Versteeg VS Stalberg: Who Got Better Of Trade Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steeger scores a clutch PP goal plus 6 SOG.

Coincidence Stalberg doesn't get PP time?

Keep thinking Stalberg is better than him.

Because, he's not even close.

CHAD0034

Cubs/Blackhawks
Liked Posts:
LOL @ people already judging who "got the better deal".

we won't know who got the better half of the deal for sometime.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

again, what was versteeg making? what is stalberg making? there is this thing called a salary cap joe. stop comparing past players with current one, there is no point to it. you know why it was done, support the team you have now.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Somebody mad in the Stalberg fan club?

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Well, let's look at this from Toronto's perspective... I'm sure that's what they pay the guy for...

I'm also pretty sure that that guy was/is replaceable. (Especially at his pay). Face it, Versteeg isn't the second coming of Steve Larmer... he might not even be the second coming of Jeff Larmer, although I would go so far as to say I think he probably is better than Brent Gretzky.

However considering he was one of the last guy's dealt - it would seem as if either he or Ladd were wanted to be kept on the team.

I think the mistake may have been matching San Jose's offer on Hjallmarsson at this point as it ate up about 3 million dollars. Now granted it would also have meant someone of about Stalberg's paycheck would have to be on D - which already is a little unstable... so I doubt in terms of wins/losses anything would have made much a difference.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, let's look at this from Toronto's perspective... I'm sure that's what they pay the guy for...

I'm also pretty sure that that guy was/is replaceable. (Especially at his pay). Face it, Versteeg isn't the second coming of Steve Larmer... he might not even be the second coming of Jeff Larmer, although I would go so far as to say I think he probably is better than Brent Gretzky.

However considering he was one of the last guy's dealt - it would seem as if either he or Ladd were wanted to be kept on the team.

I think the mistake may have been matching San Jose's offer on Hjallmarsson at this point as it ate up about 3 million dollars. Now granted it would also have meant someone of about Stalberg's paycheck would have to be on D - which already is a little unstable... so I doubt in terms of wins/losses anything would have made much a difference.

if there was anyone i wanted to stay, it would have been ladd

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:

The problem with this post is, i watched that entire game and once again Versteeg made many errors, was weak in the corners, and shot over the net multiple times.

Seriously, he's not a very good all-around player...

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another stellar game for Stalturd of 0 shots.

Yeah, some beast. :rofl:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
The problem with this post is, i watched that entire game and once again Versteeg made many errors, was weak in the corners, and shot over the net multiple times.

Seriously, he's not a very good all-around player...

It's not worth your time.

He just makes wild, and inaccurate comments, then never responds to us when we mention the little thing called the salary cap

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stalturd's last four games: 3 shots.

1st line material baby.

And two of those he had 0 shots AGAIN.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Steeg:
Goals: 8
Assists:7
Shots:60

Stalberg:
Goals: 6
Assists: 6
Shots: 50

So 10 more shots, 3 more points for 2 mil more? No thanks

CHAD0034

Cubs/Blackhawks
Liked Posts:
And Versteeg is considered more "into-his prime" too than Stalberg.

JoeHawks, I was a huge Steeger fan too, but just because they got rid of him doesn't mean I'm going to bash the guy they got for him because of a rough stretch of games.

It's not like Versteeg didn't have his rough stretches where he'd practically turn the puck over every other time recieving it, in games last year. Players have bad stretches...it's just the way the game goes.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Victor Stalberg on average scores 1 point for every 28 minuets of ice time this season while Kris Versteeg nets only 1 point per every 33 minuets of ice time. Also take into account that the first 12-14 games Stalberg was on our 4th line and never saw any power play time while Versteeg has been a first line player and top power play guy for Toronto the entire season. Victor Stalberg also relieves our cap situation by 2 million dollars over Versteeg and is the player with more upside moving forward. Brian Burke again traded more value away for a bad contract.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Math analysis gets a +1 not to mention playing time analysis - sometimes I think Joe just posts that stuff to get a reaction.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
:D lol -well ^ I've been to boards where the admins do that sort of stuff ... so I suppose that isn't as bad...

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steeger isn't an all star but he's a much better hockey player than Stalturd.

For a dude 6'3", he plays like a pansy.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched the leafs game last night. Once again Versteeg made a handful of terrible mistakes. He's lucky a couple of them didnt turn into goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.