Well we all know the problem, let's talk solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
As bad as our offensive line was no one was getting open and Cutler was holding on to the ball way too long. You can't point the finger at one group after this game.

Running Game: Bad
Receivers: Bad
Offensive Line: Bad
Quarterback: Played Poorly (but I give him the benefit of the doubt because if no one can get open and no one is going to block what else can he do?)

Your righ to a point so let me just add my 2 cents to yours.

1. Running Game. If we had a desent O line we could run the ball, because they would be making holes for our back to run through.

2. Receivers didn't have time to run their routes. Why because the O line couldn't keep the defense from sacking Cutler before the play was set up and when he was being sacked he was running for his life.

3. Offensive Line, is by far the worst in the NFL. Their old and not all that good to start with and their just getting worst game after game.

4. Quarterback, Before for the game started they ask Cutler about our passing game and his answer we don't use the dump pass, we go for the big play on every play. Going for the big pass play takes time something he didn't, why because the O line couldn't keep the defense form sacking our QB.

5. Coaches didn't or wouldn't ajust the play calling to save any of our QBs. All the defense had to do is cover the short pass routes because our O line couldn't give our QBs time in the pocket to complete a deep pass.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blaming Cutler for holding on to the ball too long?

WTF did you want him to do yesterday?

:dunno:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know one of the plays you're talking about, as Collinsworth tried to point it out during the broadcast. I get the general idea behind that, but come on, the available pass was on his blind side and he had just spent the last however-many plays getting smoked by a 4-man rush with nobody getting open downfield. I understand the argument behind getting the ball downfield quickly, but that would have forced him to 1) throw the ball at receivers that don't know it's coming and/or throw into heavy coverage.

Obviously the CB (I think it was) that Cutler didn't see on his ill-fated pass to Olsen over the middle was his fault, but the rest of this you can't (or shouldn't, rather) put on Cutler. He had big angry black men putting their nuts in his grill from the opening snap.

Even though I see your point, and agree that you generally shouldn't throw balls into heavily-covered areas of the field... and especially when receivers don't know it's coming...

you should admit though, that in retrospect, the Bears didn't take enough of those chances. The offense simply wasn't getting any yardage. Interceptions would have likely come into play, but it would have been better off attempting all or nothing rather than trying to escape from the on-coming attack through the pocket...

Also, if Jay Cutler knew he was going to get hit then he would have been wise to at least draw a late hit. It's easier said than done, I know. But throwing was the best option for Cutler... and it didn't happen.

But don't get me wrong... I don't think Cutler is to blame. I don't even think he had a bad game... His line simply didn't give him protect and made life for Cutler pure chaos down there.

Sure, in retrospect, we can point out some near-miracle plays Cutler could have made. But, all-in-all... Cutler didn't deserve the criticism he received, during and after the game.

It's all on the lack-of protection.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ive been hearing various reports that Cutler got the concussion in the first quarter which is why he looked so disoriented in the 2nd quarter. I heard one instance that he was heading towards the Giants bench instead of the Bears after getting sacked.

Fakebigben

Beer Pong Champion
Liked Posts:
I also heard a report that he went home with a horse on accident instead of Kristin Cavallari ;)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Ive been hearing various reports that Cutler got the concussion in the first quarter which is why he looked so disoriented in the 2nd quarter. I heard one instance that he was heading towards the Giants bench instead of the Bears after getting sacked.

This.

I've heard this as well. I remember one of the sacks, before the CB blitz, When Cutler was on the ground for a while.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This.

I've heard this as well. I remember one of the sacks, before the CB blitz, When Cutler was on the ground for a while.

I mean granted the O-Line could not block worth a damn last night, but in the 2nd quarter something was definitely bothering Cutler and that was well before the CB blitz took place.

Either way, lets just pray that hes okay to go next game. I also pray there is something done this week to address the O-Line. I dont know how they can stop the Packers and Cowboys rushing attack, but couldnt do anything to stop an injury plagued Giants front four. I dont know if its because they know how to stop a 3-4 defense compared to a 4-3 defense or not. I have no idea.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean granted the O-Line could not block worth a damn last night, but in the 2nd quarter something was definitely bothering Cutler and that was well before the CB blitz took place.

Either way, lets just pray that hes okay to go next game. I also pray there is something done this week to address the O-Line. I dont know how they can stop the Packers and Cowboys rushing attack, but couldnt do anything to stop an injury plagued Giants front four. I dont know if its because they know how to stop a 3-4 defense compared to a 4-3 defense or not. I have no idea.

The defense looked real tired in the 2nd half. Being on the field after all those short 3 and outs on offense took a toll for the defense.

And Bradshaw made Peppers look real bad on a play..

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The defense looked real tired in the 2nd half. Being on the field after all those short 3 and outs on offense took a toll for the defense.

And Bradshaw made Peppers look real bad on a play..

Well we saw that happen in 2006 and 2007 when the offense wouldnt do anything and the defense would get tired (And then injuries would pile up) from constantly being on the field. Our defense is good, but not the great defense it was in 05 and most of 06.

If our offense keeps this up in the coming weeks, we will start to see injuries pile up.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't put much of the blame on Cutler because it looked like he was playing with a concussion for most of the first half. I don't know which hit caused the damage (I'm not sure anyone does), but he was on the sideline enough that the coaches and medical staff must've had a chance to talk to him and examine him.

When he was out there, holding on to the ball too long, not dumping it off to his 3rd options and completely unaware of what was going on around him, how could they not know something was wrong with him? Why didn't they know he was hurt until halftime?

Whether it was because of the concussion, or just because he was playing badly, they should've taken him out long before halftime. They had to know something was wrong.

Yes, the O-line was horrible, but this was clearly not the same Cutler we saw the previous two games.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't put much of the blame on Cutler because it looked like he was playing with a concussion for most of the first half. I don't know which hit caused the damage (I'm not sure anyone does), but he was on the sideline enough that the coaches and medical staff must've had a chance to talk to him and examine him.

When he was out there, holding on to the ball too long, not dumping it off to his 3rd options and completely unaware of what was going on around him, how could they not know something was wrong with him? Why didn't they know he was hurt until halftime?

Whether it was because of the concussion, or just because he was playing badly, they should've taken him out long before halftime. They had to know something was wrong.

Yes, the O-line was horrible, but this was clearly not the same Cutler we saw the previous two games.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Cutler got hurt on the Aaron Ross sack on one of the last Bears offensive lays of the first half.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cutler got hurt on the Aaron Ross sack on one of the last Bears offensive lays of the first half.

There's alot of speculation it happened well before that sack.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
To tell the truth I rather our OL do what the Packers did against Peppers, Suh and Vanderbosh. Start holding if you think your man will beat you. At least show the defense you won't just lie downand let them eat Cutler up. We have 7 picks in the draft and four will need to be used to address this horrendous line. Cutler couldn't throw to anyone because every giant was in coverage at the time. If a four man Rush can beat you then the game is over

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well we saw that happen in 2006 and 2007 when the offense wouldnt do anything and the defense would get tired (And then injuries would pile up) from constantly being on the field. Our defense is good, but not the great defense it was in 05 and most of 06.

If our offense keeps this up in the coming weeks, we will start to see injuries pile up.
The 2004 defense was better than the 2006 version IMO. It's just that the 2004 offense was so bad no one noticed.

There's alot of speculation it happened well before that sack.
There was also a lot of speculation Lebron was going to be a Bull.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The 2004 defense was better than the 2006 version IMO. It's just that the 2004 offense was so bad no one noticed.

I dunno, that 2006 defense was dominant until they lost Mike Brown and then Tommie Harris later down the road. But maybe the 2004 defense is better if they had an offense that year as I dont think they had any major injury to the D that year.

There was also a lot of speculation Lebron was going to be a Bull.

My point was, until someone from the Bears tells us exactly when it happened, we dont know when it happened exactly right now.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dunno, that 2006 defense was dominant until they lost Mike Brown and then Tommie Harris later down the road. But maybe the 2004 defense is better if they had an offense that year as I dont think they had any major injury to the D that year.
Urlacher.
2004 though Harris and Brown were healthy the entire season Briggs was a beast. I mean outside of a hiccup against the Colts that team was nuts. They won a game in overtime at Tennessee on a safety.

My point was, until someone from the Bears tells us exactly when it happened, we dont know when it happened exactly right now.
The Bears did tell us today.......

Smith said Cutler showed symptoms of a concussion after the final sack late in the first half,

Smith said they weren't for sure when he suffered it but they didn't notice symptoms until after the last sack.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was obvious it was that hit. I thought it might have been earlier in the game, but after watching his head hit a couple times again, i realized it was that hit.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Urlacher.
2004 though Harris and Brown were healthy the entire season Briggs was a beast. I mean outside of a hiccup against the Colts that team was nuts. They won a game in overtime at Tennessee on a safety.

Lol..totally forgot about that. Yeah the Bears defense scored 47 points that year. The offense scored 177 points. So the defense had a good chuck of the scoring that year lol.

The Bears did tell us today.......

Smith said they weren't for sure when he suffered it but they didn't notice symptoms until after the last sack.

See I actually think he suffered it earlier..or had some kind a shell shock before that last sack of the first half. Thats just what I think though. I mean its obvious the Bears didnt notice until the end of the half, otherwise I couldnt see them putting Jay back out there due to strict NFL guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.