Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 6s6 seconds ago
Source says #Cowboys OC Bill Callahan has multiple big-money offers and preparing to leave Dallas. Developed Smith, Martin, Frederick on OL

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I won't dispute that, but, the team not playing hard is still an issue. And that falls squarely on the head coach's shoulders. There is a reason why every team that needs a coach is not enamored with Fox, so be careful what you ask for. As for Elway being a lunatic, I think he realizes that his teams window is closing soon (if not already closed).

That aspect of the teams play was in Elway's imagination. Just saying it, doesn't make it so. Manning made the O look lethargic with his statuesque duckball play. Everyone was trying, It just looked as lame as Manning's limbs.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
I don't get some of you people, its like you have no real world logic.
lets hire some coach with no head coach experience, and have him learn how to be a head coach, under pretty much the worst case scenario a coach could walk into.
makes total sense
you got Austin as a 1 year DC, he has the 2nd best D-line in football, with Sue playing in a contract year and only one full season of tape on his defensive scheme.
you got Quinn with the most stacked D, since maybe the 2000 Ravens.
Bowles was the only green candidate that actually did anything impressive and hes gone now.
Fox really is the only option in the current state the bears are in. Hell atleast you know he can bring in a great staff.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@thekapman: Why does John Fox leave Chicago w/out getting deal done? Is Dan Quinn still in play? Marrone reportedly had an excellent interview w/Bears.

Yuck to Marrone

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
So how about Teddy's thread yesterday from his new internet buddy saying the deal was done. Oh, man, twitter trolls are fun.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
vaughn mcclure ‏@vxmcclure23 3m3 minutes ago
Can confirm the potential of an Teryl Austin-Adam Gase duo with the Falcons, as just reported by @RapSheet

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WTF does 'confirm potential' mean?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@thekapman: Why does John Fox leave Chicago w/out getting deal done? Is Dan Quinn still in play? Marrone reportedly had an excellent interview w/Bears.

Yuck to Marrone

Cause Virginia took him to Buona beef for some of the shittiest Italian beef in Chicagoland..Fox took one bite and said.." If this is what Im gonna have to eat when working here...lemme outta here"

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get some of you people, its like you have no real world logic.
lets hire some coach with no head coach experience, and have him learn how to be a head coach, under pretty much the worst case scenario a coach could walk into.
makes total sense
you got Austin as a 1 year DC, he has the 2nd best D-line in football, with Sue playing in a contract year and only one full season of tape on his defensive scheme.
you got Quinn with the most stacked D, since maybe the 2000 Ravens.
Bowles was the only green candidate that actually did anything impressive and hes gone now.
Fox really is the only option in the current state the bears are in. Hell atleast you know he can bring in a great staff.

Err..ahhhh....And fox didn't have a talented squad on his hands? Come on now, think about what you just posted.......

He was a 500 coach at Carolina before inheriting a very talented Manning Led Bronco's team (2012) Before acquiring Manning, he was 8-8 at Denver his first year.

So, basically what you will be getting with Fox, Unless the Bears can miraculously assemble the talent that mirrors Denver, is an 8-8 coach, as I said before.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Err..ahhhh....And fox didn't have a talented squad on his hands? Come on now, think about what you just posted.......

He was a 500 coach at Carolina before inheriting a very talented Manning Led Bronco's team (2012) Before acquiring Manning, he was 8-8 at Denver his first year.

So, basically what you will be getting with Fox, Unless the Bears can miraculously assemble the talent that mirrors Denver, is an 8-8 coach, as I said before.
He got to a superbowl with Jake Delhomme and won a playoff game with Tebow. He's a veteran, experienced, capable coach with the ability to provide a stable locker room and good assistants. Instead of worrying about his credentials, you should be worried that he doesn't want to coach the Bears. Hopefully he didn't leave town without a contract because he was told he had to work with Cutler. If that happened, then whoever decided it should get their pink slip today.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
Shayne L. Marsaw retweeted
Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole 4m4 minutes ago

#NFL exec source says John Fox is getting the #Bears job.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He got to a superbowl with Jake Delhomme and won a playoff game with Tebow. He's a veteran, experienced, capable coach with the ability to provide a stable locker room and good assistants. Instead of worrying about his credentials, you should be worried that he doesn't want to coach the Bears. Hopefully he didn't leave town without a contract because he was told he had to work with Cutler. If that happened, then whoever decided it should get their pink slip today.
Virginia won't pink slip herself.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
So how about Teddy's thread yesterday from his new internet buddy saying the deal was done. Oh, man, twitter trolls are fun.

Who's to say it isn't done and they just haven't announced it yet? Face it, if you're going to say one guy doesn't know anything yet because you assume he's speculating, you have to admit those that are speculating something didn't get done last night could be wrong as well. No one knows anything at this point...what will happen, will happen. Everyone just RELAX.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
@JasonPhilCole: #NFL exec source says John Fox is getting the #Bears job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Virginia won't pink slip herself.
I doubt Virginia would do that. Her pissed off ass was probably the source of the buyer's remorse that Kromer leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.