UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most likely it's his agent and the team hashing out the details on the contract. This move was predetermined before Fox left Denver. Unless something went reallly wrong during todays meeting it's a done deal and only a matter of time before it's official.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Exactly, if it was a certainty it would have all been set up ahead of time, the fact that he left without being the Bears next HC tells me the job may not be his. Pace knows Fox, he would have known before he ever interviewed him if he wanted him as the Bears HC or not.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'll say this, if we don't get a hire tomorrow or at least some serious rumblings then it's got to be Quinn or Bevell and we are going to have to wait it out.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Its going to be Austin tomarrow.

Seriously, I dont fucking know. But again, I cant see them waiting on two guys Paces hasnt interviewed, just to interview them and find out he doesnt like them. Unless he cares so little for every candidate so far that hes willing to take that chance.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly, if it was a certainty it would have all been set up ahead of time, the fact that he left without being the Bears next HC tells me the job may not be his. Pace knows Fox, he would have known before he ever interviewed him if he wanted him as the Bears HC or not.

I think we'll hear tomorrow morning/early afternoon on Fox.

No sources and my opinion is as good as everyone else's, but the Bears were the only show in town for Fox for a reason.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
And it can in no way be a good reason.

Either no one else wants him, or something was in the pipeline before he was even done in Denver... which is concerning.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The rumor here in my neck of the woods is Austin will have the Atlanta job by the end of the day today, so if the Bears want to move on Austin they will need to do it soon. Bears might end up with Fox by default, would please many people, but IMHO, he will be an 7-9 to 9-7 coach. Reports are Elway was not happy with the way the Bronco's ended their season, and despite Manning's injury, Elway states the team played with a lack of passion (mailed it in). Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a HC.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We've heard. Perhaps someone should mail Elway a clue. Fox may not be the best choice for us but he was not the reason they lost.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The rumor here in my neck of the woods is Austin will have the Atlanta job by the end of the day today, so if the Bears want to move on Austin they will need to do it soon. Bears might end up with Fox by default, would please many people, but IMHO, he will be an 7-9 to 9-7 coach. Reports are Elway was not happy with the way the Bronco's ended their season, and despite Manning's injury, Elway states the team played with a lack of passion (mailed it in). Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a HC.

John Elway is also a lunatic.

The Broncos were never going to win in the playoffs with what was left of Peyton Mannning.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I thought the latest rumor was Quinn was their guy and they were going to wait for him. Also that Quinn wants the Atlanta job.

I read the Austin stuff about ATL being a potential lock Tuesday evening. Are these rumors from late last night or this morning?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
David Kaplan ‏@thekapman 2m2 minutes ago
Why does John Fox leave Chicago w/out getting deal done? Is Dan Quinn still in play? Marrone reportedly had an excellent interview w/Bears.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
David Kaplan ‏@thekapman 2m2 minutes ago
Why does John Fox leave Chicago w/out getting deal done? Is Dan Quinn still in play? Marrone reportedly had an excellent interview w/Bears.

please no. Im meh on fox but please no Marrone

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
The only thing that makes me feel somewhat ok with Marrone is that he and Pace are tight. And maybe his baggage wouldn't carry over because he'd have a good rapport with the GM.

Definitely not at the top of my list, but I'd actually prefer Marrone over Quinn.

Looks like Austin may not be in play anymore. [emoji107]

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I actually don't mind Carter.... Michael Irvin is a dumbass crackhead, though.
He cries about as often and easy as Dick Vermeil. Like he is more passionate about something because he has the emotions of a 13 year old girl on her period.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Unless they're just completely underwhelmed by Fox and the others, waiting for Quinn would be the wrong move. You risk everyone else getting snatched up and then holding your dick in your hand when Quinn decides he wants to go elsewhere.

You interview a guy. You like a guy. You hire the guy. It's not complicated.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
John Elway is also a lunatic.

The Broncos were never going to win in the playoffs with what was left of Peyton Mannning.

I won't dispute that, but, the team not playing hard is still an issue. And that falls squarely on the head coach's shoulders. There is a reason why every team that needs a coach is not enamored with Fox, so be careful what you ask for. As for Elway being a lunatic, I think he realizes that his teams window is closing soon (if not already closed).

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Haven't they interviewed 5 people that are still out there and there is only Denver/Atlanta left open? I don't get this missing out narrative or fear if they like other guys more, let them go after them still.

Or maybe Pace doesn't want to make a hire without interviewing a guy he is really high on which could be the case of Quinn since he didn't interview him prior

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
For those saying that there is a reason Fox was not interviewed by any other team... I don't think that is completely fair. Everyone was surprised that he left / was fired by the Broncos on monday. And then it IMMEDIATELY became known that he was possibly in the works with the Bears as far back as the Broncos bye week that he would not be returning unless they won the Superbowl. All the other teams that had needs for a coach were already deep into their search on monday and it was evident that the Bears were his number 1 priority. It's not like Fox got fired on Black Monday and no one decided to interview him.

Status
Not open for further replies.