CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rather have Bettcher anyway

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sucks. I’m sure there will be people now saying “Well, Bettcher is a better DC anyway”. While Bettcher is a good DC, he is not at Fangio’s level.

First of all, Bettcher was set up beautifully by the great DC Todd Bowles. Secondly, the talent he has had to work with has been ridiculously great. His secondary has been so ultra talented, Jefferson/Mathieu/Peterson, that he had the luxury of pretty much being able to send all out blitzes on every third and long time and time again without getting burned.

Fangio somehow kept the defense strong without an entire secondary at times and without any sort of pass rush at other times. Bettcher along with most other DC’s would have failed miserably with this talent the past 3 years.

Good luck, Vic. You will be missed.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This couldn't have gone in the Vic Fangio News Thread?
This forum is something else. Everyone always has to be first. It's hard enough to read through all this shit without people like you trying to be the center of attention all the time.

Dude, that thread is 30 pages long

This was posted in the Fangio news thread. You stupid?

giphy.gif

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This couldn't have gone in the Vic Fangio News Thread?
This forum is something else. Everyone always has to be first. It's hard enough to read through all this shit without people like you trying to be the center of attention all the time.

So you think that it is hard enough to read through all of the posts with around less than one page of posts and most of them not even very active instead of randomly clicking to see if there is anything of any value added on page 15, 16, or 17 of an old Vic Fangio thread?

I saw the headline and immediately knew that I wanted to click on the "VIC FANGIO WILL LIKELY FOLLOW PAT SHURMUR WHEREVER HE LANDS" thread.

I haven't clicked on the Fangio thread since it was at page 3 and Fangio was not signed yet. I would have no way of knowing if it were added unless I randomly clicked on that thread.

Moreover ...

the posting system is the perfect "survival of the fittest" for posts with stupid posts not getting much responses and quickly dropping down and out of the first page.

Repeat posts like "Bear attacks Packers fan in southwest Florida" and "Bears to hire former Oregon coach Helfrich as offensive coordinator", non-bear posts like "Jedd Fisch (Interim UCLA HC) a candidate for Falcons OC?", and stupid posts like "Lovie Smith is plan B - The Year 2020" quickly fell out of the first page.

Even useful posts will soon fall off the first page as their value drop as people stop responding to them. The posts that get responses pop up to the top.

There are usually 5 or so posts that stay at the top for about 5 days and then they drop off too.

So people need to decide between about 5 older posts plus 5 to 10 new posts to see what they want to read. 15 posts is not a huge amount of posts to have on the 1st page of the forum.

Why is it such a bad idea have breaking news threads that will give breaking news when news breaks and then will go away after a day or two?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So you think that it is hard enough to read through all of the posts with around less than one page of posts and most of them not even very active instead of randomly clicking to see if there is anything of any value added on page 15, 16, or 17 of an old Vic Fangio thread?

I saw the headline and immediately knew that I wanted to click on the "VIC FANGIO WILL LIKELY FOLLOW PAT SHURMUR WHEREVER HE LANDS" thread.

I haven't clicked on the Fangio thread since it was at page 3 and Fangio was not signed yet. I would have no way of knowing if it were added unless I randomly clicked on that thread.

Moreover ...

the posting system is the perfect "survival of the fittest" for posts with stupid posts not getting much responses and quickly dropping down and out of the first page.

Repeat posts like "Bear attacks Packers fan in southwest Florida" and "Bears to hire former Oregon coach Helfrich as offensive coordinator", non-bear posts like "Jedd Fisch (Interim UCLA HC) a candidate for Falcons OC?", and stupid posts like "Lovie Smith is plan B - The Year 2020" quickly fell out of the first page.

Even useful posts will soon fall off the first page as their value drop as people stop responding to them. The posts that get responses pop up to the top.

There are usually 5 or so posts that stay at the top for about 5 days and then they drop off too.

So people need to decide between about 5 older posts plus 5 to 10 new posts to see what they want to read. 15 posts is not a huge amount of posts to have on the 1st page of the forum.

Why is it such a bad idea have breaking news threads that will give breaking news when news breaks and then will go away after a day or two?

Your shirt decal there in your avi is still terrible.

lurker

Liked Posts:

Moreover ...

The small group of people that post daily on here don't understand that there is a much bigger group of people who come here for breaking news and updates. The bigger group doesn't want to wade through 30 pages of cunting and bitching just to see if anything new has happened today. We don't mind sifting through some threads, as a lot of times there are people that have informed opinions on a player, coach or team that we know nothing about. But that's not what this board is anymore. Now it's a few good posters and a bunch of trolls and cunts bitching all day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The small group of people that post daily on here don't understand that there is a much bigger group of people who come here for breaking news and updates. The bigger group doesn't want to wade through 30 pages of cunting and bitching just to see if anything new has happened today. We don't mind sifting through some threads, as a lot of times there are people that have informed opinions on a player, coach or team that we know nothing about. But that's not what this board is anymore. Now it's a few good posters and a bunch of trolls and cunts bitching all day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep. 30 pages of posts, but only maybe 3 of relevant info. The rest is OT childishness.

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:

Losing Fangio would be a loss, even if we get Betcher, and im a fan of Betcher.

James Betcher is a new coach which would further compromise continuity of the D.

Betcher will be an NFL HC and if Bears have success he could be one very soon. Fangio seems content as a DC, which would mean longterm continuity of the D.

If we can find a way to keep Fangio, that would be a win for Da Bears.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Losing Fangio would be a loss, even if we get Betcher, and im a fan of Betcher.

James Betcher is a new coach which would further compromise continuity of the D.

Betcher will be an NFL HC and if Bears have success he could be one very soon. Fangio seems content as a DC, which would mean longterm continuity of the D.

If we can find a way to keep Fangio, that would be a win for Da Bears.

If Fangio was content as a DC and/or wanted to be here, he would have signed by now. Clearly he is not. And that’s a problem.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Lol it's always funny when posters get bent out of shape for making new threads. It's new news so it's convenient that you don't have to go back to the old thread for the latest. It really sucks to hear that Fangio is likely to go elsewhere. You'd think he'd want to finish building the defense that he started. Hopefully we don't drop off defensively now ya Prick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
If we need to bring in Betcher I say go for it. Start with a clean slate, but I think there is real possibility that Shurmur doesn't end up at ARZ and Fangio follows him elsewhere. Need to start examining more than just those two.

The article I posted in the VIC thread stated we were also getting interest from Vikings DC and his contract is up. Interviewed him for the HC, but would be interested in DC opening possibly. Not sure why, as he has a good thing going there.