argument in your head that you are trying to drag me down into. No one is having the argument but yourself.

FT responded to BF51 because he said people are making a snap judgement about Trubisky after 12 games (which isn't a snap judgement, it is an assessment of a player after 12 games) You tried to argue people are making snap judgement after 2 series...which is changing the subject from Trubisky to what people said about the offense. But again saying the offense looked like shit doesn't make it a snap judgement, it is an observation of those 2 series. You wouldn't be crying about snap judgement had that person said man the offense is looking great. You are only taking this to heart because they said it looked like shit. It is no different than after the first quarter to make an assessment of the offense. But I forget this is CCS, either you praise the Bears or you are a hater

dbac74116452626979dfd51d20b4a9ed.gif

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wish I could have judged Trubs based on the last preseason game...

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish I could have judged Trubs based on the last preseason game...
But hey...Mitchell had a good week of practice, so why mess that up by putting him in a live football game?

Here I thought the Bears coddled Jay Cutler too much, but they appear to be out doing themselves again.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky was given a bad situation last year. He had bad receivers. He was handicapped by a coach that was is in no way shape or form offensively creative except for some trick plays.....

There were flashes from Trubisky last year. He obviously flashed athleticism and had some great throws. He also showed some good decision making at times.....probably more than I ever saw in a season with Cutler.

However, he has a ways to go before he becomes a top half of the league QB. He held on to the ball a bit more than I would like. I don't know if that was fear of interceptions based on Trubisky's indecision or the coaches telling him to take sacks rather than throw a pick.....I can see a combination of both. His accuracy wavered a bit at times, but for the most part it was arrow pointing up. His worst 2 performances late in the season were against playoff teams. I don't begrudge him that. In fact his completion percentage for the last 8 games of the season were higher than his yearly average. The only sub average games he had for completion percentage was the Vikings and Philadelphia. Again, I don't begrudge him that considering those teams. I would like to see better deep ball accuracy from him. This would help open up the intermediate game.

To sandwich my overall thoughts; the good news is that all of his interceptions came against playoff teams. If we were seeing INTs against bad teams I would be more concerned about his decision making. All but one of the teams intercepting Trubisky last year were in the top ten in INT takeaways. (I even subtracted Trubisky's INTS and counted for good measure). Minnesota was the lone standout outside the top ten and they were top half of league.

I think there is certain reason for optimism. He now has more athletic tools at the receiver position, certainly a better offensive mind at the coaching position. If he can have a 23 TD 12 INT season with 3600 yards passing I think that would be a very solid showing.....It would be good enough for 12th passing yards and 11th in the league for TDs (last year). Good enough for just outside the top ten in his second year.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
The reason most of us are willing to give a pass to his first 12 games is because he was running a Tecmo Bowl offense last year. And I mean the ORIGINAL, not Tecmo Super Bowl. If he is still struggling at the bye, especially after witnessing Daniel carve up KC's #1 D with Nagy's O, then I will likely start to show some concern. He has all of the traits of a good QB, and Nagy felt confident enough to let him sit the normal annual dress rehearsal, so I believe he is going to come out guns blazing from GB. I actually think he did quite well last year considering the number of 3rd-and-longs he was facing due to running repeatedly on 1st and 2nd into 9 man boxes.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Trubisky was given a bad situation last year. He had bad receivers. He was handicapped by a coach that was is in no way shape or form offensively creative except for some trick plays.....

There were flashes from Trubisky last year. He obviously flashed athleticism and had some great throws. He also showed some good decision making at times.....probably more than I ever saw in a season with Cutler.

However, he has a ways to go before he becomes a top half of the league QB. He held on to the ball a bit more than I would like. I don't know if that was fear of interceptions based on Trubisky's indecision or the coaches telling him to take sacks rather than throw a pick.....I can see a combination of both. His accuracy wavered a bit at times, but for the most part it was arrow pointing up. His worst 2 performances late in the season were against playoff teams. I don't begrudge him that. In fact his completion percentage for the last 8 games of the season were higher than his yearly average. The only sub average games he had for completion percentage was the Vikings and Philadelphia. Again, I don't begrudge him that considering those teams. I would like to see better deep ball accuracy from him. This would help open up the intermediate game.

To sandwich my overall thoughts; the good news is that all of his interceptions came against playoff teams. If we were seeing INTs against bad teams I would be more concerned about his decision making. All but one of the teams intercepting Trubisky last year were in the top ten in INT takeaways. (I even subtracted Trubisky's INTS and counted for good measure). Minnesota was the lone standout outside the top ten and they were top half of league.

I think there is certain reason for optimism. He now has more athletic tools at the receiver position, certainly a better offensive mind at the coaching position. If he can have a 23 TD 12 INT season with 3600 yards passing I think that would be a very solid showing.....It would be good enough for 12th passing yards and 11th in the league for TDs (last year). Good enough for just outside the top ten in his second year.

Thank you very much for this post. Almost an exact image of how I feel as well. Arrow is most certainly pointing up and the first 4 games of the season will tell us much in how far Mitch has come since last year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Dude was the #2 pick in the draft, and while the trade was either right or wrong (FULL DISCLOSURE: I agreed with the trade), people need to stop babying him. Enough of these deadlines of when you're going to be worried, because if you're waiting until the bye week, then why not wait until next season? Why not wait until the season after that?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was listening to NFL sirius/xm and they said that this was part of Nagy's plan. If MT is out there on one too many series and gets hurt, well, then the fanbase is crying "why was he even in there". They did not think it was something like Nagy's trying not to show too much of the offense, they aren't sandbagging. Nagy, who likely knows more about NFL QBing and offense than any of us, is comfortable and confident then so be it. I don't think its coddling in the sense like they cuddled Cutler. Give the new coach a freaking break. If he doesn't win they'll be plenty of time and reason(s) to crucify him later.....

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
The problem with making snap judgments either way is that QB progress isn’t linear. Some guys like Marino come out of the box playing well. Most don’t.
Farve threw a ton of interceptions early on and almost got benched.
Brees did get benched. They sat him down against the Bears, he was terrible.
Go back and check out Rodgers early on, he was sacked a lot.
If you think you can judge by last year, then you would have given up on Brees too. He played for a very conservative coach who’s offense was obsolete when dinosaurs walked the earth.
Physically, Mitch has every thing needed to be successful. The Bears went out and got the coaches and players to be successful.
He’s by all accounts liked and respected by everyone. He puts the work in.
The one thing you don’t know is, is it between his ears to be a great QB? Some guys like Cutler just were never was able to process everything on the field quickly enough. There’s always been talk about a player “when the game slows down”.
There simply isn’t a timetable as to when and if it happens. Anyone who thinks they “know” anything at this point is either lying to you or themselves.
You want to make a guess, go ahead but don’t act like you know what Trubisky will end up being

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I was listening to NFL sirius/xm and they said that this was part of Nagy's plan. If MT is out there on one too many series and gets hurt, well, then the fanbase is crying "why was he even in there". They did not think it was something like Nagy's trying not to show too much of the offense, they aren't sandbagging. Nagy, who likely knows more about NFL QBing and offense than any of us, is comfortable and confident then so be it. I don't think its coddling in the sense like they cuddled Cutler. Give the new coach a freaking break. If he doesn't win they'll be plenty of time and reason(s) to crucify him later.....

Remember when Fox put him back into a preseason game last year? This place was going nuts. Myself included.