Versteeg VS Stalberg: Who Got Better Of Trade Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
F Chris DiDomenico has one assist and is a minus-7 after 13 games with Chicago’s top farm team, the Rockford IceHogs.

Prime example of DiDomenico. He sucks.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I guess I can see your point, but no doubt that trade made Colorado the powerhouse team it became, and had Philly not made the trade those assets that made Colorado an eventual Stanley Cup Championship contender every season would have made Philly that much better.

Food for thought: Did you know New York offered: Doug Weight, Tony Amonte, Alexei Kovalev, John Vanbiesbrouck, three first round draft picks (1993, 1994 & 1995) and $12 million for Lindros, but the league made the trade invalid. That would have been fucking crazy deal.

Yeh I saw that ... I didn't remember it offhand... but, yeah and Keenan was going to offer something comparable as well. It may have involved Roenick and Belfour if I remember right -but all water under the bridge. Wirtz/Pulford didn't go for it, so that finished that.

I do know, and Lindros is a sore point for me, because I was one of those idiots that got excited about getting a Lindros rookie card back in the day ... Score managed to secure an exclusive contract with the guy -so they were the only company to have his true rookie card. I imagine it is pretty much worthless now. Other rookies from that set would be Sundin, Nolan, Roenick, Belfour among others - I think those are all worth more than the Lindros (although I gave up card collecting once I figured out it was all about hyping up rookie cards based upon nothing ... nothing like paying premium price for some over hyped rookie card in KC where they didn't know a puck from their bung hole .. but the Beckett's guide said it was worth $5 .... or $10 or whatever... it got really bad with the scramble to include Russian players.

---

Ok.. actually I would suggest that 9 out of 13 does show consistency, but just not the type that one would want. It also suggests streakiness.

I think this guy is someone who if you don't look to set up on a breakaway situation isn't going to do all that much. I'm not sure how useful that is.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would've taken draft picks for Steeger instead of these three pile of turds.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Cross I don't know what you're trying to say about Lindros. He had a Hall of Fame career despite an uncountable number of concussions. No one could ever live up to the hype he had coming out of Juniors but he still was a very good dominant player when healthy. Sure he was known for his cheap blind side hits and complaining about everything but if he had stayed healthy he could have been a career 1300+ point player.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Cross I don't know what you're trying to say about Lindros. He had a Hall of Fame career despite an uncountable number of concussions. No one could ever live up to the hype he had coming out of Juniors but he still was a very good dominant player when healthy. Sure he was known for his cheap blind side hits and complaining about everything but if he had stayed healthy he could have been a career 1300+ point player.

I agree with you- I just got off track bitching about being stupid and buying up a few Lindros rookies back in the day ...

Ok- forget all of this- as a side point is -that rookies and prospects (or wannabe prospects all end up getting hyped to a degree and almost none of them ever live up to it).

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At prospects camp he looked very average. I think he could be a solid player with a low ceiling.

He is solid, but to point out for joehawks, he doesn't play every game, when he does play he is a 4th liner along with Hagel/Brookbank/Bollig. Those are not guys to put up pointswith, and when he dresses every other game doesn't help.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would've taken draft picks for Steeger instead of these three pile of turds.

What was so good about Versteeg anyway? I actually think Stalberg is better than Versteeg.... If not now he will be.

Out of everyone on the Hawks these last few years, no one irritated me more than Steeg. He made some fantastic plays but he also made some of the most idiotic mistakes imaginable. He's also a big puss.

Stalberg is only in his second NHL season. He skates well and has some size. He plays better in the corners than Versteeg ever could. Stalberg should keep improving as well.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
What was so good about Versteeg anyway? I actually think Stalberg is better than Versteeg.... If not now he will be.

Out of everyone on the Hawks these last few years, no one irritated me more than Steeg. He made some fantastic plays but he also made some of the most idiotic mistakes imaginable. He's also a big puss.

Stalberg is only in his second NHL season. He skates well and has some size. He plays better in the corners than Versteeg ever could. Stalberg should keep improving as well.

Im so glad your here!
<3

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
again

stalberg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>versteeg all fucking day long!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ever since his OT goal vs the Ducks, he's got a whopping 2 points & no goals.

Put his ass back with Skille. He's not a top 6 forward!

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
Ever since his OT goal vs the Ducks, he's got a whopping 2 points & no goals.

Put his ass back with Skille. He's not a top 6 forward!

You're definitely right that he isn't ready to be a top-6 forward in theory but look at all the line shuffling that goes on in hockey. Q has to try anything to get the puck in the net and I also don't hate having a guy who knows his role play on the top line.

Better than Versteeg taking slow wristers from anywhere or turning the puck over instead of dumping it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're definitely right that he isn't ready to be a top-6 forward in theory but look at all the line shuffling that goes on in hockey. Q has to try anything to get the puck in the net and I also don't hate having a guy who knows his role play on the top line.

Better than Versteeg taking slow wristers from anywhere or turning the puck over instead of dumping it.

agreed that he isnt there yet. the ceiling for stalberg is so much higher than versteegs...which i think we have seen his ceiling.

versteeg was great with the puck, but always made one extra move that was not needed which lead to turnovers all the damn time.

joehawks, we also had to move him due to the cap, you have to start to realize that.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
agreed that he isnt there yet. the ceiling for stalberg is so much higher than versteegs...which i think we have seen his ceiling.

versteeg was great with the puck, but always made one extra move that was not needed which lead to turnovers all the damn time.

joehawks, we also had to move him due to the cap, you have to start to realize that.

Great with the puck until you put a finger on him.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another game with 0 points. What a beast! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.