Updated: 2014-2015 Bulls Lineup

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
How would the amnesty work?

amnesty wipes the whole salary off the books

however the Bulls still have to pay Boozer his owed 16.8m it just doesn't count towards the cap

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
amnesty wipes the whole salary off the books

however the Bulls still have to pay Boozer his owed 16.8m it just doesn't count towards the cap

I had no idea...I thought half would still count against the cap for some reason. Why the hell haven't the Bulls done this sooner? I'll adjust my off-season plan.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I had no idea...I thought half would still count against the cap for some reason. Why the hell haven't the Bulls done this sooner? I'll adjust my off-season plan.

because it didnt make sense....it didnt give us any space we would have still been over the salary cap and we wouldnt have been able to replace what boozer gives us

this off season it makes sense to amnesty boozer

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
because it didnt make sense....it didnt give us any space we would have still been over the salary cap and we wouldnt have been able to replace what boozer gives us

this off season it makes sense to amnesty boozer

I've thought it to have made sense for several years to get rid of Boozer just simply addition by subtraction in allowing Taj to play more.

Would Booz's salary have impacted the luxury tax thresh?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I've thought it to have made sense for several years to get rid of Boozer just simply addition by subtraction in allowing Taj to play more.

Would Booz's salary have impacted the luxury tax thresh?

yeah we would be under the lux tax

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
PG- Rose, Augustin, take your pick vet FA Min PG
SG- Butler, J. Young (Kentucky), Snell
SF- McDermott (Creighton), Dunleavy
PF- Gibson, Mirotic
C- Noah, Jason Smith (FA from Pelicans), I. Austin (Cyclops from Baylor)
It makes no sense to amnesty Boozer just to bring Mirotic over, that's just wasting money basically. It makes sense to amnesty him if you are replacing him with another max level type player such as Carmelo. Also Mirotic probably won't come over just to sit behind Taj. I also don't see why they would sit Snell behind another rookie.

The Bulls would have to be extremely fortunate to find McDermott still available when they pick so I don't know that any of this is realistic.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
It makes no sense to amnesty Boozer just to bring Mirotic over, that's just wasting money basically. It makes sense to amnesty him if you are replacing him with another max level type player such as Carmelo. Also Mirotic probably won't come over just to sit behind Taj.

The Bulls would have to be extremely fortunate to find McDermott still available when they pick so I don't know that any of this is realistic.

If the Bulls PAY Mirotic he'll come over.

The Bobcats pick could very well end up 12 or 13...I'm not sure McDermott goes even that high.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
It makes no sense to amnesty Boozer just to bring Mirotic over, that's just wasting money basically. It makes sense to amnesty him if you are replacing him with another max level type player such as Carmelo. Also Mirotic probably won't come over just to sit behind Taj. I also don't see why they would sit Snell behind another rookie.

Young >>>>>>>> Snell

Snell was a late 1st Round pick in one of the worst drafts ever and he hasn't shot the ball worth a damn this year.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls PAY Mirotic he'll come over.

The Bobcats pick could very well end up 12 or 13...I'm not sure McDermott goes even that high.

i hope they dont waste our treasured bobcats pick on bum ass McDermott lol

his ceiling is a MDJ-type

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I disagree, McDermott is not a GarPax pick.