We should NOT be focused on QB in this draft

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Nope, this is not just clickbait. I'm seeing a lot, and I mean a lot of Bears fans losing it this year. I usually am the sit back and respond more than anything kind of poster here, but people are getting out of control. There's a definite lack of logic with a heaping pile of desperation fueling this year's Bears fans.

Look, there is only one QB that there's a chance we could get that we should give 3 first rounders for, and that's Russell Wilson. We all know that chance is paralleling that infamous scene in Dumb and Dumber, but it's there.

Look, I agree with Bucky Brooks that Mac Jones is not a first round talent. He isn't. [Edit: Please read the Alabama part as hyperbole] I think Alabama could have beaten about half of the teams in the NFL last year, including the Bears. All 22 of their starters will either be drafted this year or next, with even some off their bench getting drafted or camp invites as UDFAs. So, he needs an O line to protect him as he picks a team apart. I hear Bears fans say we should try to get him, and I'm like, with this O Line? Like, you guys think Leno is going to be able to block well enough for Mac Jones to do his thing, and then I hear, well, we need a T, and I'm like, well, you just burned our pick on a QB, like, you can't have both, and some guys are like we should trade next year's draft capital to move up for him. I'm like, this is the same Pace that moved up for Trubisky, and he was the consensus top QB that year, and, yes, hindsight is 20/20, but them's the facts.

Let's discuss this moving up to grab a QB this year. Do people realistically believe that we should trade at least 2, if not 3, first round picks to get the 4th pick in order to draft the 4th QB in this draft, most likely Fields or Jones. I'm not sure Fields is going to be better than Jayden Daniels, who I've liked since his first game as a freshman, let alone Lincoln Riley's next masterpiece in Spencer Rattler, who might be his 3rd QB to go number one overall. Yes, with Nagy calling plays and how tough our schedule is, grumbles already coming out of the locker room, and Nagy incapable of using players to their strengths, we are going to suck. I mean it. Either we limp into the playoffs, hahahahah, or we just go down like a lead zeppelin.

How bad is Nagy with personel? Miller is a weapon. They want him to be what he is not. If a catchable ball would've been thrown to Miller in space and he could just be an offensive weapon, he would've been just as successful as when I watched him play at Memphis. I digress.

Nagy couldn't develop a butterfly out of a chrysalis. And, people are thinking that we should grab a QB like Trask to develop late, let alone MIlls, in a season that barely was, when next year there will be a full season, most likely a combine, and a full house of QBs to choose from. But, after we suck so bad this year, we are going to give the top draft pick we earned to someone else after Nagy and Pace blow up so they could draft a top QB just to give us a chance!

Yup, that's right. Take a chance. That's the argument. This is the year to take a chance on a QB. The first rule of the market is to never buy high. Buy the dips. Always but the dips and let the fools rush in to the next big shiny new beanie baby stock. What's a beanie baby? It parallels the way QBs are being treated this year.

Nah man. We need to take the best available players to stock our cupboard so that when this dumpster fire of a regime is shown the door, they can take their shit and leave. Fuck them. I'm done. Now, I don't want them to take a single thing, like future draft capital, with them. Let's get some dudes on a one year deal, dump Foles, dump as much salary cap for 2022 as possible, and just ride the year out.

In all seriousness, this is not the year we should be thinking about QB, especially since, due to the potential madness, we may be able to get a top T, WR, or DB and still trade back, because some other dork wants to gamble. Nah man, let it be a smoke screen. The one thing I'm hoping is that Pace continues to ignore the mass of Bears fans clamoring for a QB and does what he does. This is the only time in his tenure that I'm happy he's ignoring your asses. Fuck Pace, Fuck Nagy, Fuck getting a QB early, Fuck offering scenarios that will cause us to give up draft picks to move up for a one year wonder who's big and can throw, and especially, Fuck Green Bay!

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Giving Nagy and Pace another year to prove themselves without a QB is a waste of another year. But Pace put themselves in that position of no QB by giving away our future for all of Trubisky's rookie contract, and for Mack that did nothing to help Trubisky have a career.

No QB because we still can't afford one and one isn't falling to us. Should've fired Nagy and Pace to let the next pair start a rebuild, because that rebuild needs to get an oline in place before getting another QB. Pace or Nagy are not going to fix anything on the offense when they haven't yet.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We're definitely drafting a QB, LOL. We signed another red headed herring.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
only way Pace isn’t desperate for a QB this draft is if he’s been extended under the table and has been assured of job security.

twetz

Liked Posts:
Some positions should get huge scrutiny every year. QB is one of those positions. I agree that Nagy would struggle coaching his way out of a paper bag - he's a 'death by a thousand paper cuts' coach. Okay, don't trade up this season, but this team won't suck bad enough to sit in a good draft position next season. Scout the heck out of the fringe QB prospects - why keep a guy like Tyler Bray around for multiple seasons when you knew from his time with the Chiefs he would never be the guy?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No college team will ever beat an NFL team. Full stop. To suggest otherwise is completely Special person.
The college all star team did beat an nfl team 9 times out of 42 games played.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Some positions should get huge scrutiny every year. QB is one of those positions. I agree that Nagy would struggle coaching his way out of a paper bag - he's a 'death by a thousand paper cuts' coach. Okay, don't trade up this season, but this team won't suck bad enough to sit in a good draft position next season. Scout the heck out of the fringe QB prospects - why keep a guy like Tyler Bray around for multiple seasons when you knew from his time with the Chiefs he would never be the guy?
Tyler Bray is hasty la bye bye.....after spending 5 seasons with the Chiefs and 2 with the Bears.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The college all star team did beat an nfl team 9 times out of 42 games played.

Im sure a pointless preseason game from a professional team playing backups in 1963 is perfectly legitimate in this argument.

twetz

Liked Posts:
Tyler Bray is hasty la bye bye.....after spending 5 seasons with the Chiefs and 2 with the Bears.
I believe he was with the Bears for three seasons, 18, 19 and 20. I'm sure he brought a lot to the QB room, like mocha lattes, double chai latte, donuts, egg sandwiches, etc.