Urlacher's critique on Kaepernicks performance

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they have to start Smith. The rookie really had no pressure and was playing loose. You start counting on him the rest of the way and the pressure might start to show. The best situation is for Smith to start and re-ensure him it's his team this year and let Kaepernick continue to develop and learn. Re-evaluate this off-season no matter what happens.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Kaepernick had an awesome game. But I think we should see a larger sample size before going all crazy on him. It would be tough to be in the position to have to choose a QB when Smith gets healthy though.

Exactly! They need to face a better team...

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think he has to start Smith, but that was no fluke. He can throw the ball - really impressed with his accuracy.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he has to start Smith, but that was no fluke. He can throw the ball - really impressed with his accuracy.

Was reading the defense well too. Seemed to have command of the offense. He's going to be really good.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's a recipe for success no matter who's behind the line -- the Niners run the ball well, don't turn it over and play sound defense. I still think Smith is the right choice, but Kaepernick may be the most exciting backup QB in the NFL right now. He's got some fantastic physical traits and he seems to have the confidence to succeed. The Niners very well could give him a shot next year.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I say start the guy next week. You know what Smith can do. The whole damn goal is to get to the playoffs and then win the title. They are well in position to do that and who gives a shit if Kaepernick completely blows it. At least then, the guy has ha some real game time. It can only benefit the 49ers. It'd be much different if they were fighting for a spot. I'd say if they aren't comfortable blowing a game then win one more and then play him. Either way, the whole point is to evaluate who you have.

Heck, for that matter at least the Bears and their fans now know that Jason Campbell is yet another guy who can't win with the Bears. It's Cutler or bust one more time until some quality lineman show up. For me. I'd rather know. It's easier to take during the year than to find out in the postseason how bad a team can whoop your ass when Cutler goes down.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can a wildcard team still get the #2 seed in the playoffs?

Thats not possible is it... even if that team deserves it record-wise?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
49ers run the ball and play strong defense. They need a game manager not a QB who might take risk

They have a ton of offensive weapons, especially in the passing game. I think they want a QB that can make plays. Still don't buy Alex Smith as that guy.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No..

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
They have a ton of offensive weapons, especially in the passing game. I think they want a QB that can make plays. Still don't buy Alex Smith as that guy.

I agree, they have a potentially lethal offense with the only missing piece being a QB that can actually make plays. You need to take risks if you want to be the best. If they had a good QB there would be no stopping the 49ers.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kaepernick is the real deal. If he had played for a big school he'd have at least 1 heisman trophy and would have been taken early in the first round. The San Fran sissymarys got the best QB in that draft, by far. Damn it.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Kaepernick is the real deal. If he had played for a big school he'd have at least 1 heisman trophy and would have been taken early in the first round. The San Fran sissymarys got the best QB in that draft, by far. Damn it.

I hear he's already better than Jay Cutler.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their arm strength is about the same but Kaepernick is a lot faster than Cutler so maybe he'd have more success running for his life behind our turnstile o-line.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
You guys fucking for real? Discussing a qb controversy involving the 49er's? Who fucking cares. Let them deal with it. We have enough problems to worry about.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I Doubt Harbaugh and the 49ers are the second coming. It was more of a lack of effort by a fatigued anf weary Bear Team that rolled in on Monday morning Central time to play at night. The Bears hardly had enough time get suited up , not to mention Blood Pressure stabilization. Put your money on New Orleans, Frisco will come back a loser
Greatest excuse, maybe ever.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
A. Smith will always be a scrub to me. This Kaepernick kid looks legit. Quick release, accurate, along with a strong arm. Reminded me of a Rodgers a bit, albeit it is just one game.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
You guys fucking for real? Discussing a qb controversy involving the 49er's? Who fucking cares. Let them deal with it. We have enough problems to worry about.

Its an intriguing conversation man, I usually don't give two shits about other teams.

Punished

Liked Posts:
Can a wildcard team still get the #2 seed in the playoffs?

Thats not possible is it... even if that team deserves it record-wise?

The answer is yes...and that team will be brought into the stadium on unicorns, with leprechauns as towel boys. and everyone has the newest technical gadget under their seat...the game will be AWESOME!!!!