UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcore

Mullins is one of those guys who stirs the pot with with a swizzle stick from a girl drink.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only hire that would be better than Fox would be Urban Meyer. Everyone else is either unavailable or worse.

You just never can tell whether great college coaches are going to make great pro coaches. See Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier ....

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It feels like that feeling when you're 15 mins from home and need to shit really badly.

I'd just hire him right there in the car. Deal with the mess later.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Pace is in Denver

David Haugh - Good sign for Bears RT@Rich_Campbell GM Ryan Pace believed to be in Denver as pursuit of John Fox still on track: trib.in/1x7HQu7
6:52pm - 15 Jan 15

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Pace is in Denver

David Haugh - Good sign for Bears RT@Rich_Campbell GM Ryan Pace believed to be in Denver as pursuit of John Fox still on track: trib.in/1x7HQu7
6:52pm - 15 Jan 15

So speculation?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And "pursuit" still on track? Sounds like it's not a done deal yet.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Must also be looking at Fox's assistants from Denver. Be interesting when all is said and done just who all Fox brings with him from there and who Del Rio poaches and who gets left behind. Who am I kidding, just fucking get it over one way or the other so people can go on bitching about all things out of their control

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
god its impossible to find any pertinent information in any of these threads. This whole forum is so poorly organized and run
Not sure what you need to find. The thread title says he interviewed and left Chicago yesterday without signing a contract. Nothing else has happened. Period.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Glad to help you with that bearmick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Well isn't Pace in charge of the hiring of the Head Coach?

I kinda like he's taking his time to evaluate. Despite the concerns from the media if Fox isn't hired right after the interview it's horseshit, maybe Fox had an appointment to attend in Denver. But if not, I like that Pace is taking his time to evaluate potential HC's. I mean this will either make or break a 37 yr old guy's career.

But my thoughts are that he is hired, and an announcement/ presser will be made maybe Tuesday and he'll tag along with Pace to the Senior Bowl.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
New Bears general manager Ryan Pace was believed to be in Denver on Thursday, according to a source. That's an indication that the Bears' courtship of Fox was progressing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-bears-pursuit-john-fox--20150115-story.html

soon-polar-bear_o_2326395.jpg

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
UPDATE after reading previous posts, Maybe Fox had to be in Denver for some thing, and Pace followed him to finalize contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.