Urlacher's critique on Kaepernicks performance

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
"you played fucking well"

Looked like the Bears started a QB controversy. How do you bench a QB with a 104 rating? After watching his post game comments, it seemed like that's what Harbaugh was getting ready to do.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
49ers run the ball and play strong defense. They need a game manager not a QB who might take risk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They got as close as you can to the Super Bowl without actually getting there with that game manager last year. I think Harbaugh wants more from his QB and thinks it will put them over the top. Of course, there is no guarantee that Kaepernick will continue to play fucking well and then you damage the psyche of Smith (Quarterbacks are sensitive like that.)

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Kaepernick had an awesome game. But I think we should see a larger sample size before going all crazy on him. It would be tough to be in the position to have to choose a QB when Smith gets healthy though.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They got as close as you can to the Super Bowl without actually getting there with that game manager last year. I think Harbaugh wants more from his QB and thinks it will put them over the top. Of course, there is no guarantee that Kaepernick will continue to play fucking well and then you damage the psyche of Smith (Quarterbacks are sensitive like that.)

I get what you are saying, but I would roll the dice.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
49ers quarterback Alex Smith's post-concussion symptoms, which had disappeared in the days immediately after suffering the injury Nov. 11, returned over the weekend and he is still awaiting clearance by the team doctors, according to Matt Barrows writing in the Sporting News.

"I'm kind of in the middle of it," Smith said of his post-concussion ordeal. After Monday night’s victory over the Chicago Bears, the 49ers have a shorter-than-normal-week to prepare for their game at New Orleans, and all signs—at least for now—point to Colin Kaepernick making his second straight start.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
Urlacher is right. The man looked like Joe Fucking Montana out there. For our sake I hope Hardballz sticks with Alex Smith in case we're lucky enough to see them in the playoffs. Kaepernick owned us like no other QB has this season.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
49ers quarterback Alex Smith's post-concussion symptoms, which had disappeared in the days immediately after suffering the injury Nov. 11, returned over the weekend and he is still awaiting clearance by the team doctors, according to Matt Barrows writing in the Sporting News.

"I'm kind of in the middle of it," Smith said of his post-concussion ordeal. After Monday night’s victory over the Chicago Bears, the 49ers have a shorter-than-normal-week to prepare for their game at New Orleans, and all signs—at least for now—point to Colin Kaepernick making his second straight start.
Didn't realize Smith was having problems with that again. A victory over the suddenly hot Saints would more than likely secure the starting job for Kaepernick.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
We've seen inexperienced QB's chew us up before (and go on to be terrible or average)...

Matt Leinart
Todd Collins
Ryan Fitzpatrick

I'm probably forgetting a ton. I always feel like people have career days against us. Maybe fans of all teams feel that way.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Anointing oil smells good.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

Mr. Wolf

Liked Posts:
I think when the doctor shocked Harbaugh's heart to get it back in rhythm, that shock went to his brain. Harbaugh would be stupid to bench Alex Smith for an unproven QB. Alex Smith is completing 70% of his passes this season, averaging 8 yards per attempt with 13 td's and only 5 interceptions in 9 games. Before he left the St. Louis game with the concussion, he completed 7 out of 8 passes, 9 yards per attempt with 1 td and no interceptions. The game before that he completed 18 out of 19 passes, over 12 yards per attempt with 3 td's and no interceptions.

Maybe Harbaugh is just playing with the media and laughing about it behind their backs. You don't bench Alex Smith with the way he helped them to nearly get to the SB last season and the way he greatly elevated his game this season. In two playoff games last season, Smith threw 5 td's and no interceptions.

I've seen it happen many times before where a backup QB gets a start, plays well and as he has to learn more and more of the playbook and the coaches ask him to do more and more they melt down. Kaepernick hasn't proven anything yet except he played one good game.

Harbaugh is not that stupid to do it. Like I said, he's probably screwing with the media and laughing about it behind their backs. Or Smith's concussion is worse than they are letting on to and he may miss a couple more games anyway.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Looked like the Bears started a QB controversy. How do you bench a QB with a 104 rating? After watching his post game comments, it seemed like that's what Harbaugh was getting ready to do.
I bet next season when you see Alex Smith he will not be in a 49er's uniform..

JGdmn

Liked Posts:
Brian Griese dropped four hundred on the Bears.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

The Bears did not start a QB controversy. Kaepernick did with his play. Harbaugh said after game in his press conference that he might just go with the hot hand, so the seed was already planted long before anyone on the S.F. team heard what Urlacher said.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Let's be real here. Kaepernick played great and was spot on with his throws, but........

1) It appeared for most of the week that Smith was going to play, so I doubt the Bears did much preparation for Kaeperlink playing.
2) The defense was uninspired and unmovtivated for whatever reason. Alex Smith probably would have had a real nice game also. IMO
3) The S.F. game plan - I'm sure the Bears just like most of us thought S.F. was going to come out running with very little passing. They would wear our defense out with the run game and then open it up later in the game. This was not the plan for S.F. . This combined with Harbaugh using a few plays they have not run all season and just a brilliant game plan made Kaepernick look like Aaron Rodgers.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Kaepernick had an awesome game. But I think we should see a larger sample size before going all crazy on him. It would be tough to be in the position to have to choose a QB when Smith gets healthy though.

Yeah remember when Dan Orlovsky completely shredded our defense a couple of years ago and then sucked after that. We've been in situations where bad players shine against the Bears and suck the rest of their career.

bummer33062

Liked Posts:
I Doubt Harbaugh and the 49ers are the second coming. It was more of a lack of effort by a fatigued anf weary Bear Team that rolled in on Monday morning Central time to play at night. The Bears hardly had enough time get suited up , not to mention Blood Pressure stabilization. Put your money on New Orleans, Frisco will come back a loser