We basically clinched a playoff spot

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
How the fuck can losing 3 straight be the first thing that comes to your mind after being the number 1 team in the NFL on national TV. What is it going to take for people to see we are the bears of new, not the bears of trestman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness to him, I brought up clinching a playoff berth which would have to calculate an assumption that you lost your remaining games. He isn't thinking we will lose the last 3, just that backing in would be bad. His point and my point really didn't go hand in hand with what we were both getting at.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
just a reminder, the Bears beat the #1 team in the league. woulda coulda shoulda, they held Goff to 0 touchdowns.

people are acting like Trubisky threw the game away with picks. they won and kept the Rams scoreless in the 2nd half. even after a monumental win everyone wants to bitch about everything.

Keep on keepin on there Mecha!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Go Fuck yourself. Jesus why do they allow people like you to post. You have no response to anything except calling someone at troll. God they let some real assholes post here.

[video=youtube;vxOpFjOdE7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxOpFjOdE7E[/video]
He's been really pathetic lately. His age shows.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In fairness to him, I brought up clinching a playoff berth which would have to calculate an assumption that you lost your remaining games. He isn't thinking we will lose the last 3, just that backing in would be bad. His point and my point really didn't go hand in hand with what we were both getting at.

True and I apologize for that. I didn't mean to diminish what is a feat, something we haven't done in eight years. I am happy that we are a playoff team.

I just don't want us to back into the playoffs. Teams that normally win the Superbowl tend to be the ones that peak at the right time. I think defensively we are peaking at the right time.

Someone posted that 9-7 teams have won the Superbowl. That is true. But the New York Giants, for example, won 3 of their last 4 to make the playoffs and peaked at the right time. They played their best football when it counted the most. Last year the Lions lost their last three and were blown out in the playoffs after limping in. You can see how shitty they are this year. I'm not saying we are the 2017 Lions but I don't want us to just be a rollover for teams that we should beat in the playoffs.

Plus I want to see a playoff game in Soldier Field. I want to see Seattle or Minnesota come in here and deal with this defense in the snow and cold.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
How the fuck can losing 3 straight be the first thing that comes to your mind after being the number 1 team in the NFL on national TV. What is it going to take for people to see we are the bears of new, not the bears of trestman

Did you read the OP? This thread is about making the playoffs even if we lose all 3 next games.

He’s just commenting on that, not saying we will lose.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want to be in. I don't want to lose twice to the Packers and back into the playoffs. If we drop games to both the Packers and the 49ers after what we did against LA then we won't don't deserve to be there. Sorry but you may be true about us making the playoffs but teams don't back their way in to a Superbowl.

Shut the fuck up. Just shut up. Stupid fucking troll.

WCBF - Dude, this is one time a guy is NOT trolling. wklink isn't wrong at all. It's great to clinch, but his point is we should earn it either way.

I'm pushing for the early clinch so I can get my long odds money for making the playoffs + 10.5:1 bonus for the NFCN win. Not spending it yet, but looking damn good.

Oh, and F*@# the Packers and Rodgers' stupid smug face.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Don't give me this "basically" stuff. Until they have the star next to their team name, they aren't in the playoffs.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
We kind of made our life kind of hard by not beating the Dolphins and Giants, but hey I think most people are satisfied with where we are at.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
We kind of made our life kind of hard by not beating the Dolphins and Giants, but hey I think most people are satisfied with where we are at.

I think most fans (including myself) had the Rams game penciled in as a loss, so it kind of makes up for either the Dolphins or Giants games.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Only this forum would there be people calling each other names and being negative after we beat an 11-1 team and held a team that scored 54 points 2 weeks ago to 2 field goals. You should all be ashamed of yourselves...

how ironic the guy that got the ball rolling with insults, thanked you for your post!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lighten up, Francis. The fucking Bears just beat the best team in the NFL.

Go Bears!!!

What does that make us? That's right, I'm using the one game equivalency quotient.:shibe:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Bears absolutely won't lose 3 straight. I would say they probably won't win 3 straight, but 2 is a very good bet and I would put the house on the Bears winning 1.

Only reason I don't favor the Bears to win the last 3 is because we'll likely have the division (and 3rd seed) locked by the time we play Minnesota.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just wish we'd beaten the Giants.

destiny begins

Liked Posts:

Yeah, really wanted that bye. Probably not going to happen now with the Saints winning yesterday. And unless the Rams collapse spectacularly against the crappy teams left on their schedule, we won't catch them either.

Oh well, at least the wild card round will be a home game. Then I think we should probably root for the Saints to win out. I rather take on the young Goff Rams in LA than the Saints in the superdome with veteran Brees.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Agree 100% I even got called a bitch and other names for stating that I was pissed that we were losing, and knew that game was bigger then people thought. Oh well we're sitting pretty nice! Go Seahawks!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so there's a scenario in which if the Packers win out, they have a chance to get in the playoffs if Bears beat the Vikings week 17. So if it were you, would you rather lose to Vikings and keep Rodgers out of the playoffs, or beat the Vikings and let the Packers in the playoffs.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Shut the fuck up. Just shut up. Stupid fucking troll.

wklink is not a troll, at all. He's never been remotely close to being a troll. You need to calm yourself down buddy.