UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
He won a playoff game (luckily) with Tebow......big friggin deal, they were 8-8 that year. Carolina also won a playoff game this year, wouldn't that be comparable?

He took a Carolina team to an SB in a stacked NFC - two years removed from a 1-15 season.

I'll take that.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
He won a playoff game (luckily) with Tebow......big friggin deal, they were 8-8 that year. Carolina also won a playoff game this year, wouldn't that be comparable?

...and if Rivera were available, I'd take him too, so, yeah.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, not even close. Tebow is one of the worst starting QBs in the history of the league. Fox is a good coach. We should be thankful to have someone like him.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
if you're ironically a fan of guy fieri, you're earnestly a fan of corey feldman

images

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So he asked the guy who sells newspapers on the corner, or the homeless guy in the alley down the street? What does that even mean? I love Jarrett, but man, has Twitter turned people into lunatics who are interpreting a thing you or I could do in 5 seconds ourselves.

I would hope Jarrett has a little better source than the guy who sells papers...

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
No, not even close. Tebow is one of the worst starting QBs in the history of the league. Fox is a good coach. We should be thankful to have someone like him.

Exactly. Face it, we had a lot of "meh" candidates out there with inexperience galore and questions about whether they were products of a larger system (Quinn under Carroll, Gase with Manning, Austin with 1 yr. and great D talent already, for some examples), and suddenly a proven guy who has won falls into our laps. To me, everything happens for a reason - can't be a coincidence. Get 'er done, Pace.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Fox isn't the savior, but he's the best option now, who would you guys rather have at this point? Dan Quiinn? How the fuck is Dann Quinn better than Fox?Will Muschamp was his boss just 3 years ago for christ sake.

Mitchapalooza

So he asked the guy who sells newspapers on the corner, or the homeless guy in the alley down the street? What does that even mean? I love Jarrett, but man, has Twitter turned people into lunatics who are interpreting a thing you or I could do in 5 seconds ourselves.

are you serious? Word on the street is a very common saying. not meant to be taken literal.

Wow.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
IMO, if Fox can restore this team to what we had when Lovie left, he will have fulfilled a purpose. Then we can start looking for someone to take the team to the next level..

We wasted 2 years hiring Trestman, and may have set the team back 3-4

WOW...that's REALLY depressing!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jason Cole @JasonPhilCole · 6m 6 minutes ago

#NFL exec source says John Fox is getting the #Bears job.

What they were saying last night was that the job was Fox's job but they couldn't agree on a contract so he flew back to Denver but he was still the favorite to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.