We don't need an offensive line!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Once again, I wonder if the packers/vikings fans reacted like you did after 2018?

This team, once again, is loaded with talent.

Yes, their offensive line has holes, but they have competition there. It's not like they have no one. There will also be roster cuts happening soon.

I choose to judge players when they actually play for us, instead of being negative for no reason at all.

DaGrizzler

Liked Posts:
The OL is not good.

A 5th round OG has as much chance to play, if not better, than a 5th round CB.
True it wasn't good, but look at the changes made, new coaches, some FAs, and perhaps some developmental talent in Bars.

Coaches and staff have a much better picture than you do. Stop whining!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're acting like this doesn't happen to every team.

Once again, you're crying just to cry.

You went from being a good poster to being one of the biggest pessimists on this board.

You can call yourself something else, but I've seen you do nothing but bitch the last few months.

Not sure why I should be positive about?

They did not do enough to address a bad offense. If you think they did then fine, you are allowed to delude yourself.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The thought process is stupid. Why would you expect big improvement?

They didn't do anything to make actual improvements.

They brought in two former first round lineman.

The fuck?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not sure why I should be positive about?

They did not do enough to address a bad offense. If you think they did then fine, you are allowed to delude yourself.

What the fuck did you expect them to do with limited cap space and limited draft picks?

They went from having the worst TE room in franchise history to getting Jimmy Graham and the best TE in the draft.

They added the best QB for this system available in FA.

They added a speed WR to develop in the draft.

They added cap friendly former talented players on the offensive line.

Did you expect miracles?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True it wasn't good, but look at the changes made, new coaches, some FAs, and perhaps some developmental talent in Bars.

Coaches and staff have a much better picture than you do. Stop whining!

"All The Changes"

They fired a super respected OL to bring in another experienced guy, that is probably a push.

They added a couple of vet min busts.

Bars is a long shot to be anything. He could not beat out Coward who was a mess last season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They brought in two former first round lineman.

The fuck?

Both have been mediocre or awful in the NFL.

After 4 years I think that we can stop talking about where they were drafted, we know what they are.

Maybe we should sign Kevin White to add some speed to the WR core?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FWIW - mediocre is a big step up from last years' OL.

Windy & msadows are both right - just differ in the team's level of faith that they have & will address OL in ways other than how the draft fell. Low risk / moderate reward busts is one way. Post draft cap cuts are another. Re-coaching current guys is a 3rd.
Some combo of that better for the love of Halas make enough improvement that teams respect the run game again.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FWIW - mediocre is a big step up from last years' OL.

Windy & msadows are both right - just differ in the team's level of faith that they have & will address OL in ways other than how the draft fell. Low risk / moderate reward busts is one way. Post draft cap cuts are another. Re-coaching current guys is a 3rd.
Some combo of that better for the love of Halas make enough improvement that teams respect the run game again.

None of those are as good as adding better talent.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why did Prince Tega (T) drop all the way to #210? Something going on with his royal self that wasn't good.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Both have been mediocre or awful in the NFL.

After 4 years I think that we can stop talking about where they were drafted, we know what they are.

Maybe we should sign Kevin White to add some speed to the WR core?

Yes, you still talk about where they were drafted, because it shows that they had talent.

And from everything i read ifedi was decent at guard. He was terrible on the outside.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How can you say this?

Both are failed NFL players. An Unknown is better than a known failure.

Ifedi is most definitely not a “failed” player. He has 60 starts for a really good team that certainly could have replaced him during that time.

He may be a “bust” in the sense that he hasn’t played up to his draft position. But to say he’s failed is stupid. The Seahawks wouldn’t let him start 60 games if he was a failure.

msadows

Liked Posts:
FFS, one of our own oline busts went on to have a succesful career for the dallas cowboys.

It happens.

Do I expect it? No. Am I going to bitch and moan before they even play a snap? No.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ifedi is most definitely not a “failed” player. He has 60 starts for a really good team that certainly could have replaced him during that time.

He may be a “bust” in the sense that he hasn’t played up to his draft position. But to say he’s failed is stupid. The Seahawks wouldn’t let him start 60 games if he was a failure.

Windy expects a 5th rounder to come in and replace a guy who played for one of the best teams in the League for 4 years.

He was decent at RG.

All this bitching and moaning because we didn't draft a developmental RG.

Wait...we already have one. His name is alex bars.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, you still talk about where they were drafted, because it shows that they had talent.

And from everything i read ifedi was decent at guard. He was terrible on the outside.

After 4 years I think it is pretty clear what they are.

Maybe Juan Castillo and his magic OL pixie dust will do more with them than previous OL coaches did, but I tend to think the Seahawks and Packers are good organizations that did not completely bungle these guys development.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Windy you are being a whiny bitch

There was a 100% certainty we wouldnt fill all the "needs" we had with the limited draft capital:

Ol
SS
Speed wr
Cb
Edge

SS was the least of my concerns as it may be the 12th most important position on that side of the ball and there are vet fa out there we can still sign on 1 year deals

If the OL can improve to 2018 level it will be fine and I think pace has enough young depth and former high picks signed in FA to compete and I'm positive he signs a vet fa/drafts someone in the 7th or signs more udfa.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Windy expects a 5th rounder to come in and replace a guy who played for one of the best teams in the League for 4 years.

He was decent at RG.

I expect competition and development.

Ifedi is not a high bar for a guy to jump over.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FFS, one of our own oline busts went on to have a succesful career for the dallas cowboys.

It happens.

Do I expect it? No. Am I going to bitch and moan before they even play a snap? No.

I expected a more serious attempt to improve the unit. I will continue to be disappointed at their lack of action on the OL.