Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
R2qFh.gif

BOSTIC bringing some big time lumber.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
We still reached on Long. He's at most a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He's only started 4 games in college. We could've had Eifert or Ogletree. I hate this pick!!!! *sarcasm* Where are all the naysayers now???

Bostic, outside of that one big hit played poorly today. He missed a lot of tackles and looked lost on the field. Khaseem Greene was a non-factor too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cutler pissed me off tonight all I saw was him starring at Marshall. That interception was one of the stupidest throws I've seen in a while, all he did was stare down Marshall and ignore his other reads just like he did all night.

Wasn't just that play. It doesn't look like he's running the O.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The offense is still a work in progress, Cutler and Trestman know it so just give him some time to learn it and understand it better.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He threw 5 passes. One was a quick bubble to Marshall so Cutler obviously had no reads to go through. One was the int which was a terrible decision no doubt. One was a rollout where Jay was clearly looking at Martellus who was double covered so Jay came off him and went to Marshall for a first down. One was a three step drop in which Marshall was wide open because he tossed his man to the ground. The last of the five was an audible he called because Marshall had a one-on-one inside the 5 so he called a fade presumably when you look at how Jay originally set-up, it wasn't there because Marshall got jammed so Jay threw a back shoulder throw for a TD.

He has a 98 rating tonight even with the int. I think we are making a mountain out of a fucking mole-hill here off of five passes. As I said, that int was terrible, no doubt but let's relax a little bit on this subject.

Mostly agree with this. But imo, Cutler did look shell shocked out there. Not sure if its still digesting the system , not trusting the OL yet, or what... but it was weird. He actually had time tonight and it looked like he didn't know what to do with it.

Honestly, it looked like some unlearning from Tice's bullshit is still happening.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mostly agree with this. But imo, Cutler did look shell shocked out there. Not sure if its still digesting the system , not trusting the OL yet, or what... but it was weird. He actually had time tonight and it looked like he didn't know what to do with it.

Honestly, it looked like some unlearning from Tice's bullshit is still happening.

I felt the same you did watching the game. I don't think he learned anything from Tice, which was a big part of the problem.

Liked Posts:
Yeah fluker is a joke. Forte looks good, cutler looks...like cutler. Loved the Shea sack :D

Clarification edit: fluker in pass pro is a joke. He's pretty darn strong in his run blocking

Yeah I was surprised so many where high on him. He has the footwork of a drunk elephant. He can runblock a bit though.

Liked Posts:
I felt the same you did watching the game. I don't think he learned anything from Tice, which was a big part of the problem.

And all of the Sacks, Qb hits & concussions he's taken for 4 seasons straight. Honestly I thought the concussion in the Texans game was quite possibly the nail that sealed the coffin for Cutlers stability in the pocket. The Suh hit was brutal, the Fairley hit in 2011, the Giants game in 2010 should have Angelo on trial for criminal negligence, the second game vs the Packers last season...etc. The list goes on & on. It's not just the sacks, the hits are just as lethal. He may be toast for all we know & that isn't his fault.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
And all of the Sacks, Qb hits & concussions he's taken for 4 seasons straight. Honestly I thought the concussion in the Texans game was quite possibly the nail that sealed the coffin for Cutlers stability in the pocket. The Suh hit was brutal, the Fairley hit in 2011, the Giants game in 2010 should have Martz on trial for criminal negligence, the second game vs the Packers last season...etc. The list goes on & on. It's not just the sacks, the hits are just as lethal. He may be toast for all we know & that isn't his fault.

Fixed.

'Hmmmm Jay has been sacked 8 times this half? Lets go another empty set and open things up a bit.'

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Cutler needs to go thru his reads! He eyes up Marshall every play! Trestman I'm sure he is on his ass about that and will see change in week... I hope