Vermette

Adun

Liked Posts:
Last 38gms when Vermette has been better than - Versteeg, Richards, Bickell, Nordstrom (I'll leave out the Dmen)

Vermette - 2g-7a-9pts -9 15hits(was only a + player in 2 of 38gms)
Versteeg - 6g-6a-12pts -1 24hits
Bickell - 6g-6a-12pts +6 107hits
Richards - 4g-10a-14pts -7 23hits
Nordstrom - 0g-3a-3pts -5 73hits

SO.....Bickell, Versteeg all get torn to shreds because "they suck", shouldn't be dressed....but have been better than Vermette - who Q is screwing over and should be given a better chance. The only one Vermette has produced more than is Aids Kane - but maybe they feel they need his 73hits and PK ability over Vermette's "production" (which would be at wing, since that's what Nordstrom plays....which was pointed out Vermette isn't a winger...)

Misleading. Post the numbers after he came to Chicago, the ones from when he played for the second worst team in the league don't carry weight in this argument.

Then compare him to Versteeg, a guy that was playing with Toews and Hossa.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Misleading. Post the numbers after he came to Chicago, the ones from when he played for the second worst team in the league don't carry weight in this argument.

Then compare him to Versteeg, a guy that was playing with Toews and Hossa.

Hahahaha his numbers since coming to chicago makes him look even worse man. What Sharp posted actually was flattering to Vermette.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
where's Rahn?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
D.... Deeez nuts?

0a5e7ba24bfd496b7481674e89a601a3.jpg

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

TCD

Liked Posts:
After last nights game it seems like this could be a very physical series. We will see how it plays out but with vermette sitting right now what it does do is keep a fresh guy on the tree to pick if one of the apples on the ice gets fucking squashed. So at least thats something.

I didnt miss him last night and dont know what sort of difference he would have made. Something no one can know. But i had no issues with the forward lines last night overall. Not going to judge last nights game on the first period but rather what happened after it. Was there a forward who stood out as having a bad game after the first period? Not really. Maybe Bickell had a couple fuck up moments but nothing that was costly. The guys that some people wanted sitting for vermette? Versteeg? Had a strong game. Nordstrom? I had no issues with on the 4th line i thought that line played well. Sooooo? Was getting pissy about Qs decision really worth the wasted energy?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That is a good point, if he is indeed hurt already, giving him some extra time to get right and get rested in a very physical series could pay off to have a fresh talent playing against some more wore out players, with the tight every other game schedule I hope the hawks wrap it up quick to get some rest. Going 7 could wreak havoc next series.

supraman

Liked Posts:
What a disappointment he's been. I guess that's what happens when you finally get a guy 4 years after he was the perfect fit.

Never wanted him in the first place. JVR4eva

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like I wasn't wrong on wasting a 1st rounder for a guy now in the press box...

I'm not as upset about losing the 1st rounder as I am about losing Dahlbeck.

ETA: There's still plenty of time for Vermette to get his shit together though.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
meh, Preseason Dalhbeck had all the hype of being the most suited to take that open roster spot for this season but TVR outpreformed him and Dalhbeck still doesn't have a real high ceiling and his chance to contribute next year drastically slipped. He's at highest 5th on defensive prospect players list (which is out of guys currently pro, if you add Gustav Forsling or Dahlstrom I'd think Dalhlbeck is even lower)

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not as upset about losing the 1st rounder as I am about losing Dahlbeck.

ETA: There's still plenty of time for Vermette to get his shit together though.

I have the light fear though of the bickel factor here... If he blows up in the playoffs great, but don't then throw at him a shit ton of money to resign him based on just his playoff performance.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I have the light fear though of the bickel factor here... If he blows up in the playoffs great, but don't then throw at him a shit ton of money to resign him based on just his playoff performance.

I don't think we are in position to resign him for much. That would be adding to the cap when we need to subtract. Unless of course he's willing to play for 1-2 million.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't think we are in position to resign him for much. That would be adding to the cap when we need to subtract. Unless of course he's willing to play for 1-2 million.

Sure, but as we know in sports, anything can happen. Hell we were in the same position when they signed Bickell... you just ship others out.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Sure, but as we know in sports, anything can happen. Hell we were in the same position when they signed Bickell... you just ship others out.

Hopefully they learn from that mistake though.

Hypothetically you might be able to get Vermette for cheap depending on how bad he does in the post season, but you can't expect him to be a 2nd line center anymore.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hopefully they learn from that mistake though.

Hypothetically you might be able to get Vermette for cheap depending on how bad he does in the post season, but you can't expect him to be a 2nd line center anymore.

Yeah... unless of course he really is injured like they say. Maybe if he can get full health it could still work out.