Vic getting interview requests

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Fangio has HC. Gase as OC. Donatell as DC. That’d be a great staff on a team with talent already.

Gase is one of the hottest HC candidates this cycle. No way he settles for OC.

Rumor is that Gase has inside track for HC in Denver since he was OC there. Lots of people in Denver think they should have went with Gase after firing Fox.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop making excuses for Pace. Nagy is the real reason for the success

I'm not going to play the troll game with you, I still remember your avatar pic on CBMB with Butkus standing over the Lions player Chuck Hughes when he had a heart attack on the field and died. No respect for you...

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Not allowed to leave until his defense gets s super bowl ring.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
:nervous:

reasons he may not get the job.

1. Vikings (OC problem)
2. Falcons (OC problem)
3. Khalil Mack (might think this defense was good only because of Mack)
4. Rams (success with offense minded young HC)
5. Bears (success with offense minded young HC)

:nervous:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think it was ever publicized how much Fangio is being paid with his 3 year contract extension from this past off-season. I would hope its enough to entice him to staying the course over that HC money.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I hope Vic Fangio stays. I do not feel comfortable with Pace and Nagy bringing in a DC.

Pace has been on a roll recently, so he's bound to make a Mike Glennon magnitude blunder sooner or later.

You don't trust the men who identified Vic as the guy they wanted to make the choice the next time?

You're not even giving the trolling much effort lately.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Vic’s PR is terrible - he’s a crotchety old grump. Watch his pressers and he makes your toes curl with the way he puts the press guys in their place, he hates doing all the bullshit. He’s a brilliant defensive mind but he’s not a head coach. Vic is just where he belongs and hopefully he knows that himself.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teams are not looking for crochety old DC's for HC unless they are the Vikings. Vic is going nowhere.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I mean the best football coach of all time is a nasty old defensive-minded grump who hides his contempt for the media even more poorly than Vic Fangio does.

If teams were smart they would zig where everyone is zagging and take a closer look at Vic Fangio as the guy who can counter all the trendy "young offensive minds" that everyone is so desperate to hire. But the nice thing about the likes of Tampa, Miami, Green Bay, Cleveland, New York, Arizona and Cincinnati is that they are where they are for a reason and none of them are thinking in terms of bucking the trend.

Denver would worry me because they are competently run and could see the opportunity but the Dolphins went and fired Gase, who immediately jumps to the top of their list (and deservedly so).

I also am not sure the Ravens and Harbaugh are sticking together and the Ravens are exactly the type of team that would be all over Fangio. So that's one to keep an eye on.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't view Elway as a stable GM fwiw.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vic Fangio is not going anywhere!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Vic’s PR is terrible - he’s a crotchety old grump. Watch his pressers and he makes your toes curl with the way he puts the press guys in their place, he hates doing all the bullshit. He’s a brilliant defensive mind but he’s not a head coach. Vic is just where he belongs and hopefully he knows that himself.

I love his pressers. Funnny as all shit.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I could see Vic in Denver with Gase as OC.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I love his pressers. Funnny as all shit.

So do I and they are the most honest you will ever see - just not sure GMs or owners would embrace that style. Nagy’s management of the press on the other hand is effortless. I think ‘polished / intelligent / offensive’ are the current trend. Vic is brilliant but none of the above.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Vic is a great coordinator, probably the best defensive one in the league. The NFL though doesn't value Defense as much and seems to be drifting to hiring the young flashy Offensive mind. That or an an all around, high personality type of guy.

I wouldn't fault him if he gets an opportunity though. I'm sure it was painful for him to see his goof of D-Line coach get the nod in SF over him. That was the biggest blunder I've ever seen and laughed at that duffus from the first day he was hired. That decision cost the 49ers to lose Vic whom it was obvious he was the one responsible for their dominant D all those years.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Unpopular opinion: Vic should take a head coaching job if he wants it. I want him to stay, but if he goes, Nagy will have a selection of replacement including former HCs that are now on the market. There are a lot of good DCs out there and we have the best all-around talent in our defense.

I hope he stays, but if he goes, that's on him and we'll be fine.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Unpopular opinion: Vic should take a head coaching job if he wants it. I want him to stay, but if he goes, Nagy will have a selection of replacement including former HCs that are now on the market. There are a lot of good DCs out there and we have the best all-around talent in our defense.

I hope he stays, but if he goes, that's on him and we'll be fine.

Uh how on earth is this an unpopular opinion?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
we should still continue to throw money at him. Make him leave. He has it made here in Chicago. He built this defense. Management gave him Mack and the 1st round pick Roquan.

Make it so it is so comfortable here, the stress of being a head coach isn't worth it.

swz01

Liked Posts:
Those aren't good jobs. He'd end up fired within a few years. If he lose him it will be unfortunate but I don't see him lasting very long with either of those teams. Hopefully he can recognize those aren't good situations for him to step into.