WCF Game 4 IGT Chicago Blackhawks at LA Kings 6/6/13 8:00 PM CT (Hawks lead 2-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There have been 4 actual PP coaches over the last 3 years with the 3 assistant coaches and Barry Smith. Toss in guidance from Q and I'm sure Scotty Bowman and it then falls on the players to get it done. It is a 1 man advantage, it isn't rocket science but the players aren't getting it done. Every guy out there knows what to do and how to run a powerplay, but they just aren't getting it done. Hell, almost every guy at Johnny's knows how to run an umbrella powerplay, but it comes down to getting it done.

When you don't get shots on net and traffic, is that the coaches fault? I can almost guarantee the coaches are telling them to get shots and traffic.

So we should trade the whole team for the guys at Johnny's?

Again, I find it hard to believe world class hockey players struggle mightily in the PP on their own merits.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I liked the subtle change of getting Kane/Toews back together in that second period. Things started to happen and both of those guys need to get going and start producing. Hopefully it lights a fire under their asses and gets some confidence flowing through the veins. In the regular season getting chances is great but in the playoffs those two need to produce on those chances because you only have so many lives.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
So we should trade the whole team for the guys at Johnny's?

Again, I find it hard to believe world class hockey players struggle mightily in the PP on their own merits.

Then explain to me what the coaches are doing wrong and what the players are doing right. I can certainly tell you what the players are doing wrong on the powerplay, the coaches...hard to say. It is a simple powerplay. The Blackhawks set up in an umbrella (when they can actually get the puck in or retrieve it) and then just aren't crisp with their passes, don't get enough traffic to the net, and don't get enough pucks to the net. How is that the coaches fault? It just isn't.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then explain to me what the coaches are doing wrong and what the players are doing right. I can certainly tell you what the players are doing wrong on the powerplay, the coaches...hard to say. It is a simple powerplay. The Blackhawks set up in an umbrella (when they can actually get the puck in or retrieve it) and then just aren't crisp with their passes, don't get enough traffic to the net, and don't get enough pucks to the net. How is that the coaches fault? It just isn't.

I guess Kings fans are wrong about Kompon being bad on the power play then, it was just the players fault their power play struggled.

I'm not a hockey coach, but not getting a shot on a 5 on 3 isn't just the fault of the players alone. Also, I can tell that the power play isn't working. I'm not willing to make drastic changes to the roster to fix the power play because I don't believe its necessary.

I have a feeling that if I said the players were the main reason for the lack of success on the power play, you'd tell me it was the coaching staff's fault.

So the simple solution would be just to sign the guys from Johnny's to run the power play because the Blackhawks world class players can't operate a power play.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
I guess Kings fans are wrong about Kompon being bad on the power play then, it was just the players fault their power play struggled.

I'm not a hockey coach, but not getting a shot on a 5 on 3 isn't just the fault of the players alone. Also, I can tell that the power play isn't working. I'm not willing to make drastic changes to the roster to fix the power play because I don't believe its necessary.

I have a feeling that if I said the players were the main reason for the lack of success on the power play, you'd tell me it was the coaching staff's fault.

So the simple solution would be just to sign the guys from Johnny's to run the power play because the Blackhawks world class players can't operate a power play.

:andruw:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

How is it not the players' fault? It is a 5 on 3 and they didn't get a shot. I can tell you that if they executed up by 2 men that they should have gotten plenty of shots. They didn't. Once again, they ran a low umbrella and couldn't set up a shot or passed up times when they could have shot.

The powerplay is not rocket science. The players are the reason it runs or the reason it fails. Plain and simple. There is nothing groundbreaking going on with how to run a powerplay, it is almost the same from Midgets to the show. The Blackhawks don't have a PP QB on the team which hurts them immensely. Plenty of skill but just don't have what it takes to get it done on the PP.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think the coaching staff/philosophy and the players are to be blamed equally. :shrug:

Now, let's win the 3rd period, and the game.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How is it not the players' fault? It is a 5 on 3 and they didn't get a shot. I can tell you that if they executed up by 2 men that they should have gotten plenty of shots. They didn't. Once again, they ran a low umbrella and couldn't set up a shot or passed up times when they could have shot.

The powerplay is not rocket science. The players are the reason it runs or the reason it fails. Plain and simple.

So now the players don't need coaches to run the power play either?

I said it isn't solely the player's fault the power play is successful or unsuccessful. I'm not willing to throw talented players under the bus first for not having a successful powerplay. It's the coaches job to put the right 5 out there. Not yours, mine, or the player's.

I'm not a hockey coach, but not getting a shot on a 5 on 3 isn't just the fault of the players alone.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
CUE DAT SHIT UP, HOSSA!!!!!!!

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
YEAH BABY!

[video=youtube;BKiu0DC974w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKiu0DC974w[/video]

Reactions: X

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
:yeah:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
handzus being big!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's hold on here :pray:.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe that's the goal of the PP. waste it, wait for the other team to go on a line change, and surprise them w/ a 2-v-1

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we're gonna need another one to win this thing.....

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
Quick must've squeezed a few drops there, lol.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe that's the goal of the PP. waste it, wait for the other team to go on a line change, and surprise them w/ a 2-v-1

Hey, if it works, no complaints from me :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.