Welcome, Money Mitch

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why can't accuracy and decision making be part of of "talent"?

Trubisky doesn't have as live of an arm as Cutler but he is sure as hell more accurate, makes better decisions and is more athletic - better combine and college rushing totals

That makes him more talented to me coming out of college.

Because his brain aint talent...his athletic ability was top tier as a QB...probably second or third in league as far as mobility, arm, ability to throw from odd angles.

His brain was unable to process x's and o's at full speed and allow all the talent to be on display full time. Basically Aaron Rodgers without the brain and ability to lead men

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did see that one from the blonde stat chick on NFLN, very impressive for sure. They also showed Dak at 20 - 0 and Luck at 26 - 0, I wonder if they are the only ones w/o an int?

Nice company. I'm not looking up Watson's numbers for this but I know he had at least 2 red zone picks this year. Like Modo said, it's not the end all to judge these guys on but we obviously prefer a good stat. This is just because R&S is driving the clown car again.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because his brain aint talent...his athletic ability was top tier as a QB...probably second or third in league as far as mobility, arm, ability to throw from odd angles.

His brain was unable to process x's and o's at full speed and allow all the talent to be on display full time. Basically Aaron Rodgers without the brain and ability to lead men

He was also streaky and miss fired too often. He did have some physical failings though they'd have been acceptable if he played to them.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
This is the most relevant the Bears have been since we found out that Cutler was just a guy.

I have no opinion on Trubisky or the trade, but at least the Bears are interesting again.

Reactions: Myk

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
They know what they're doing which is setting the team up for their new QB who they're getting either in trade sometime before next season is over or in free agency next season in K.Cousins. If it works out for them and they get him then it makes them look that much better for this trade. I don't care how they come out of this cause it's all about hoping Trubs is the guy we hope he'll be.

You and dweebs may have a point, but that also sounds alot like us saying "Wait for that much better QB class in 2018" a few days ago. I'll believe it when I see it as a lot can go wrong for them between now and then.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Luke, I believe Mariota was in similar company with his red zone college numbers. I know he went on a red zone Rampage in the league with God like statistics.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Awesome. Not too bad myself, Are you still a mod? How's the T-shirt biz these days?

Nope, haven't been for awhile. I was part of a vast conspiracy to overthrow CCS. Moved on from the apparel stuff and on to new things :) You still in the military, or did you get out?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We just got the biggest part of our rebuild and if he works out we're good for the next 12-15 years. Hopefully K.White can stay healthy and show us something next year and Trubisky, White, Howard become a great 3some for the next however many years.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Luke, I believe Mariota was in similar company with his red zone college numbers. I know he went on a red zone Rampage in the league with God like statistics.

just another nice name to add to the list. I don't know of any other QB stat that could better display accuracy and decision making.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You and dweebs may have a point, but that also sounds alot like us saying "Wait for that much better QB class in 2018" a few days ago. I'll believe it when I see it as a lot can go wrong for them between now and then.

I get it and agree but you already have K.Cousins saying he wants to play for K.Shanahan, the 49ers already showed they want him, he hasn't signed a new contract with the Skins still and in no way does it look like he will so i don't see how he's not in a 49ers uniform as soon as next season but definitely in 2018.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We just got the biggest part of our rebuild and if he works out we're good for the next 12-15 years. Hopefully K.White can stay healthy and show us something next year and Trubisky, White, Howard become a great 3some for the next however many years.

Let's keep the optimism to a sane level. Banking on Trubisky being a franchise QB is enough lol.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Let's keep the optimism to a sane level. Banking on Trubisky being a franchise QB is enough lol.

I'd rather just keep being one of the very few optimistic people on this board and hope things finally start working out for the Bears.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Our GM put his nuts on the table and committed to fixing the most important position in sports that has also been a black hole for the Bears.

This type of bold move is the only way the Bears are going to get out of the toilet that they are in.

We can also now fully assess Pace, no excuses he got his QB and we can see if he is any good.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Nope, haven't been for awhile. I was part of a vast conspiracy to overthrow CCS. Moved on from the apparel stuff and on to new things :) You still in the military, or did you get out?

Haha, good to here about the business move. I'm sure you'll forever cherish selling to the Neck beard. I'm out, did one rotation as a contractor for Halliburton now I'm into Machinist/toolmaker profession. Doing some gunsmithing, started as a hobby, turned into a side business.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
just another nice name to add to the list. I don't know of any other QB stat that could better display accuracy and decision making.

The active NFL quarterbacks with the most red zone passing touchdowns without an interception to start a career:
YEAR PLAYER TOUCHDOWNS
2011-13 Andy Dalton 37
2004-08 Philip Rivers 36
2012-15 Kirk Cousins 32
2015-16 Marcus Mariota 30*
* Still active
Source: Elias
Only Detroit’s Matthew Stafford, who’s in his eighth year, has done better work in the red zone since Mariota came into the league.

Mariota has a 116.3 passer rating, with 30 touchdown passes, no interceptions, a completion percentage of 65.4 and has taken just two sacks.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Our GM put his nuts on the table and committed to fixing the most important position in sports that has also been a black hole for the Bears.

This type of bold move is the only way the Bears are going to get out of the toilet that they are in.

We can also now fully assess Pace, no excuses he got his QB and we can see if he is any good.

Probably a very heavy weight lifted off Pace's shoulder as well. He can now focus on building this team around the QB position and not have the burden of continually looking for a QB.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't see it live. Got tons of texts askin wtf was going on.

Don't like the pick.
Don't like trading picks.
Do like Ryan Pace going to get what he wants.
I hate that with the 3rd pick the Bears are not going to see a immediate impact player.

I hope he can turn into the real deal. I have my doubts.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The TRUTH is, scouts and GM's from many teams who do this for a living thought Mitchell Trubisky was worthy of a top 5-10 pick.

Deshaun Watson didn't even go top 10.

At least 90% of the bitching is college player fanboyism or someone's projection didn't pan out. There was a bunch of bitching on twitter because Watson wasn't taken top 10.

A part of wants him sit and learn for a yr., another part of me wants to see a Qb competition so we can get the best guy on the field. Something we haven't done for yrs.

Bullshit. A part of you wants to push the rookie in too fast to turn him into a Grossman mental case so you can be right. I know you're not one of the pinheads who thinks all draftees are expected to start and be great so there is something else going on.

If you don't like the pick you have the same option I had if we didn't take a QB, go follow another team who better suits your ideals. You are not tied to following any certain team.