USA Today: Bears had one of the ten worst offseasons

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I find interesting about the whole thing is how many Cutler nuthggers are OK with what is going on...

Why?

Pace wiped his ass with the #2 RB in Bears history - who is in supreme physical condition and has thousands of yards left. And the best receiver in the history of the team. And THE BEST OL on the team. Not to mention arguably the #2 TE to ever put on the jersey.

And then franchised tagged Alshon and (essentially) tagged Long.

And then spent the entire offseason and draft focusing on the D.

Why are you guys OK with this?

Or are you waiting for it to fail to grab your pick-axes and torches?

not giving a new contract to an aging running back is not 'wiping your ass' with player....that is a bit ridiculous

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Hey, maybe they are right. But doesn't the USA today shit on the bears every offseason?

I can't remember the last time I grabbed a USA Today to brush up on sports. :shrug:

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
Well I, for one, feel much better knowing we had only the 11th worst offseason and not in the worst 10.

Monster

Liked Posts:
What I find interesting about the whole thing is how many Cutler nuthggers are OK with what is going on...

Why?

Pace wiped his ass with the #2 RB in Bears history - who is in supreme physical condition and has thousands of yards left. And the best receiver in the history of the team. And THE BEST OL on the team. Not to mention arguably the #2 TE to ever put on the jersey.

Yea but he kept the Bears #1 QB all time.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Why?

Maybe it is because the Cutler supporters are Cutler supporters because they think he gives the Bears the best chance to win of any viable QB out there that was either a FA or in the last few draft classes that we could have gotten.

Do you honestly believe there are pseudo Bears fans here that have these Cutler shrines in their house that they worship?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Maybe it is because the Cutler supporters are Cutler supporters because they think he gives the Bears the best chance to win of any viable QB out there that was either a FA or in the last few draft classes that we could have gotten.

Do you honestly believe there are pseudo Bears fans here that have these Cutler shrines in their house that they worship?

Yes - many.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
not giving a new contract to an aging running back is not 'wiping your ass' with player....that is a bit ridiculous

And yet he had multiple offers...

And if his "age" was the issue, why not trade him last year and at least get a pick out of it. It's not like they didn't know he would keep "aging".

mecha

Liked Posts:

And if his "age" was the issue, why not trade him last year and at least get a pick out of it. It's not like they didn't know he would keep "aging".

I'm sure it's because other teams are aware he's... aging. who takes that trade when they can get a minty fresh RB with the same pick? Forte while dynamic was limited too. if you're gonna bitch that they lost a receiving target in Forte, there's other people on the team that can do that too. they're called wide receivers.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

You'd have to ask Pace why they didn't trade him....I don't think it is out of the question to wonder why they didn't re-sign him but 'wiping your ass'; that is a reverse meatball comment.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You'd have to ask Pace why they didn't trade him....I don't think it is out of the question to wonder why they didn't re-sign him but 'wiping your ass'; that is a reverse meatball comment.

So....

Wanting the best players to be on our team now is the same as being a meatball...

Holy fuck is our fanbase dumb.

LIQIS

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Multiple offers? I saw the Jets and pats so I guses you would technically be correct on the multiple part. As far as trading him goes what team is going to take a player on a one year offer? Forte would have to agree to be traded there so a new contract could also be negotiated but you already knew this and you are just planning on trolling

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So....

Wanting the best players to be on our team now is the same as being a meatball...

Holy fuck is our fanbase dumb.

LIQIS

of course, all teams want the best players, but when you make comments like you did it shows you are not thinking straight and considering. You are no better than the fan that agrees with everything the Bears do and tries to justify it.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Losing the most productive back in the NFL since he was drafted isn't nothing. The fact that he's over 30 now means he's likely past his best but it's still a major subtraction. I think the committee approach will be ok and I love the Howard pick, but they've lost some premier level production in Marshall and Forte over the last couple of years, and the players set to fill their shoes are still unproven.

You can add Whitehair to that too. Good prospect but he's replacing one of the better guards in the league. It's pretty easy to see why a lot of people think the offense has taken a step back.

Only in Bear fandom was Slauson one of the better guards in all of football. He did indeed have a good 13 and 14 season but regressed to the point of being below pedestrian vs the run and average vs the pass in 15. This is the opinion of guys who really study football like Matt bowen and the like.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

hey, I don't mean to derail this thread or anything, but hasn't it been a week?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well at least it is a counter argument from all the praise the team has been getting the past few weeks. That being said I feel the loss of Forte won't hurt as much as this article is saying but I am worried about the departure of gase. So one piece condemning the bears out of the rest that have praised them. Still equals speculation

Wait.... wait... WAIT.... the shit that's been said anywhere and everywhere is speculation??????!!!!?!?!?!!!???

:dontsay:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I made it through half this fucking thread and had to stop, I just cant even...

Anyone who thinks this offense has somehow improved needs to go drink bleach. There's been NO moves made that have IMMEDIATELY improved the offense vs downgrading the offense. That's a fact, and something that can't be argued. Though I'm sure you fucking dorkchops will.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I made it through half this fucking thread and had to stop, I just cant even...

Anyone who thinks this offense has somehow improved needs to go drink bleach. There's been NO moves made that have IMMEDIATELY improved the offense vs downgrading the offense. That's a fact, and something that can't be argued. Though I'm sure you fucking dorkchops will.

Maybe Pace isn't actually building around Cuckler?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Only in Bear fandom was Slauson one of the better guards in all of football. He did indeed have a good 13 and 14 season but regressed to the point of being below pedestrian vs the run and average vs the pass in 15. This is the opinion of guys who really study football like Matt bowen and the like.

oh, you mean the season he was forced to play out of position?