Uh oh haters

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure we have any posters whose criticism of a perennially failing team with a 14-34 record under this regime is particularly excessive.

In fact I would say it's objectively true that the deviants from reality are the homers.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I really hope Mitch is not as hyper sensitive as some of guys posting here. The mere mention of another teams QB sends them into frenzy, Mitch is going to have to be a whole lot tougher than these pussies to make it in the NFL.

It's okay to criticize the team/player you root for, it doesn't make you a traitor or a hater, if your criticisms are valid, it's called being realistic. The guys that ignore problems and mistakes are not super fans, they're just foolish meatballs and are not people to be taken seriously.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Many have concluded MT is not as good as Watson, Mahomes, etc.... fact is, no one knows yet. Or that MT eats to many sacks. Which given last year’s team, no one knows what will happen this year. Or that Pace reached for MT but it is too early to know that as fact. Come on, you post enough to know good and well what some people have posted.

No, they haven't.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the sad state of CCS. Any opinion that does not look at the Bears in a positive light gets called a troll or hater and will be dismissed by the masses despite providing evidence to why one would feel that way. So the differing opinions either start to post less on CCS or embrace the troll tag they have been given which eventually either gets them banned (perm or temp) or disqualifies any future opinion they may have.
Agreed....

This here, 100%

The irony is that the guy who gives out the bans doesn't even post about the Bears, and I'm not even convinced that he actually likes sports.

This too...Sad.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the sad state of CCS. Any opinion that does not look at the Bears in a positive light gets called a troll or hater and will be dismissed by the masses despite providing evidence to why one would feel that way. So the differing opinions either start to post less on CCS or embrace the troll tag they have been given which eventually either gets them banned (perm or temp) or disqualifies any future opinion they may have.

I know I am super late to this thread but the only difference between Windy's post here and Mick's is that Mick QUALIFIES whether it will get better or not by saying it may but he doesn't have any reason to believe it will. I tend to agree as I need more evidence before I can have much hope. I think some posters here crying out that Mick is trolling is unfair to him imo

Also, FirstTimer, if you ever log back on and read this, it was good to see you - even if only for a little bit.

Thanks man!

Good to see you around as well.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The idea that Bears fans (many of us who have been fans for over thirty years) want the Bears to lose so that they can complain on a message board is, in a strong field, the single most inane of the running narratives on this forum.

No, most of us are tired of you simultaneously rubbing one out to Watson and Garropolo. You haven't been reasonable or rational in your arguments. You have this notion that the hot start Watson enjoyed is emblematic of everything to come with him. That Watson will be a near 50 TD a year guy every year.

I haven't one rational Trubisky take out of your mouth and I'd argue you hate him more than Cutler.

Trubisky is on a team that is completely rebuilding, Watson is on a team that's ready to win now that has a top-5 WR to throw to. You're making a snap judgment after 12 starts under one of the worst possible offensive coaching staffs ever assembled with some of the worst WR talent ever assembled. Knox and Hester were better than the shit on the roster from last year.

Trubisky has shown both talent and smarts, he's coachable and he's a gamer that doesn't hide from his own negatives like Cutler. Cutler never took on the level of personal responsibility Trubisky has, that in and of itself is refreshing.

Will he be great? I don't know, but I'm convinced more and more every day that he won't be as bad as Cutler. That is a welcome relief.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, most of us are tired of you simultaneously rubbing one out to Watson and Garropolo.

Nope, sorry, you've lost that one. It's been conclusively shown time and time again that 99% of the time Watson is mentioned, it's by the homers. You'll need to give that one up I'm afraid. You guys have the Watson obsession, not me.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, most of us are tired of you simultaneously rubbing one out to Watson and Garropolo. You haven't been reasonable or rational in your arguments. You have this notion that the hot start Watson enjoyed is emblematic of everything to come with him. That Watson will be a near 50 TD a year guy every year.

I haven't one rational Trubisky take out of your mouth and I'd argue you hate him more than Cutler.

Trubisky is on a team that is completely rebuilding, Watson is on a team that's ready to win now that has a top-5 WR to throw to. You're making a snap judgment after 12 starts under one of the worst possible offensive coaching staffs ever assembled with some of the worst WR talent ever assembled. Knox and Hester were better than the shit on the roster from last year.

Trubisky has shown both talent and smarts, he's coachable and he's a gamer that doesn't hide from his own negatives like Cutler. Cutler never took on the level of personal responsibility Trubisky has, that in and of itself is refreshing.

Will he be great? I don't know, but I'm convinced more and more every day that he won't be as bad as Cutler. That is a welcome relief.
No one is making a snap judgement about anything. You keep saying this, but it's not true.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
No one is making a snap judgement about anything. You keep saying this, but it's not true.

A thread was created after 2 drives of the first preseason game titled “the offense is an absolute mess.”

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A thread was created after 2 drives of the first preseason game titled “the offense is an absolute mess.”

Which is an opinion of the situation at the time. A conclusive judgement would be "the offense is going to be a mess all this year".

Why is it not possible to discuss things in the present on this board? Every opinion has to be a flag-planting declaration which can't be changed with new evidence. Everyone has to take a stand and stick to it. It's ridiculous.

I think the offense looks like shit right now. That doesn't mean I think it will look like shit forever.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

at what point would it be acceptable to make a judgement on Trubisky?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
at what point would it be acceptable to make a judgement on Trubisky?

Well preseason week 3 where the offense plays an entire half is a good starting point, or maybe after an entire regular season game.

Many of the ‘haters’ around here have said that after this year they will know if trubisky is going to be able to be the guy after this year. I would mirror that statement, we will have a damn good idea if he will be anything after this year.

The premise of the thread I previously mentioned was quite melodramatic, that doesn’t mean every argument against the team is trash or inappropriate.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well preseason week 3 where the offense plays an entire half is a good starting point, or maybe after an entire regular season game.

Many of the ‘haters’ around here have said that after this year they will know if trubisky is going to be able to be the guy after this year. I would mirror that statement, we will have a damn good idea if he will be anything after this year.

The premise of the thread I previously mentioned was quite melodramatic, that doesn’t mean every argument against the team is trash or inappropriate.

So the previous 12 games he started should just be forgotten

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
So the previous 12 games he started should just be forgotten

????? We are talking about making a thread about how the offense was ‘a complete mess’ after 8 plays during the first quarter of the first preseason game was a snap judgement.

The fuck are you on about?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
????? We are talking about making a thread about how the offense was ‘a complete mess’ after 8 plays during the first quarter of the first preseason game was a snap judgement.

Please see reply #170.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

The fuck are you on about?

So we are supposed to forget the 12 other games Trubisky started in

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Has nothing to do with what we were previously talking about.

I am trying to gauge when it is appropriate to judge a player or any aspect of this team...you seem to be an expert in that area