Was it worth it?

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No it wasn't worth it. All I care about is winning the Super Bowl and going 8-8 so we can get emBEARassed on national TV again doesn't get us closer to the Super Bowl. We're now actually farther away from the Super Bowl.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No it wasn't worth it. All I care about is winning the Super Bowl and going 8-8 so we can get emBEARassed on national TV again doesn't get us closer to the Super Bowl. We're now actually farther away from the Super Bowl.
Not really. There will be at least a dozen players drafted in the first round that are better than a handful of guys that go in the top ten. The Bears have just as much a shot at getting a quality player at twenty overall as they do at pick nine overall.

In the meantime some guys got a playoff experience who've never had it before and some guys like Mooney, Vildor and Kmet made big late season surges in their development. Not to mention the colossal impact Bars and Mustipher have made. The Bears long-term future is durastically brighter than it was because of the progress those guys made. Finishing the season on a whimper without the development of those players would put the Bears much further away from a Super Bowl than picking tenth overall.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not really. There will be at least a dozen players drafted in the first round that are better than a handful of guys that go in the top ten. The Bears have just as much a shot at getting a quality player at twenty overall as they do at pick nine overall.

In the meantime some guys got a playoff experience who've never had it before and some guys like Mooney, Vildor and Kmet made big late season surges in their development. Not to mention the colossal impact Bars and Mustipher have made. The Bears long-term future is durastically brighter than it was because of the progress those guys made. Finishing the season on a whimper without the development of those players would put the Bears much further away from a Super Bowl than picking tenth overall.

More likely to get a QB with the 10th pick than the 20th. Easier to trade up for a QB from the 10th instead of 20th. It’s not rocket science

Montucky

Liked Posts:
More likely to get a QB with the 10th pick than the 20th. Easier to trade up for a QB from the 10th instead of 20th. It’s not rocket science
Great. You get a great quarterback, surround him with dogshit everywhere, and he flounders or gets so frustrated that he wants out. See the situation with Watson in Houston, or how Cutler played out in Chicago. Obsessing over quarterbacks at the cost of everything else is a surefire recipe for turning into the Jets.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Great. You get a great quarterback, surround him with dogshit everywhere, and he flounders or gets so frustrated that he wants out. See the situation with Watson in Houston, or how Cutler played out in Chicago. Obsessing over quarterbacks at the cost of everything else is a surefire recipe for turning into the Jets.

:obama:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the people that couldn’t stand the thought of temporarily rooting against the bears for a higher draft pick or them tanking, was it worth it for ya? Was getting embarrassed on National TV as we all knew they would worth not having a top 10 pick? I bet Trey Lance is looking real good now ?

This is a treadmill team. And everyone will be back for another year. Fans need to have foresight to see the bigger picture.
Indeed it was by hoping for the bears ta win i feel like i willed them into an 8 and 8 season if you guys had just been more positive and we worked together i think we coulda been 10-5 easy

Last edited:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean just imagine if we had all used our positive branes and wished for them ta win we could have been 16-0 every season and won every super bowl.....or what fans wish dont make a fuck I'll let you make the call

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you think if more people would have rooted against the Bears, they would have lost more games?
yep, they do, just like some think if they liked and rooted more for Trubisky, he might have turned into Mahomes or Watson

Perspective

Liked Posts:

In that case the NO saints should have closed shop and traded brees and cut Sean Payton after they went 7-9 three years in a row .... right genius?

Goldman being out had no impact? Roquan out no impact? Mooney out no impact? Jaylon Johnson out no impact? Cohen out no impact? Daniels out no impact? All those 6 players will be on the field opening day next year .... all relatively young and talented and some of them have not even hit their peak....Kmet will be much better next year ... all TEs are in second year vs rookie year .... Quinn should be better next year fixing his injury ....Shelley and Vildor should grow next year .... Bars and Mustipher should get better with chemistry next year .....yeah we have holes the biggest one being addressing Qb And OT and possibly WR unless they re-sign Aron but this team is not that far from 11-5 to 10-6 .

Salary cap issues will be resolved via extensions (fuller; Hicks etc) or restructures (Mack; EJax etc) or cuts (Skrine; jimmy Graham; Massie etc)....And we Have our full arsenal of draft picks to restock positions depending on the quality of players that drop

if all you care about is winning super bowls then you are in for a real shock .... statistically one team is only gonna win a SB once every 32 years.... even the Pats went through decades of not winning a SB and the chiefs never won one until last year and the cowboys and miners have not won one forever .... u should quit football and go watch something else .... this is a sport aka entertainment .... enjoy the journey and the ups and downs that come with it .... don’t just fret over the final result (I e winning a superbowl). .... even if the Bears win one it won’t change your life one iota

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can honestly say I didn't want another bullshit lucky (opponent screws up) = Bears win

...if it meant we all had to endure a 3rd GB embarrassment.

That'd be like taking shots of something you don't like, only to NOT get laid and have a 20 hour killer headache. But at least you danced like a fool to that one song which was fun. Bears are like bad booze man. We're all drunk on this team & it curses us so. Some darkly poetic irony.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In that case the NO saints should have closed shop and traded brees and cut Sean Payton after they went 7-9 three years in a row .... right genius?

Goldman being out had no impact? Roquan out no impact? Mooney out no impact? Jaylon Johnson out no impact? Cohen out no impact? Daniels out no impact? All those 6 players will be on the field opening day next year .... all relatively young and talented and some of them have not even hit their peak....Kmet will be much better next year ... all TEs are in second year vs rookie year .... Quinn should be better next year fixing his injury ....Shelley and Vildor should grow next year .... Bars and Mustipher should get better with chemistry next year .....yeah we have holes the biggest one being addressing Qb And OT and possibly WR unless they re-sign Aron but this team is not that far from 11-5 to 10-6 .

Salary cap issues will be resolved via extensions (fuller; Hicks etc) or restructures (Mack; EJax etc) or cuts (Skrine; jimmy Graham; Massie etc)....And we Have our full arsenal of draft picks to restock positions depending on the quality of players that drop

if all you care about is winning super bowls then you are in for a real shock .... statistically one team is only gonna win a SB once every 32 years.... even the Pats went through decades of not winning a SB and the chiefs never won one until last year and the cowboys and miners have not won one forever .... u should quit football and go watch something else .... this is a sport aka entertainment .... enjoy the journey and the ups and downs that come with it .... don’t just fret over the final result (I e winning a superbowl). .... even if the Bears win one it won’t change your life one iota

This has to be a member of the McCaskey family. ?

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
For the people that couldn’t stand the thought of temporarily rooting against the bears for a higher draft pick or them tanking, was it worth it for ya? Was getting embarrassed on National TV as we all knew they would worth not having a top 10 pick? I bet Trey Lance is looking real good now ?

This is a treadmill team. And everyone will be back for another year. Fans need to have foresight to see the bigger picture.

Do you actually believe that how Bears fans "rooted" had any impact on their draft status?

So, was rooting for our home team "worth it"?

Of course it was. Don't be obtuse.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Do you actually believe that how Bears fans "rooted" had any impact on their draft status?

So, was rooting for our home team "worth it"?

Of course it was. Don't be obtuse.

The bears aren’t a normal team but other teams listen to their fans to an extent. If a coach is not particularly well liked by the fans nor successful he probably wouldn’t be a coach much longer.

I’m just wondering why fans care to see meaningless wins when the thing to root for was getting a higher draft pick and QB after how many years.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
How dare ye, fans of da Bears, cheer for the team yer fans of - to win in da playoffs. Fer shame, ye fans of da Bears. Real fans of da Bears cheer against da Bears, because draft picks is more better than wins or somethin’.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
The bears aren’t a normal team but other teams listen to their fans to an extent. If a coach is not particularly well liked by the fans nor successful he probably wouldn’t be a coach much longer.

I’m just wondering why fans care to see meaningless wins when the thing to root for was getting a higher draft pick and QB after how many years.

So you do believe that who Bears fans root for alters the outcomes of games.

Seriously - You believe that.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy and Pace back because they backed into the new 7th seed. To those saying its worth it, eat shit.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Nagy and Pace back because they backed into the new 7th seed. To those saying its worth it, eat shit.

Exactly we knew them making the playoffs would mean they were coming back and yet you still had people running around wanting them to do it and I understand that but you cant be upset now that they are coming back .

I even understand where George is coming from as the Bears have only made the postseason 5 of the last 20 years and 2 of the last 3 so there is that weighing into the situation as well.