Wade and Bosh duo - dang

Fred

Liked Posts:
brett05 wrote:
Fred wrote:
Just to echo Kush's thoughts, if Bulls' management and some of their fans are to be believed, they have been planning for this offseason for 3 years. In order to prepare for this offseason, the Bulls have sacrificed the following #1 picks for cap space:

Draft 2010 - #15 pick was the Bulls' actual pick. It became #17 due to the Salmons trade, made in order to free cap space. #17 pick had to be sent to Washington as an incentive for them to take on Hinrich’s fat contract.
The pick is not much and Hinrich is simply not that good. You have said that yourself.
Draft 2006: #2 overall pick Tyrus Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha
Seiously, Thabo? That's the argument? Not a reason why the Bulls win games. Tyrus was traded, it was a gamble. No one shunned it that I remember (my memory isn't that good)
Draft 2004: Ben Gordon #3rd overall pick
No issues with this, no need to re-hash the BG argument
Draft 2003: Kirk Hinrich #7th overall pick
He went downhill quick. It's a great move for the Bulls, regardless
John Salmons was also traded for cap space.
Again, no outcry when he was traded. I was a believer in John. Based that off of an end of season trade. He showed at the start of the 2009-10 season he wasn't, at least not for the Bulls.
Despite the efforts of the Boston Celtics (by beating Cleveland), and Wade's ex-wife (whose insanity gave us a chance to sign him)
No that hurts the Bulls. Why would he want to be closer to her? I understand the kids situation, but Obviously that made no difference.

Only the Bulls.

It stinks, I agree, but they tried. Better to have asked the pretty girls out and been turned down then to never be in a position to pose the question.

You're missing my point. Regardless of who you took with those picks, you've managed to turn several high #1 picks into cap space. Any incompetant fool can do that, as Donald Sterling proved this year. This just goes along with the point I made on the previous podcast: Kissing management's ass was extremely premature. Removing Hinrich's contract deserved an ovation. Then again, it's the same moronic management team that overpaid for him in the first place. Putting yourself into position to sign free agents isn't difficult, especially when you're willing to throw in draft picks just to remove guys like Kirk off the roster. The Knicks accomplished the same feat, with far more toxic assets. At least they have Amare to show for it.

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
We need to sign BOOZER now, before we end up with nothing.
Than we would have to take a chance on to injury prone players:
T-Mac and Michael Redd... In my opinion...
T-Mac is 30yrs old and he ended last season healthy with a couple 20point games in there..
so maybe if he stays healthy he could be very helpful in the next few seasons.

Michael Redd is a great player, one of the best shooters in the NBA, former All-star. 30.
If these guys stay healthy, they have the potential to get back on track, quick.

What you guys think?

Rose-Redd-Deng-Boozer-Noah is risky but sounds better than Rose-Redick-Deng-Boozer-Noah.

Man... I'm so disappointed in Wade and Bosh. We still got Rose though. We still got Rose :(

Fred

Liked Posts:
MikeMeraz wrote:
We need to sign BOOZER now, before we end up with nothing.
Than we would have to take a chance on to injury prone players:
T-Mac and Michael Redd... In my opinion...
T-Mac is 30yrs old and he ended last season healthy with a couple 20point games in there..
so maybe if he stays healthy he could be very helpful in the next few seasons.

Michael Redd is a great player, one of the best shooters in the NBA, former All-star. 30.
If these guys stay healthy, they have the potential to get back on track, quick.

What you guys think?

Rose-Redd-Deng-Boozer-Noah is risky but sounds better than Rose-Redick-Deng-Boozer-Noah.

Man... I'm so disappointed in Wade and Bosh. We still got Rose though. We still got Rose :(

Rose-Redd-Deng-Boozer-Noah....Redd, Boozer, and Deng alone would set a record for combined games on the injured list...probably somewhere between 100-200 per season. If Noah's plantar fas flares up...this is so damn depressing. I'd like to see Boozer and Korver.

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
lol way to have hope man..
and jinx us too lol...

Korver? idk, I would rather take redick instead of Korver, Redick's been picking up his game, especially on the defensive end. Man this sux..
This has been a disappointing morning.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Fred, take a step back. Those picks are a lot of assests but outside one or two of them they had no real impact on winning. This offseason is also not over, adding boozer will give us something we sorely need or having the cap space will allow us to rebuild with Rose.

On another point, I never want to hear about Wade, Bosh or possibly Bron wanting to win. They don't. Rose, Noah and two of those guys would have been something great. Something to rival the the 72 and 10 win team. Instead, Wade and Bosh might win a title down the road but its far from a certainty. They have nothing at pg,sf or C and will be hard pressed to fill more than one of those spots in the next year or two. Hope you like playing C Bosh.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It almost seems like Fred is complaining that Hinrich was traded. I know this isn't the case by any means, but it certainly can be read that way. Regardless, with Boozer signed, we will be a better team next year. If we get a decent/above average 2 guard, we're in good shape to be a 3-5 seed for years to come. If by some 1.7% miracle LeBron joins us, we're in really really really good shape. At least the mediocrity is gone.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I dont think Boozer makes us a 3 seed. Miami might not have depth but they are better and can still add a couple of ok starters, boston is still better, orlando is still better, the hawks are tough, the bucks are tough, and the team known as Bron will be better.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TheStig wrote:
I dont think Boozer makes us a 3 seed. Miami might not have depth but they are better and can still add a couple of ok starters, boston is still better, orlando is still better, the hawks are tough, the bucks are tough, and the team known as Bron will be better.
The way I see it if we add depth we can be a 3 seed soon in a few years. Boston will decline fast so they'll be out of the picture after maybe next year at the latest. I can see Miami and Orlando being better for sure. LeBron's team might be better than us now, but in a couple years I'm not sure. I think we can beat Atlanta and Milwaukee. But that's just me. At the very least we're 4-5.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
The way I see it if we add depth we can be a 3 seed soon in a few years. Boston will decline fast so they'll be out of the picture after maybe next year at the latest. I can see Miami and Orlando being better for sure. LeBron's team might be better than us now, but in a couple years I'm not sure. I think we can beat Atlanta and Milwaukee. But that's just me. At the very least we're 4-5.

Bron's team, Orlando and Miami will be better for years to come. Plus other teams won't sit around. I think NJ will surprise people, Harris, Favors and Lopez plus a shit load of cap space to make trades is a very good start.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TheStig wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Bron's team, Orlando and Miami will be better for years to come. Plus other teams won't sit around. I think NJ will surprise people, Harris, Favors and Lopez plus a shit load of cap space to make trades is a very good start.
Even if NJ becomes really good, 4 or 5 seed is still a definite possibility. It's not like we're going to be fighting to stay out of the lottery.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Even if NJ becomes really good, 4 or 5 seed is still a definite possibility. It's not like we're going to be fighting to stay out of the lottery.

I never said adding a 20/10 big didn't help but I don't think it puts us over the top. You still need another star unless Rose blows up.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TheStig wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
TheStig wrote:

I never said adding a 20/10 big didn't help but I don't think it puts us over the top. You still need another star unless Rose blows up.
Well we're not over the top unless we get LeBron. All I'm saying is that we'll be a much better team than before. We're not perennial ECF champions every year with just Boozer and depth. We might make it there is all I'm saying.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I guess I am not overjoyed because we could have had Boozer for TT and Kirk before. I just don't see the genius of it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TheStig wrote:
I guess I am not overjoyed because we could have had Boozer for TT and Kirk before. I just don't see the genius of it.
There is no genius. Boozer was the backup plan. If we got one of the big 3, then it would be genius.

Dc773

Liked Posts:
What's good everybody. My cousin Ran told me D.Rose, who went to school with, is looking forward to playing against Bosh. They hangout a lot.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
If we'd kept all the guys that Fred is complaining about then he'd be on here complaining about how we kept a bunch of mediocre players instead of making a run at LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

Just a couple of podcasts ago I remember a couple of guys waxing lyrical about how wonderful life would be with LeBron. Now they're trying to tell us management are morons. Screw that, management gave it a red hot go, set up the perfect scenario where we had the best destination, but if guys don't value winning then what can you do?

We made a run at it, and I think it was the right thing to do.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dc773 wrote:
What's good everybody. My cousin Ran told me D.Rose, who went to school with, is looking forward to playing against Bosh. They hangout a lot.
So what? Who cares? :laugh:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shakes wrote:
If we'd kept all the guys that Fred is complaining about then he'd be on here complaining about how we kept a bunch of mediocre players instead of making a run at LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

Just a couple of podcasts ago I remember a couple of guys waxing lyrical about how wonderful life would be with LeBron. Now they're trying to tell us management are morons. Screw that, management gave it a red hot go, set up the perfect scenario where we had the best destination, but if guys don't value winning then what can you do?

I agree. Imagine if our roster was this
Rose
BG
Deng
Nocioni or Salmons
Noah
Sefolosha
Taj
JJ
Hinrich
Tyrus
And let's say we resigned Miller and drafted James Anderson.

That roster screams mediocrity. Then we wouldn't have an All Star besides Rose, no one really to pick and roll with Rose, still have no inside offense (that's one positive here guys, we finally added a low post scorer for the first time in a long time), and with all the movement that's going to happen in a few days, might even be fighting to make the playoffs. We'd be totally stuck. At least with Boozer on board, we still have a slight shot at LeBron (who knows...I sure don't) and we'll be free from mediocrity even without LeBron. All we gave up has ultimately led to a net improvement. That's all we can really ask of management.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:

Even with how we did, I like Rose, Boozer and Noah (ok maybe deng) and another max slot more than what we had going on. The only guy I'd take back on that list is BG.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Even with how we did, I like Rose, Boozer and Noah (ok maybe deng) and another max slot more than what we had going on. The only guy I'd take back on that list is BG.

Oh absolutely, we improved the team even with the fallback plan. I guess maybe there's a case for a few of the guys, but it's not like moving them has hurt us much.

I think Thabo on the deal he signed is pretty good value, wouldn't mind him back. But since we landed Gibson with the pick obviously I'd do the deal over again.

Kirk's expiring next year may have been useful, but we can probably sign someone to a short term deal if we want to have an expiring for next year anyway.