Vermette

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Last 38gms when Vermette has been better than - Versteeg, Richards, Bickell, Nordstrom (I'll leave out the Dmen)

Vermette - 2g-7a-9pts -9 15hits(was only a + player in 2 of 38gms)
Versteeg - 6g-6a-12pts -1 24hits
Bickell - 6g-6a-12pts +6 107hits
Richards - 4g-10a-14pts -7 23hits
Nordstrom - 0g-3a-3pts -5 73hits

SO.....Bickell, Versteeg all get torn to shreds because "they suck", shouldn't be dressed....but have been better than Vermette - who Q is screwing over and should be given a better chance. The only one Vermette has produced more than is Aids Kane - but maybe they feel they need his 73hits and PK ability over Vermette's "production" (which would be at wing, since that's what Nordstrom plays....which was pointed out Vermette isn't a winger...)

Reactions: TCD

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last 38gms when Vermette has been better than - Versteeg, Richards, Bickell, Nordstrom (I'll leave out the Dmen)

SO.....Bickell, Versteeg all get torn to shreds because "they suck", shouldn't be dressed....but have been better than Vermette - who Q is screwing over and should be given a better chance. The only one Vermette has produced more than is Aids Kane - but maybe they feel they need his 73hits and PK ability over Vermette's "production" (which would be at wing, since that's what Nordstrom plays....which was pointed out Vermette isn't a winger...)

Your signature is so gay.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That makes too much sense.

TCD

Liked Posts:
...says the guy with a rapist holding a magic weiner.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I've figured out why Nordstrom is playing over Vermette... noticed the Soxs game. It's apparently Joakin Nordstrom day as everyone is honoring his number by wearing it. Must be why Q is putting him in.

Variable

Liked Posts:
There's plenty of good times to criticize a coach, but people who do it also don't seem to want to evaluate it on grand scales across all coaches. Every teams in depth looking fans will pick out countless choices and moves that failed or seemed completely moronic. Babcock by most people is considered the greatest coach in the league and he is constantly for years now being nitpicked by Wings fans and there's potential he's gone from the team now. (I think no matter how good you'll get scrutinized plenty but also there is a lasting period when it is fitting time for a coach and an organization to part ways)

Who are some other great coaches we've seen praised as of late in seasons, Julien and Sutter for doing things their way and making the most of times when it counts. Well now plenty of gripe is had upon them with missing the playoffs, people think there may be an players issue with them. Or they're thinking they rely too much on their systemic ways. It's just a cycle of odd perspectives that show how fickle things can turn out.

Fans constantly complain about the lack of trust to play younger players... you see it from nearly every coach on consistently winning teams. All across the league, because that's generally how it goes. Sometimes you get awful teams like Oilers Eakans having that stated about them but it's more than not universal for routine success. Todd Mclellan is one who gets more credit than not for doing things like that, but he's also been a guy who never got his team over a jump above their expectations.

I'm all for ripping coaches; I'm for doing it sensible ways but I don't get how people don't understand simple reasoning in choices. It's not reasoning or thought processes they have to agree with, we are people capable of grasping what we definitively think is bad or dissatisfying. No one is gonna be some perfect rational choice making machine but that's not always the best solution anyway, it's definitively shown.

And I don't think Vermy won't play game 2, unless every single line has themselves a nice 5v5 goal and all around dominant performance.

What's not sensible about some of the criticisms? Rozi getting 17+ minutes a game when he probably doesn't even belong in the NHL? Dressing now out of work 7th d-men as third line wingers? Last year's playoffs playing Versteeg/Handzus/Bollig's dead asses when they all should've been scratched? Keeping Handzus on the second line all year long until their backs were up against the wall in the WCF? Like I asked, when can we criticize him? What will it take? Those last few were fucking huge mistakes and in the playoffs no less that shortened their bench while going up against the deepest team in the damn league. If you can't criticize him for that type of stupidity, then there is no "sensible time" to do it. You don't need to be "perfect" or a genius to make changes like those and adapt.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Who said anything against those criticisms? Where were you then, I don't know, but not saying blank alternatives not being said at this moment are the same. That's just some rash leap out of personal defensiveness you feel like taking.

You can criticize anyone ANYTIME. If you do it in an irrational way and somehow don't see how logic and emotional choices you don't agree with can be applied in reality and have effective results and reasoning, then you'll be fair targeted to be criticized as well which shouldn't be a problem. Should there only be a time and place for that?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who said anything against those criticisms? Where were you then, I don't know, but not saying blank alternatives not being said at this moment are the same. That's just some rash leap out of personal defensiveness you feel like taking.

You'll understand variable and his/her circular arguments before long.

Variable

Liked Posts:

You can criticize anyone ANYTIME. If you do it in an irrational way and somehow don't see how logic and emotional choices you don't agree with can be applied in reality and have effective results and reasoning, then you'll be fair targeted to be criticized as well which shouldn't be a problem. Should there only be a time and place for that?

Those are the type of things some people feel Q shouldn't be at fault for. It didn't happen here at this site. On the basis of those type of decisions by Q are why people don't like what he's doing with Vermette. Dress your best possible team.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Just because you think Vermette is better than someone - doesn't mean his is.

Fact is...he has played like shit. Was given several opportunities at C and at W...and hasn't fit in offensively or defensively - and they would rather go game 1 with the roster that has won the Jennings, and is a +40 in goal differential (which is near best in the league). Seems to me a guy around the team every single day would know what's best for the roster rather than simply because you think Vermette is better than someone. He's not a physical winger (which Nordstrom is)...nor has Vermette been on a winning team in a long time. And his defence is way over rated. He's a 3.75mil player with one ability right now - winning faceoffs. When come playoff time, Q/the Hawks rely on someone that can be more than on dimension - unless that one dimension is off the charts.

Toews, Hossa, Saad - all play in all 3 situations
Kane, Versteeg, Richards, Shaw, TT, Sharp - all play ES and PP
Bickell - ES...most physical Hawk, been lights out in playoffs
Nordstrom, Kruger - play ES and PK

Vermette only plays ES. Isn't physical. Isn't scoring. Great, he played the PK on the 2nd worst team in the league. Their PK sucked while he was there. Hawks PK has always been pretty good and don't need him there.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Just because you think Vermette is better than someone - doesn't mean his is.

Fact is...he has played like shit. Was given several opportunities at C and at W...and hasn't fit in offensively or defensively - and they would rather go game 1 with the roster that has won the Jennings, and is a +40 in goal differential (which is near best in the league). Seems to me a guy around the team every single day would know what's best for the roster rather than simply because you think Vermette is better than someone. He's not a physical winger (which Nordstrom is)...nor has Vermette been on a winning team in a long time. And his defence is way over rated. He's a 3.75mil player with one ability right now - winning faceoffs. When come playoff time, Q/the Hawks rely on someone that can be more than on dimension - unless that one dimension is off the charts.

Toews, Hossa, Saad - all play in all 3 situations
Kane, Versteeg, Richards, Shaw, TT, Sharp - all play ES and PP
Bickell - ES...most physical Hawk, been lights out in playoffs
Nordstrom, Kruger - play ES and PK

Vermette only plays ES. Isn't physical. Isn't scoring. Great, he played the PK on the 2nd worst team in the league. Their PK sucked while he was there. Hawks PK has always been pretty good and don't need him there.

0835f5eace27a04fc4e18ad65431f945.jpg

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I agree that Vermette hasn't been all that impressive since coming to Chicago. But using offensive numbers as the basis for that argument feels pointless to me, as Vermette was not brought to this team to light up the scoreboard.

All that being said, this is Game 1 of what should be a lengthy postseason for the Hawks. Vermette is going to be in the lineup eventually. I'd put a lot of money on that. We all know how quickly Q likes to change his lineup.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
He was brought here to help off set the loss of Kane...so some offense was expected.

And he's over rated defensively. If he was playing well defensively....he'd probably be in the lineup. One of the things said was that he wasn't playing that well either.

It's easy to be a top line player on shitty AZ or CLB teams - where he's been the last 10yrs. But when expected to play within a certain system/structure on a top team in the NHL, it can be a difficult adjustment (which he is showing he is struggling with)

But yes...it should hopefully be a long playoff run and depth is important. Hopefully this will make him play with a sense of more urgency and contribute when given the next opportunity.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I just want him to play because he was a late round pick in my pool!