Vermette

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Still bores me and still having trouble seeing how vermette fits the system. Would rather have TT playing but dont really care as long as the team keeps winning with either in the lineup. Keep vermette in next game ride with the lineup that wins and looked pretty good as a team today.

He fits the system simply due to the system also being about faceoffs. I don't know what his percentage was today (the for reason the boxscore on the Hawk's site no longer shows it per player) - but I don't recall seeing Vermette lose many ( I think I only saw one but I generally miss the first 4 or 5 minutes of a period due to being cheap and turning off the streaming in between periods and then not coming back to things in time...).

I know what I wrote before -but my own preference is if they could find a way to keep him after the season I wouldn't mind that- but it all goes towards how they plan on building the team. It is clear some guys have to go (no surprise there I know -am writing so that you know that I know that much ... not so much as telling anyone anything new...) ... what position do you want to focus on in the upcoming season.

Anyway .... great game - I came in on things when it was 3-2 ... (actually probably really shortly after Toews' goal as it was not on the box yet while I was signing in to the stream ... so I got to see none of the bad stuff.

TCD

Liked Posts:
He fits the system simply due to the system also being about faceoffs. I don't know what his percentage was today (the for reason the boxscore on the Hawk's site no longer shows it per player) - but I don't recall seeing Vermette lose many ( I think I only saw one but I generally miss the first 4 or 5 minutes of a period due to being cheap and turning off the streaming in between periods and then not coming back to things in time...).

I know what I wrote before -but my own preference is if they could find a way to keep him after the season I wouldn't mind that- but it all goes towards how they plan on building the team. It is clear some guys have to go (no surprise there I know -am writing so that you know that I know that much ... not so much as telling anyone anything new...) ... what position do you want to focus on in the upcoming season.

Anyway .... great game - I came in on things when it was 3-2 ... (actually probably really shortly after Toews' goal as it was not on the box yet while I was signing in to the stream ... so I got to see none of the bad stuff.

Game 6?

65% yah he is kicking ass in the circle for sure. Cant argue against that

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vermette was 13-7 in faceoffs won amd lost. Toewes 3-12. Vermette will want more than the Hawks would pay for next season.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Ill agree with the Q questioners also now as to why he didnt start the playoffs. Those faceoff numbers are indeed pretty fucking impressive.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Yeah Vermette was always a rental. Even if he wanted what he was making this season they couldn't re-sign him. Good to see he's being used properly now though.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Ill agree with the Q questioners also now as to why he didnt start the playoffs. Those faceoff numbers are indeed pretty fucking impressive.

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would you question Q for this. He was mediocre in the circle and bad everywhere and got benched. Came back and sucked but rallied to be good. Why is that his fault instead of his good coaching?

TCD

Liked Posts:
This doesn't make sense to me. Why would you question Q for this. He was mediocre in the circle and bad everywhere and got benched. Came back and sucked but rallied to be good. Why is that his fault instead of his good coaching?

Because i am TRYING to amend broken bridges with other fans!!

When in reality had Nordstrom not started the series then Weber probably would have never been injured.

So wahtever!! i give up!

Adun

Liked Posts:
Because i am TRYING to amend broken bridges with other fans!!

When in reality had Nordstrom not started the series then Weber probably would have never been injured.

So wahtever!! i give up!

It was your boy Saad who injured Weber

Nordstrom boarded Weber in the first game

TCD

Liked Posts:
Actually wrong!!

Nordstrom initially hurt Weber and Saad finished him off. Weber was already hurt on that shift when Saad smoked him. That was the shift he came back for to "test his leg" after Nordstrom initially made contact with earlier.

Don't challenge me fooooooooools on this one. I remember specifically seeing the entire chain of events take place and recall telling someone in the gameday thread that Nordstrom had loosened Weber up before Saad finally popped the lid off.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I hate to disagree but it was actually Grimson that sealed his fate when he put Weber on my team in the pool draft so you are all wrong.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I hate to disagree but it was actually Grimson that sealed his fate when he put Weber on my team in the pool draft so you are all wrong.

Havoc is always soooo right

Hate that guy