Vince Young?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm all for it. I would love for it to happen. He's also not that bad either.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. Our QB is Jay Cutler. We need OL improvements, not a drama queen QB throwing temper tantrums as he throws his gear into the stands. He can go join Russell in Free Agency :)

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I was thinking he'd make a good back-up too. What's the name of the Bears #2 again? Yeah, he sucks. Haine looks like he might have potential but who knows.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I can picture the Vikings acquiring him, and the Vince Drama is 1000x less than the Favre Drama, making it a breath of fresh air.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vince has the talent to be a great QB, but he appears to be a head case. I don't know how much of that is him and how much is the result of the way Jeff Fisher treated him. I'm not sure why Fisher didn't want Young to start, but I'm inclined to think he had good reasons.

I would love to have someone with his talent as a back-up, but I'm not sure it would be worth the risk.

I also think someone who needs a starting QB will probably pick him up.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Vince Young is going to compete to be a starter where he goes. He isn't going to any spot to be a set backup. Even if you think his talent and personality are pathetic as a starter his talents and his record are enough for his agent to use to get him to a team in need of a starter.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
The Bears could at least pick him up for the playoffs. Cutler is a tough guy but there's only so much physical abuse a man can take.

He does have an excellent record though so I agree that he'll be a starter somewhere and with all the new coaches out there it's probably a good time to be a decent unemployed QB.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, we do need a better backup QB in case Cutler goes down. But, not VY.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bears can add new players to their playoff roster at this point.

He can't go anywhere until March 4th, but I think IronMike was talking about the playoffs for next year.

...Maybe not! :)

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well there is some ability to add players, it isn't like you can't because the Saints just had to add some scrap heap running backs and in 06 the Seahawks were signing CBs too play the Bears.

Hello Carolina for VY. Andrew Luck is (What I will note as wisely) staying at Stanford and VY with the running attack in Carolina could be very effective.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
They can if there are sudden injuries of course.

Bang, bang Maxwell's silver hammer came down upon his head...

If Cutler goes down the offense is finished.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why they didn't dump Collins after the first time he played. HORRIBLE! I'll play for free and I guarantee I'd complete more passes to the right team than he can.

With the number of sacks the o-line is allowing it's like playing russian roulette to not have a quality back-up.

As much as I'd like to see more of Haine I'd prefer it not be the playoffs. If they go to 18 games next season I'd like to see Haine start a couple of them.

Last edited:

IronMike

Liked Posts:
No, I'm saying if they break Collins and Haine's kneecaps they could get a QB. Obviously VY isn't going to be available 'til next season.

Accidents happen. Boy, you're not too swift.

Last edited:

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Andrew Luck isnt entering the draft. Panthers will seek him out for sure imo. Unless they'd perfer Kolb or Orton. But wow. Didnt expect Young to get dumped without trading.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Really, there's no point in it. If Cutler goes down, VY is NOT going to lead this team to consecutive wins. Save the money for on OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.