UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
Waiting to interview Quinn on Monday makes sense if that's the reason Fox went back, but they would be playing a dangerous game. What if Atlanta all of a sudden goes after Fox and hires him before the weekend?

I hate this dithering.

That would open up Quinn and pretty much leave him no place else to go except Denver....

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It's not that far off from Austin if you think about it. Plus it allows the 49ers to keep most of the staff intact or so they hope. It's going to be funny if their DC pulls a Marinelli.

Its pretty far off, Austin, even if for a year, ran an entire D, theres a huge difference.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Its pretty far off, Austin, even if for a year, ran an entire D, theres a huge difference.

I get the one year but Id argue the 3 games he was interm HC matches it. Point is he could be good nobody knows, just like Austin. I don't see a huge difference in their resumes to jump to any conclusions either way.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Here is what I don't like about this report if accurate. It basically says "Fox is the Bears top choice, but they are unwilling to pay Fox enough money". I mean how else can someone interpret that?

How else could someone interpret that? The answer was in several posts prior to yours. Could be over # of years. Could be over control over personnel decisions.

Rise

Liked Posts:
How else could someone interpret that? The answer was in several posts prior to yours. Could be over # of years. Could be over control over personnel decisions.

Yeah I know I felt dumb right after posting it

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
**OFFICIAL** john fox thread

I head Denver's old coach interviewed for the bears today.

please discuss him in here

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
With Jason Garrett getting 5 years and 30 what do we think Fox is asking for?

The control thing could be an issue. Most coaches in Fox's stature get a ton of personnel control.
The problem with this board and so many fans is they get too damn excited about the damn new up and comer head coach. They don't understand coaches who are proven, qualified and been round the block want their voices heard.

John Fox should be the Chicago Bears head coach. Why in the living hell anyone would want, or could, even argue otherwise is nuts. Just enough with the rookie HC's. For once why are so many against the Bears hiring a guy who has been a proven, good quality head coach.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The problem with this board and so many fans is they get too damn excited about the damn new up and comer head coach. They don't understand coaches who are proven, qualified and been round the block want their voices heard.

John Fox should be the Chicago Bears head coach. Why in the living hell anyone would want, or could, even argue otherwise is nuts. Just enough with the rookie HC's. For once why are so many against the Bears hiring a guy who has been a proven, good quality head coach.
d1926ee509c92b93365e10631f1d2d0c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.