Wade and Bosh duo - dang

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Just announced on Mike and Mike

Mia bound

Bulls are getting shutout. NY - want company?

sabixx

Liked Posts:
Knicks did ten timers better then us in free agency

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
It's only a "source" right now, we've heard so many "sources" that I'm not treating it as a done deal just yet.

sabixx

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
It's only a "source" right now, we've heard so many "sources" that I'm not treating it as a done deal just yet.

the timing just lines up too perfectly with Lebron to not be true unforunately

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying it's not true, I'm saying with everything that's gone on you can't believe anything is done until you hear it from the players themselves.

hardguy

Liked Posts:
If that is true, we'd have to get into a bidding war for Boozer. Who can we get to play 2 guard if Lebron stays in Cleveland, Ronnie Brewer, Shanon Brown?!

Kush77

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls come out of this with no Wade, n LBJ and not Bosh this is a MASSIVE failure.

Sure they could get Boozer, but they could of had Boozer last year.

LeBron is going to stay in Cleveland I think. This is not good.

ramblingrose33

Liked Posts:
I have no idea what the Bulls are doing! We wasted time ever think Wade was coming. The guy is new Isiah Thomas for christsakes! LeBron will be a Knick sadly. Why the Bulls haven't moved on Boozer or Lee is really scary. Maybe they want Big Al in a trade instead. All I know if we're it bad shape if Taj is our starting 4.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don´t you think our chances to sign Lebron get higher if Bosh joins Wade in Miami?

Wade and Bosh might work as good as Wade with Shaq during their title run so Miami would be a contender. If they get some good role players they´re better than Lebron and his Cavs.

With Rose and Noah his chances would be a lot better.

ramblingrose33

Liked Posts:
I agree with you but I just think James is too big of a fame hound to come to Chicago. I think he'll make my worst nightmare a reality and sign with the Knicks. :(

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even if LeBron signs with the Knicks, he'll end up like Karl Malone. He won't win anything with just Amare. If LeBron signs with the Cavs long term, same result. Cleveland doesn't have the support he needs to beat this alleged Wade/Bosh duo. If he comes here, he'll have a chance to compete, especially if we also have Lee/Boozer. If we actually get shut out, I have to question what all the FA's were thinking. We still are in the best position to win a title with them outright with just one of them.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
I now hate the Miami Heat and Wade and Bosh. Wade really? He sat there and played in front of an empty building even when Shaq was there. The only game this year that fans showed up for was the Cavs game and some playoff games. Miami doesn't deserve a team. So Wade thinks that Bosh and a bunch of losers will bring him a chip? No!, so now Bosh and Wade can play in front of an empty house every night and they can lose in the 2nd round every year. When Miami leaked Wade's arrival to Miami, 50 fans showed up. 50? I could get more than that to show up at a party for fat girls. Chicago would have had thousands of fans show up and they pack the building every night. I hate Miami now.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Lebron could still come to the Bulls but we have to sign Boozer or Lee today! Or the Bulls lose out on getting a wing and we have to settle on Mike Miller. If the Bulls can get Boozer and Miller that would be great, but I still think the 2nd city should have gotten one of the Big 2 especially since one of them is from Chicago.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm still confused as to why apparently NONE of them want to play with Rose. Or maybe they all just want to screw Chicago. :p

Fred

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
If the Bulls come out of this with no Wade, n LBJ and not Bosh this is a MASSIVE failure.

Just to echo Kush's thoughts, if Bulls' management and some of their fans are to be believed, they have been planning for this offseason for 3 years. In order to prepare for this offseason, the Bulls have sacrificed the following #1 picks for cap space:

Draft 2010 - #15 pick was the Bulls' actual pick. It became #17 due to the Salmons trade, made in order to free cap space. #17 pick had to be sent to Washington as an incentive for them to take on Hinrich’s fat contract.
Draft 2006: #2 overall pick Tyrus Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha
Draft 2004: Ben Gordon #3rd overall pick
Draft 2003: Kirk Hinrich #7th overall pick

John Salmons was also traded for cap space.

...in order to get ___________________________ in the 2010 summer, despite rules that clearly gave the original teams a huge advantage in resigning their own players. Despite the efforts of the Boston Celtics (by beating Cleveland), and Wade's ex-wife (whose insanity gave us a chance to sign him), it now appears we'll be shut out of the big 3.

Only the Bulls.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
great breakdown Fred.

I think these owners and GM's bank on the fact that the fans can't remember past a couple of years. Sorry Jerry, the smart fans remember and Chicago has great fans.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
Just to echo Kush's thoughts, if Bulls' management and some of their fans are to be believed, they have been planning for this offseason for 3 years. In order to prepare for this offseason, the Bulls have sacrificed the following #1 picks for cap space:

Draft 2010 - #15 pick was the Bulls' actual pick. It became #17 due to the Salmons trade, made in order to free cap space. #17 pick had to be sent to Washington as an incentive for them to take on Hinrich’s fat contract.
The pick is not much and Hinrich is simply not that good. You have said that yourself.
Seiously, Thabo? That's the argument? Not a reason why the Bulls win games. Tyrus was traded, it was a gamble. No one shunned it that I remember (my memory isn't that good)
No issues with this, no need to re-hash the BG argument
He went downhill quick. It's a great move for the Bulls, regardless
Again, no outcry when he was traded. I was a believer in John. Based that off of an end of season trade. He showed at the start of the 2009-10 season he wasn't, at least not for the Bulls.
Despite the efforts of the Boston Celtics (by beating Cleveland), and Wade's ex-wife (whose insanity gave us a chance to sign him)
No that hurts the Bulls. Why would he want to be closer to her? I understand the kids situation, but Obviously that made no difference.

Only the Bulls.

It stinks, I agree, but they tried. Better to have asked the pretty girls out and been turned down then to never be in a position to pose the question.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
well first of all i expect boozer to be signed today. just to show lebron we actually have him.

if you add boozer's offense to noah's defense, i think it's still a great situation. plus now, lebron knows the miami team will be a threat for years to come. a threat that his cleveland team won't be good enough to beat IMO. so he needs to come to the youngest yet most complete team in free agency. if we sign boozer, he'll be the oldest player on the roster. everyone else is 25 or younger. that's a fantastic nucleus for lebron.

we can only see. i still think that could happen.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

...in order to get ___________________________ in the 2010 summer, despite rules that clearly gave the original teams a huge advantage in resigning their own players. Despite the efforts of the Boston Celtics (by beating Cleveland), and Wade's ex-wife (whose insanity gave us a chance to sign him), it now appears we'll be shut out of the big 3.

Only the Bulls.

Thabo was traded for Taj

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
true true. which would you rather have at this point? it's a valid question. next to an all star PG you want a good defender to start the game like dahntay jones or antoine wright. and then perhaps bring a scorer off the bench. but then getting taj was a great move. fantastic defensive role player and made it possible to trade tyrus for a future good draft pick.

interesting question...