Week 6 IGT: Chicago Bears (2-3) @ Detroit Lions (0-5) 12:00PM CDT FOX

Who wins?

• Total voters

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is a football move required for a catch? Can anyone explain the purpose of that?

Why isn't control and 2 feet enough? Why do they have to make a football move too?

Also, since you have to make a football move with control of the ball for it to be a catch... how is it that sideline catches with toes dragging, then landing out of bounds counts as a catch? What is the football move there?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Howie and Michael thought it was a INT.

Bradshaw thought Tate caught it in the end zone so apparently it's instantly a TD once a receiver has two hands on a ball in the end zone?

No. And if that's the thought, they misapplied the rules.

If you establish possession before crossing the goal line, the ball is in essence dead the moment you cross the line, and it's a touchdown.

If you're in the end zone (or anywhere on the field, for that matter), you have to fully possess the ball before it's a catch.

I didn't see the replay, only the initial play in real time, but it looked like the refs screwed the pooch.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If he had possession crossing the goal line, nothing afterwards matters. Not so sure he established possession though.

If he "became a runner".

I can't say for sure it should not be a TD.

But I CAN say the ball was being stripped as he took his second step, and the ref said he took THREE before losing the ball. Not so.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing I don't get is all the hate for Bennett in here. The defender clearly yanked his arm away before the ball got there on that end zone throw. And that non-call was imo much worse than the questionable one at the end of the half.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Very obvious that was an interception based on the current NFL rules. Don't blame the Bears defense for allowing the Lions to go down the field on us when they came up with a big play to take it away. It's not their fault the refs are gambling.

What the hell does that last play in the end zone have to do with the defense letting them run down the field on us??

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
?

It'd be nice if the O can get the ball back.

You haven't seen Odonnell out yet, have you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they're moving the ball but we can't go 1/3 in the redzone. Need some touchdowns.

Grape

Liked Posts:
Honestly wouldn't even be surprised if the replay official had Tate in his fantasy football lineup

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The lions are the best 0-5 team that has ever graced gods green earth.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Must score possesion here

TL1961

Liked Posts:
One thing I don't get is all the hate for Bennett in here. The defender clearly yanked his arm away before the ball got there on that end zone throw. And that non-call was imo much worse than the questionable one at the end of the half.

I agree.

Also, AJ got inside the 4, and the nose of the ball was spotted at the 5. We threw the ball anyway, so it didn't matter, but what the hell do they look at?

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
If he "became a runner".

I can't say for sure it should not be a TD.

But I CAN say the ball was being stripped as he took his second step, and the ref said he took THREE before losing the ball. Not so.

If the ball is being stripped he doesn't have control.

Anyway, doesn't matter anymore (unless the ref gets fined). Nice play Cutler and Bennett.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Wow,what a play by cutty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Yup. The call sucked. But how the fuck is DET marching down the field repeatedly? No bueno.

Because, as was pointed out many times this week, the Bears defense is great this year. Don't know you know they are ranked 1st against the pass in the NFC this year ;)

Now the fact that anyone who watched the games would know otherwise should not impeded your overall judgement of this defense. I mean who would have guessed that Detroit would torch them today? ;)