onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
And the Vikings have feasted off the easy teams on their schedule, they've only beat one team that was supposed to be a contender and that's the Eagles and they're not doing that well either. The only reason why the Vikings are getting the respect they are getting is because they made it to the playoffs. But to say they haven't gotten all their wins over average or below teams is pretty ridiculous: they've beat the Lions, Eagles, 49ers, Cardinals, Jets and tied with the puke. Every good team they've faced they've lost to and they got beat by the Bills. The wins between the Bears and Vikings are similar. I'm not saying they aren't a good team but they haven't beaten any team of note yet either this year.

Yeah...I don't view the Vikings as superior team right now. Their glaring weakness is the biggest benefit to the Bears. If Diggs is playing that poses a problem...and if Cooks hamstring doesn't fall off on his next run that could be an issue too. But outside of the long run against the Lions Cook has been a non-factor even when playing.

I see the Vikes D trying to knock the Bears WR off their routes early because their D probably can't keep up with their speed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Putrid offense?

Do they not teach math in Minnesota high schools? All I ask is that people take a peak at some stats before they spout off.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both teams are really strong.....I don't think they beat the Rams or Saints more often than not, but it will be a tough battle.

Bears have been better at home than away for the most part. Some of the NFL lines move a half point, some haven't moved at all. I don't think that matters much.

Key for the Bears will be to keep Cousins on his heals and make bad passes, disrupt timing.

Minnesota will need to contain Trubisky. If Trubisky can extend plays the receivers will find holes and produce sizable gains....

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
They will probably go after Trubisky big time - huge test for the O-Line and QB.

A few weeks back I'd have been worried about Trubs under that kind of pressure, but I'm more positive now because that to me has been his biggest area of improvement the last few games. He's feeling the pressure, staying calmer and making better decisions in the pocket. If they throw everything at him the way BB did, we might be more able to gash them for some big plays.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will probably go after Trubisky big time - huge test for the O-Line and QB.

A few weeks back I'd have been worried about Trubs under that kind of pressure, but I'm more positive now because that to me has been his biggest area of improvement the last few games. He's feeling the pressure, staying calmer and making better decisions in the pocket. If they throw everything at him the way BB did, we might be more able to gash them for some big plays.

He's faced a lot of blitzes from some tough defenses. The Jets blitzed him pretty extensively.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Teams have not been blitizing him as much as the beginning of the season. Here and there depending on the team but it has gone down a bit....I know Jets blitzed him a bit though

smilebit

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that seems to be somewhat important, don't you think?

I do but they haven't beat a good team this year either so all I'm saying is that in terms of who their beating on their schedule isn't so impressive just like the Bears with who've they've beaten. Last year doesn't matter anymore, it's this year and if they would've say beaten the Saints they'd look a lot better than the Bears but they don't as both teams look pretty even in terms of the teams they've won against. The Vikings aren't some NFC powerhouse like the Saints, they're getting their wins against lesser teams and losing to better teams.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol... the Bears offense is putrid? I wish their team believed that as much as that fan does.

Right? They've played 9 games and we've played 9 games. We have scored 48 more points on offense and combined with our defense we maintain a 94 net point lead between points scored and points allowed, they have a 17 point lead net lead.

Also I think they forgot about the Bills game, they got crushed and we crushed the Bills. I'm not sold on a win here but I don't think this will be an easy game for either team. I hope the Bears prove me wrong.

2018-11-15-9-22-05.jpg

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't watch the Jets vs Barkley extravaganza to see if they tried to get cute, but Jets have been pretty stout against the pass, statistically for the year.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I saw the game in the Metrodome in the Superbowl year when McMahon came off the bench with the Bears down by a couple of scores. They were dominating us. I think Steve Fuller was the QB in his place because of an injury. McMahon was pestering Ditka on the sideline to let him play. The place was so loud that I could not hear my headphones. 4 people behind us had tee shirts that said "F*** Chicago and they were nasty. Ditka gave into McMahon and he tossed 3 touchdown passes in like 10 plays. You could hear a pin drop in there. LOLOLOL

It was the greatest comeback I have ever seen. The dynamic change in 45000 people was just mind boggling.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Actually some pretty rational points there. Except they underestimate the Bears O. Seems like the whole NFL is. And I am not talking about Trubisky. I mean the O as a whole. This squad puts up points one way or another.

I think a good pass rush can still lead to Trubs having a crappy day, but I think the O still puts up points even when Trubs struggles.

Mitch has been great against pressure the last 2 weeks. Not saying pressure is a good thing but it’s not going to kill us either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They haven't lost by more than 10 and 2 of their 3 losses were to the Rams and Saints. Buffalo was an any given Sunday disaster but is the outlier here. We are 2.5 point favs at home which means bettors think the Vikes are the better team. Anyone taking this game for granted on either side is not being smart. We need to pressure Cousins and be better about sustaining drives in the 2nd 1/2 if we are going to win. I'm more excited about this matchup than any other so far. Vikings haven't gone anywhere, are coming off a bye and understand this is a big game towards a division championship.

The Bears have not lost by more than a score. Points wise, their biggest loss (Patriots, 7 points) the Bears just came up a single yard short...

BTW, the Vikings lost to the Bills by 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk