KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Nope, this is not just clickbait. I'm seeing a lot, and I mean a lot of Bears fans losing it this year. I usually am the sit back and respond more than anything kind of poster here, but people are getting out of control. There's a definite lack of logic with a heaping pile of desperation fueling this year's Bears fans.

Look, there is only one QB that there's a chance we could get that we should give 3 first rounders for, and that's Russell Wilson. We all know that chance is paralleling that infamous scene in Dumb and Dumber, but it's there.

Look, I agree with Bucky Brooks that Mac Jones is not a first round talent. He isn't. I think Alabama could have beaten about half of the teams in the NFL last year, including the Bears. All 22 of their starters will either be drafted this year or next, with even some off their bench getting drafted or camp invites as UDFAs. So, he needs an O line to protect him as he picks a team apart. I hear Bears fans say we should try to get him, and I'm like, with this O Line? Like, you guys think Leno is going to be able to block well enough for Mac Jones to do his thing, and then I hear, well, we need a T, and I'm like, well, you just burned our pick on a QB, like, you can't have both, and some guys are like we should trade next year's draft capital to move up for him. I'm like, this is the same Pace that moved up for Trubisky, and he was the consensus top QB that year, and, yes, hindsight is 20/20, but them's the facts.

Let's discuss this moving up to grab a QB this year. Do people realistically believe that we should trade at least 2, if not 3, first round picks to get the 4th pick in order to draft the 4th QB in this draft, most likely Fields or Jones. I'm not sure Fields is going to be better than Jayden Daniels, who I've liked since his first game as a freshman, let alone Lincoln Riley's next masterpiece in Spencer Rattler, who might be his 3rd QB to go number one overall. Yes, with Nagy calling plays and how tough our schedule is, grumbles already coming out of the locker room, and Nagy incapable of using players to their strengths, we are going to suck. I mean it. Either we limp into the playoffs, hahahahah, or we just go down like a lead zeppelin.

How bad is Nagy with personel? Miller is a weapon. They want him to be what he is not. If a catchable ball would've been thrown to Miller in space and he could just be an offensive weapon, he would've been just as successful as when I watched him play at Memphis. I digress.

Nagy couldn't develop a butterfly out of a chrysalis. And, people are thinking that we should grab a QB like Trask to develop late, let alone MIlls, in a season that barely was, when next year there will be a full season, most likely a combine, and a full house of QBs to choose from. But, after we suck so bad this year, we are going to give the top draft pick we earned to someone else after Nagy and Pace blow up so they could draft a top QB just to give us a chance!

Yup, that's right. Take a chance. That's the argument. This is the year to take a chance on a QB. The first rule of the market is to never buy high. Buy the dips. Always but the dips and let the fools rush in to the next big shiny new beanie baby stock. What's a beanie baby? It parallels the way QBs are being treated this year.

Nah man. We need to take the best available players to stock our cupboard so that when this dumpster fire of a regime is shown the door, they can take their shit and leave. Fuck them. I'm done. Now, I don't want them to take a single thing, like future draft capital, with them. Let's get some dudes on a one year deal, dump Foles, dump as much salary cap for 2022 as possible, and just ride the year out.

In all seriousness, this is not the year we should be thinking about QB, especially since, due to the potential madness, we may be able to get a top T, WR, or DB and still trade back, because some other dork wants to gamble. Nah man, let it be a smoke screen. The one thing I'm hoping is that Pace continues to ignore the mass of Bears fans clamoring for a QB and does what he does. This is the only time in his tenure that I'm happy he's ignoring your asses. Fuck Pace, Fuck Nagy, Fuck getting a QB early, Fuck offering scenarios that will cause us to give up draft picks to move up for a one year wonder who's big and can throw, and especially, Fuck Green Bay!
I was your biggest supporter until you said "I think Alabama could have beaten about half of the teams in the NFL last year, including the Bears. "

Are you being serious? The worst team in the history of the NFL would have destroyed Alabama or any college team. These are professional athletes!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I was your biggest supporter until you said "I think Alabama could have beaten about half of the teams in the NFL last year, including the Bears. "

Are you being serious? The worst team in the history of the NFL would have destroyed Alabama or any college team. These are professional athletes!

Maybe too hyperbolic. I’ll own that.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think the Bears should take a chance on a QB every year until they find one.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I am not disagreeing with you. But, do you believe we should reach for one with our first round pick?

Yes. Then toss them into the fire and get him as many reps as possible. You can generally see what a QB is going to be within 1000 attempts (possibly less). There was a study done on this, but I can't find it as I heard it on a podcast last season and don't remember the author. If the QB isn't showing anything early, cut ties and get another one. Building the rest of the team is essentially pointless without a leader. The Bears history, and recent history specifically, has proven that it doesn't much matter how well they build the team without a QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They decided to pick a QB the minute Pace and Nagy were retained.

The only way for them to save their jobs is a real QB.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

I think you’re right, but, more and more, I think that qb is Darnold. They may pick up somebody later, but even the Goathouse has a run onquarter backs with Bellicheck taking Mond us getting Trask in the second!

I don’t see it as worth it this year for these quarter backs with a coach as bad as Nagy and, yeah, Pace.

I think we will get a new qb, maybe Newman, but at what cost?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No college team will ever beat an NFL team. Full stop. To suggest otherwise is completely Special person.
I stopped reading at that point, and regretted I actually made it that far.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Nope, this is not just clickbait. I'm seeing a lot, and I mean a lot of Bears fans losing it this year. I usually am the sit back and respond more than anything kind of poster here, but people are getting out of control. There's a definite lack of logic with a heaping pile of desperation fueling this year's Bears fans.

Look, there is only one QB that there's a chance we could get that we should give 3 first rounders for, and that's Russell Wilson. We all know that chance is paralleling that infamous scene in Dumb and Dumber, but it's there.

Look, I agree with Bucky Brooks that Mac Jones is not a first round talent. He isn't. I think Alabama could have beaten about half of the teams in the NFL last year, including the Bears. All 22 of their starters will either be drafted this year or next, with even some off their bench getting drafted or camp invites as UDFAs. So, he needs an O line to protect him as he picks a team apart. I hear Bears fans say we should try to get him, and I'm like, with this O Line? Like, you guys think Leno is going to be able to block well enough for Mac Jones to do his thing, and then I hear, well, we need a T, and I'm like, well, you just burned our pick on a QB, like, you can't have both, and some guys are like we should trade next year's draft capital to move up for him. I'm like, this is the same Pace that moved up for Trubisky, and he was the consensus top QB that year, and, yes, hindsight is 20/20, but them's the facts.

Let's discuss this moving up to grab a QB this year. Do people realistically believe that we should trade at least 2, if not 3, first round picks to get the 4th pick in order to draft the 4th QB in this draft, most likely Fields or Jones. I'm not sure Fields is going to be better than Jayden Daniels, who I've liked since his first game as a freshman, let alone Lincoln Riley's next masterpiece in Spencer Rattler, who might be his 3rd QB to go number one overall. Yes, with Nagy calling plays and how tough our schedule is, grumbles already coming out of the locker room, and Nagy incapable of using players to their strengths, we are going to suck. I mean it. Either we limp into the playoffs, hahahahah, or we just go down like a lead zeppelin.

How bad is Nagy with personel? Miller is a weapon. They want him to be what he is not. If a catchable ball would've been thrown to Miller in space and he could just be an offensive weapon, he would've been just as successful as when I watched him play at Memphis. I digress.

Nagy couldn't develop a butterfly out of a chrysalis. And, people are thinking that we should grab a QB like Trask to develop late, let alone MIlls, in a season that barely was, when next year there will be a full season, most likely a combine, and a full house of QBs to choose from. But, after we suck so bad this year, we are going to give the top draft pick we earned to someone else after Nagy and Pace blow up so they could draft a top QB just to give us a chance!

Yup, that's right. Take a chance. That's the argument. This is the year to take a chance on a QB. The first rule of the market is to never buy high. Buy the dips. Always but the dips and let the fools rush in to the next big shiny new beanie baby stock. What's a beanie baby? It parallels the way QBs are being treated this year.

Nah man. We need to take the best available players to stock our cupboard so that when this dumpster fire of a regime is shown the door, they can take their shit and leave. Fuck them. I'm done. Now, I don't want them to take a single thing, like future draft capital, with them. Let's get some dudes on a one year deal, dump Foles, dump as much salary cap for 2022 as possible, and just ride the year out.

In all seriousness, this is not the year we should be thinking about QB, especially since, due to the potential madness, we may be able to get a top T, WR, or DB and still trade back, because some other dork wants to gamble. Nah man, let it be a smoke screen. The one thing I'm hoping is that Pace continues to ignore the mass of Bears fans clamoring for a QB and does what he does. This is the only time in his tenure that I'm happy he's ignoring your asses. Fuck Pace, Fuck Nagy, Fuck getting a QB early, Fuck offering scenarios that will cause us to give up draft picks to move up for a one year wonder who's big and can throw, and especially, Fuck Green Bay!

If looking at what is best for the team 3+ years from now, then yes, your logic may make sense that passing on a QB is likely not the best course of action.

I would disagree with the notion that Jones is not a 1st round pick though. I think he is the 2nd/3rd best QB in this draft personally, but thats just me. Consensus is that he is one of the best 5 QBs and a fringe top 10-15 pick. But even if you disagree with that and don't see Jones or the 4th/5th QB off the board being worth picking up, you have to acknowledge that Pace & Nagy are on the hot seat.

After two 8-8 seasons, Pace & Nagy can't afford going into the year with Dalton at the helm to save their jobs. They have had the last few years to think bigger picture. Now is the time for then to focus on this year and I'm sure there id heavy pressure for them to make things right or its time to move on.

An OT may be the best choice at #20, but if a QB is there at #10 - #15 they have to make the nove.Pace definitely needs to find some key difference makers in the draft to play in 2021. He doesn't need developmental players, he needs immediate contributors to get them to the playoffs with one of the hardest upcoming schedules in the NFL.

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
Build a top-class OL. Then attract a great qb in free agency. Sell the protection as a career-lengthener. In the meantime draft qb’s in mid to late rounds in hopes of getting a Brady, Romo. To me that is the best recipe unless you have the top two picks in virtually any draft.

Geezer

Liked Posts:
JF, I think that's the best bet for this year. Draft whatever else you need first (LT, WR, DB, etc.) and then maybe a QB in the late rounds. We've got two vets to get us over the hump this year while allowing a late-round pick to develop slowly.

The "feeding frenzy" for this year's crop of QBs will diminish that for next year's. And its just that furor that drove "prices" out of sight. To have been in that crowd of QB-seekers would have cost us substantially more than was warranted - multiple 1st and 2nd round picks + valuable vets and for several years. And still no certainty of getting a "worthy" pro QB!

No, I'm glad we didn't get into that madness. Yeah, some teams will find great and good QBs in that group - and many won't.
Meanwhile, the QB drafters will most probably be out of the running for next year's crop. It's all a demand/price picture.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Some positions should get huge scrutiny every year. QB is one of those positions. I agree that Nagy would struggle coaching his way out of a paper bag - he's a 'death by a thousand paper cuts' coach. Okay, don't trade up this season, but this team won't suck bad enough to sit in a good draft position next season. Scout the heck out of the fringe QB prospects - why keep a guy like Tyler Bray around for multiple seasons when you knew from his time with the Chiefs he would never be the guy?

Because fans are idiots and believe whoever is sitting on the bench is our savior until they see them play. Bears keep these "prospects" around for so long to keep the fans having hope.

Thread sucks
threadsucks.jpg

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I think as soon as they took Dalton, drafting a QB in the first/second round was off the table.

It was either a first round QB or a QB trade they thought had the talent and ability to carry the team. People can disagree with their choice of QB, but it was always the more obvious course of action with a year to save their jobs rather than going all in on a high draft pick, where the top name prospects will already be gone.

I think we'll probably see a bunch of offensive weapons drafted with the hope that some can progress quickly and carry the team to the playoffs. Best case scenario for a young QB, is if they decide to take someone like Mills if he's still sitting there in the 3rd round - though it doesn't really benefit them if they're really on a one year prove it.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No, the Bears must draft a quarterback because !QUARTERBAKK!

Doesn't matter if it's very likely to be the wrong quarterback, a quarterback who further delays the franchise's ability to actually get a good quarterback by at least a few years. If it's QUARTERBAKK!, it's all good.

Imagine drafting a Kyle Trask or Kellen Mond in the second round (or first!), using that to sell hope to your fanbase, and then passing on better quarterbacks closer to the top of the draft next year because your hope-quarterback hasn't seen meaningful time on the field yet.

"Just do both!"

So you're suggesting to me that Ryan Pace, after drafting one quarterback in the last 7 years, is suddenly going to draft two quarterbacks in early rounds in consecutive years? Color me unconvinced.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I think anyone believing Pace needs to win this year or get his QB of the future this year to save his job is kidding themselves. He's part of the family now. He's not going anywhere. It's clear from his offseason moves that he's not desperate to win this year.

He's acting like a GM who's using this as a transition year as a set-up for going big next year and becoming an offensive team.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, the Bears must draft a quarterback because !QUARTERBAKK!

Doesn't matter if it's very likely to be the wrong quarterback, a quarterback who further delays the franchise's ability to actually get a good quarterback by at least a few years. If it's QUARTERBAKK!, it's all good.

Imagine drafting a Kyle Trask or Kellen Mond in the second round (or first!), using that to sell hope to your fanbase, and then passing on better quarterbacks closer to the top of the draft next year because your hope-quarterback hasn't seen meaningful time on the field yet.

"Just do both!"

So you're suggesting to me that Ryan Pace, after drafting one quarterback in the last 7 years, is suddenly going to draft two quarterbacks in early rounds in consecutive years? Color me unconvinced.

I remember this board bitching and moaning over not drafting Connor Cook. (This doesnt excuse Pace fucking up the QB position for the 4th time though)

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Prefacing that comment with "maybe" is far from owning the ridiculous comment.

Yeah, you're right. Sometimes things sound funnier in my head than they play on the page to people reading them.

It was hyperbolic to make a point, but it was read literally. My bad.