Urlacher & Lovie Smith Reunited on Fox Football Daily.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Lol, you already have TV for white people. It's called NBC, CBS, ABC, CW, FOX, AMC, FX, Netflix Original Series, and pretty much 90% of mainstream movies.

All of the above caters to a white audience with the occasional token minority thrown in. Of course some of the most iconic shows on those networks like Seinfeld or Friends don't even bother with tokens.

WKRP did

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lol, you already have TV for white people. It's called NBC, CBS, ABC, CW, FOX, AMC, FX, Netflix Original Series, and pretty much 90% of mainstream movies.

All of the above caters to a white audience with the occasional token minority thrown in. Of course some of the most iconic shows on those networks like Seinfeld or Friends don't even bother with tokens.

Why would you even bother answering that nonsense? And Seinfeld had Jackie Chiles. :troll:

Butkusrules

Liked Posts:
Coming in quotes and saying that black people should have obamas back because he has theres is pretty racist if you ask me. None the less, who can blame Americans for voting in a Senator from such a highly regarded and economically savvy state such as Illinois? He truly was a qualified guy. Illinois is such a prosperous state!

Illinois is one of the main states that pays to keep the lights on in this country. Illinois gives more to the federal government than it takes. In fact most if the top ten contributing states are blue states and the states that live off the welfare of the fed government are Red . Ironic for all the chatter .

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Come on man. You mentioned fox. That's just wrong lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hey, Scandal is on Netflix

Scandal is on ABC and is written by the same black chic that writes Grey's Anatomy. ABC probably figured home girl succeed with that white chic Grey so they let her run with a black chic on Scandal.

Netflix then tried to jump on the political drama bandwagon with House of Cards but was like "nah bruh, we gotta put an old white man in the lead role," and so they chose Kevin Spacey, lol.

Why would you even bother answering that nonsense? And Seinfeld had Jackie Chiles. :troll:

Alright you got me with Jackie. I forgot about that Johnie Cochran wannabe, lol.

Impress3

22vision
Liked Posts:
Every time an add for BlackPeopleMeet.com comes on.

Or if I see BET on the TV Guide. I know I'm not allowed to watch that channel so I'm not really sure what Black people find entertaining. Why can't I be entertained by it as well?

LMAO
this is one of the stupidest arguments I hear from white people. How do you not understand that those shows are for the default demographic which happens to be white. We say 'black' because it is geared toward us. You may see more black folks than you are accustomed to seeing & the culture of the program may be different. Doesn't mean you can't buy it or enjoy it. Heck we enjoy & buy all of the default demographic geared merchandise etc. Just stop the ignorance

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Scandal is on ABC and is written by the same black chic that writes Grey's Anatomy. ABC probably figured home girl succeed with that white chic Grey so they let her run with a black chic on Scandal.

Netflix then tried to jump on the political drama bandwagon with House of Cards but was like "nah bruh, we gotta put an old white man in the lead role," and so they chose Kevin Spacey, lol.

Alright you got me with Jackie. I forgot about that Johnie Cochran wannabe, lol.

Don't go hating on Kevin Spacey now just cause he's white.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LMAO
this is one of the stupidest arguments I hear from white people. How do you not understand that those shows are for the default demographic which happens to be white. We say 'black' because it is geared toward us. You may see more black folks than you are accustomed to seeing & the culture of the program may be different. Doesn't mean you can't buy it or enjoy it. Heck we enjoy & buy all of the default demographic geared merchandise etc. Just stop the ignorance

There's no way that guy was serious. Or maybe I just didn't take it serious when I read it lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't go hating on Kevin Spacey now just cause he's white.

Not at all. I am hating on the system not the man. The Usual Suspects is in my top 10 greatest movies of all time. Keyser Soze is probably my favorite movie villain of all time with Ed Norton's Aaron Stampler a close second.

"So there was never a Roy."

"There never was an Aaron, counselor."

There's no way that guy was serious. Or maybe I just didn't take it serious when I read it lol

This just speaks to my quote you have in your sig. Good sarcasm should leave one wondering whether the guy is being serious or sarcastic. Hence why green text sucks donkey balls. It removes the mystery.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL, I was fucking with you on the Kevin Spacey comment. That guy's awesome. Usual Suspects is great, as is Se7en. You ever see Swimming with Sharks? That movies a great Spacey flick too. Props on the Aaron Stampler mention. Primal Fear is an underrated movie.

Also, I never post in green. Sarcasm is so difficult to pick up in text that I find it hilarious when people go apeshit on some innocuous comment.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL, I was fucking with you on the Kevin Spacey comment. That guy's awesome. Usual Suspects is great, as is Se7en. You ever see Swimming with Sharks? That movies a great Spacey flick too. Props on the Aaron Stampler mention. Primal Fear is an underrated movie.

Also, I never post in green. Sarcasm is so difficult to pick up in text that I find it hilarious when people go apeshit on some innocuous comment.

Yep saw Swimming with the Sharks, and liked that as well. I been rolling with Spacey since Consenting Adults.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You have just pointed out that racism is systemic. Which is true. Not sure what the point is beyond that.
The point is it is not just a persons race that is causing these large discrepancies at higher level education and business. Sure minorities have a steeper hill to climb, but the climb is often harder to self imposed burdens. Every one of us is judged daily from our attire, personal appearance, and attitude. Hell, we invite it. A guy wearing Harley leathers and a scraggly beard, a woman in a pants suit, a kid sagging his paints, the guy with neck tats and ear gauges, every one of them are trying to project themselves with their appearance. Now, I would say from the teens I have seen from attending high school sporting events, there is a larger number of black youth versus whites or asians that act or dress in a way that is incongruous to the business world they are soon to enter.

I have worked with a guy that by his appearance, I would never have hired and he was one of the better trained employees in his field. But if another guy with the same appearance came in for a job and there were other applicants with similar, or a maybe slightly lower skill set, I would still not recommend hiring that person. The off putting appearance to some surely affected him in patient interaction more than his skills benefited the business as a whole.

I guess my feeling is that opportunities for any person is more limited by that individuals own actions than societies, certainly it is more difficult for some than others, but expecting some sort of law or government program to change perception, or that racism can be legislated away is ignoring the past and present. Getting into the reasons young black males are less well equipped to succeed as they enter adulthood versus other races is another huge multidimensional subject unto itself.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Those are fair points but the problem is the business world is essentially synonymous with White America. So what you are doing is asking a minority to "act white" in order to succeed. If they have been shitted on or disadvantaged their whole life by the system which again is synonymous with White America then they become disillusioned to becoming what they see as a stooge for that system. Every time I roll up to a predominantly black high school to speak in my suit, I get comments like that especially since I am light skinned.

That is the beauty of systematic oppression. It not only holds back people fighting to break through, it eventually breaks their spirit to the point where even when you break down the fences, the dog still thinks he is in prison and stays within the cage you designed for him.

So yes there are many people within the black community that don't understand the fences have been broken down to some extent that they can escape. However, it's a long road to getting them to actually see that especially if the system that helped create this defeatist mentality doesn't now assist in reversing that trend.

Black youth are rebelling against the status quo just like white youths are. The difference is the system punishes them for their rebellion far more frequently and with more dire consequences than their white counterparts because a larger proportion of their rebelling is taking place in crime and poverty infested places and they are getting charged with drug and violent crimes as a result. Meanwhile their white counterparts are smoking bongs, doing meth, or E largely while walking around college campuses with 420 T-shirts on having a blast.

I learned early on in college that anytime you wanted to smoke up, make sure you have a few white boys in the group. If shit hits the fan, the cops were less likely to bust you. Can't risk too many white folk getting records over a little weed now.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Those are fair points but the problem is the business world is essentially synonymous with White America. So what you are doing is asking a minority to "act white" in order to succeed. If they have been shitted on or disadvantaged their whole life by the system which again is synonymous with White America then they become disillusioned to becoming what they see as a stooge for that system. Every time I roll up to a predominantly black high school to speak in my suit, I get comments like that especially since I am light skinned.

That is the beauty of systematic oppression. It not only holds back people fighting to break through, it eventually breaks their spirit to the point where even when you break down the fences, the dog still thinks he is in prison and stays within the cage you designed for him.
I mostly agree, but poor immigrants from countries all over the world have come here and many have had great success. My great grandfather came over alone, as a teenager, and became pretty well off, starting off with an apple cart. And while you will say, but your white, Italian, Irish, German immigrants all faced discrimination at some time. Our name was changed to fit in. Assimilation has always been part of success, like it or not. Presently, I don't think immigrant asian children are afforded the same opportunities as young blacks, but there is a different cultural influence that drives them. No one but the people inside any culture can affect change in that culture. You mentioned being looked down upon for wearing a suit to speak at a high school. You think you weren't well received, how about if I show up to speak, there is no chance of me being identified with. It isn't going to be a total cultural shift in our lifetime, in fact I think it is headed in the wrong direction, but the only people that can start the necessary changes are those from within.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So yes there are many people within the black community that don't understand the fences have been broken down to some extent that they can escape. However, it's a long road to getting them to actually see that especially if the system that helped create this defeatist mentality doesn't now assist in reversing that trend.

Black youth are rebelling against the status quo just like white youths are. The difference is the system punishes them for their rebellion far more frequently and with more dire consequences than their white counterparts because a larger proportion of their rebelling is taking place in crime and poverty infested places and they are getting charged with drug and violent crimes as a result. Meanwhile their white counterparts are smoking bongs, doing meth, or E largely while walking around college campuses with 420 T-shirts on having a blast.

I learned early on in college that anytime you wanted to smoke up, make sure you have a few white boys in the group. If shit hits the fan, the cops were less likely to bust you. Can't risk too many white folk getting records over a little weed now.

Nice to see that the nation's problems are still being solved here at CCS. Perhaps a start would be to stop referring to the Nation as "White America". Perhaps we are just a united nation. I know it's radical and all but thought I would mention it.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nice to see that the nation's problems are still being solved here at CCS. Perhaps a start would be to stop referring to the Nation as "White America". Perhaps we are just a united nation. I know it's radical and all but thought I would mention it.

1560608_790662460947833_446551015_n.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mostly agree, but poor immigrants from countries all over the world have come here and many have had great success. My great grandfather came over alone, as a teenager, and became pretty well off, starting off with an apple cart. And while you will say, but your white, Italian, Irish, German immigrants all faced discrimination at some time. Our name was changed to fit in. Assimilation has always been part of success, like it or not. Presently, I don't think immigrant asian children are afforded the same opportunities as young blacks, but there is a different cultural influence that drives them. No one but the people inside any culture can affect change in that culture. You mentioned being looked down upon for wearing a suit to speak at a high school. You think you weren't well received, how about if I show up to speak, there is no chance of me being identified with. It isn't going to be a total cultural shift in our lifetime, in fact I think it is headed in the wrong direction, but the only people that can start the necessary changes are those from within.

Agreed but poor immigrants coming over here are doing so because they believe in the promise of America. It takes ambition and drive to give up the known for the unknown so you are essentially comparing the most ambitious and driven group (the immigrants of a particular race) to the good, bad, and ugly of a particular race ie to the native black population already living in the U.S. which consists of a full range of people (ambitious, lazy, normal, etc.). It's why historically the immigrants tend to be more successful whether that success is in legal or illegal endeavors as let's be real some of those immigrant populations also ended up running crime organizations consisting of members of that particular race.

The second point here is those immigrants were never in that American cage so they don't have a negative history with America to be disillusioned by. I grew up in the Caribbean where I saw some of the same dumb shit the U.S. government does being carried out by a predominantly black government in my home. So while I might say, "wow that is fucked up," I don't associate everything with the White man fucking up because I have enough experience with black or other minority run governments around the world to know that not all those fuck ups are due to racial issues. An African-American whose only experience is with the predominantly white government of the U.S. will see things very differently than I do.

There have been quite a few studies that have explored why it seems black immigrants come to America and perform better than their African American counterparts. This one article talks about this in detail. There are many more.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...immigrants-do-better-than-native-blacks/6891/

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Lol, ignoring the historical reality is indeed radical. My comment about White America was in reference to how African Americans perceive government and the powers that be in this country. To pretend that is not the case is counter productive.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck it, it's a good read so I will quote the main argument. Bear in mind he is not talking about all white folk ok. He is talking about institutional racism.

I grew up in Canada, in a little farming town an hour and a half outside of Toronto. My father teaches mathematics at a nearby university, and my mother is a therapist. For many years, she was the only black person in town, but I cannot remember wondering or worrying, or even thinking, about this fact. Back then, color meant only good things. It meant my cousins in Jamaica. It meant the graduate students from Africa and India my father would bring home from the university...
But things changed when I left for Toronto to attend college. This was during the early nineteen-eighties, when West Indians were immigrating to Canada in droves, and Toronto had become second only to New York as the Jamaican expatriates' capital in North America. At school, in the dining hall, I was served by Jamaicans. The infamous Jane-Finch projects, in northern Toronto, were considered the Jamaican projects. The drug trade then taking off was said to be the Jamaican drug trade. In the popular imagination, Jamaicans were--and are--welfare queens and gun-toting gangsters and dissolute youths. In Ontario, blacks accused of crimes are released by the police eighteen per cent of the time; whites are released twenty-nine per cent of the time. In drug-trafficking and importing cases, blacks are twenty-seven times as likely as whites to be jailed before their trial takes place, and twenty times as likely to be imprisoned on drug-possession charges.

After I had moved to the United States, I puzzled over this seeming contradiction--how West Indians celebrated in New York for their industry and drive could represent, just five hundred miles northwest, crime and dissipation. Didn't Torontonians see what was special and different in West Indian culture? But that was a naïve question. The West Indians were the first significant brush with blackness that white, smug, comfortable Torontonians had ever had. They had no bad blacks to contrast with the newcomers, no African-Americans to serve as a safety valve for their prejudices, no way to perform America's crude racial triage.

Not long ago, I sat in a coffee shop with someone I knew vaguely from college, who, like me, had moved to New York from Toronto. He began to speak of the threat that he felt Toronto now faced. It was the Jamaicans, he said. They were a bad seed. He was, of course, oblivious of my background. I said nothing, though, and he launched into a long explanation of how, in slave times, Jamaica was the island where all the most troublesome and obstreperous slaves were sent, and how that accounted for their particularly nasty disposition today.

I have told that story many times since, usually as a joke, because it was funny in an appalling way--particularly when I informed him much, much later that my mother was Jamaican. I tell the story that way because otherwise it is too painful. There must be people in Toronto just like Rosie and Noel, with the same attitudes and aspirations, who want to live in a neighborhood as nice as Argyle Avenue, who want to build a new garage and renovate their basement and set up their own business downstairs. But it is not completely up to them, is it? What has happened to Jamaicans in Toronto is proof that what has happened to Jamaicans here is not the end of racism, or even the beginning of the end of racism, but an accident of history and geography. In America, there is someone else to despise. In Canada, there is not. In the new racism, as in the old, somebody always has to be the n**ger.