Well we all know the problem, let's talk solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cutler played bad, plain and simple. Martz appeared "stubborn" to change because the deep ball that the Bears got off in the Dallas game made the Cowboys relax their rush...the problem was the the Giants weren't blitzing.

As I've said since week 1, as well as several of you, too, the WR's aren't good. They're speedy, and that helps...but you gotta know how to run a route and get open, and ours don't. That, plus a piss-poor OL, plus Cutler getting hit hard early and often, plus no running game = perfect storm of bad.

But on the bright side, the Bears are still 3-1...still on top of the division. Right now, gotta focus on getting Cutler healthy, and winning against the Panthers next week.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was obvious it was that hit. I thought it might have been earlier in the game, but after watching his head hit a couple times again, i realized it was that hit.

See I actually think he suffered it earlier..or had some kind a shell shock before that last sack of the first half. Thats just what I think though. I mean its obvious the Bears didnt notice until the end of the half, otherwise I couldnt see them putting Jay back out there due to strict NFL guidelines.
Honestly...I think anyone trying to say it happened earlier is just trying to excuse a bad game by Cutler. Look, Jay has had bad games before. He was getting murdered/pressured back there on every play...much worse than we had seen this year yet and last year as well. We have seen Jay have bad games..but even still Cutler completed quite a bit of his passes and had the one bad throw to Olsen.

Even as bad as Jay looked getting sacked and as bad a choice it was to throw that ball to Olsen he didn't suck. He was just getting pummeled. He completed 8 of the 11 passes he threw for 1 interception. One of those incompletions was him chucking it into the sideline of the Giants while being chased.

Cutler looking "indecisive" I think had more to do with the Ginats being able oto drop 7 guys into zone coverage across the field because they were getting pressure with their front 4. Add into that the Bears not having as many guys out in routes because they started going to more max protect looks and the Bears were basically having 2-3 WR's running routes against 7 LB's and DB's. I just don't really think there were many places to throw the ball. I don't think it was Cutler being indecisive. i think it was him taking the sack rather than the INT.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Perhaps. Though reading into it, it was more so looking like Cutler was being indecisive with perhaps him being weary of the oncoming pressure. As fans though, I really wish we had an option to have an camera angle that looked down the field so we could see what was going on down the field with the WRs.

As Barry Rozner from the Daily Herald said:

In fairness to the offensive line, when the Bears got Cutler in exchange for Kyle Orton who leads the NFL in passing yards despite getting hit frequently playing behind the NFL's least experienced offensive line it was well known that Cutler tends to eye a receiver, unwilling on occasion to go through his progressions and search for an open target.

For all his immense talent, he sometimes holds the ball too long, creating sacks, fumbles and interceptions.

He was guilty of that Sunday.

On the Bears' second series, Cutler was slow getting the ball to Earl Bennett on a second-and-19 from the Bears' 41 that went for 9 yards, but it would have been a huge gainer had the ball been delivered sooner.

On the next play Cutler badly underthrew Devin Hester on a deep throw down the right side that should have been a touchdown and instead went incomplete.

Of course, by then he'd already been sacked a couple of times and could have been woozy.
Daily Herald | Bears clueless or just careless?

Rozner isnt just blaming Cutler though...blames the coaching staff a large deal more than Cutler.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Perhaps. Though reading into it, it was more so looking like Cutler was being indecisive with perhaps him being weary of the oncoming pressure. As fans though, I really wish we had an option to have an camera angle that looked down the field so we could see what was going on down the field with the WRs.

As Barry Rozner from the Daily Herald said:

Daily Herald | Bears clueless or just careless?

Rozner isnt just blaming Cutler though...blames the coaching staff a large deal more than Cutler.

Rozner's article makes no sense at times.

The guy was roasting Cutler last year for being too decisive and forcing balls into coverage. This year Cutler goes 8/11 and gets killed behind the line and misses two throws and Cutler is too indecisive.

Nice knee jerk reaction Barry.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rozner's article makes no sense at times.

The guy was roasting Cutler last year for being too decisive and forcing balls into coverage. This year Cutler goes 8/11 and gets killed behind the line and misses two throws and Cutler is too indecisive.

Nice knee jerk reaction Barry.

Isnt that how all sports columnist are pretty much?

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
As probably already mentioned, the solution isn't going to come this year. Didn't the Bears try every fucking piece of garbage lineman they had against the Giants on Monday? The only thing out there available is more garbage. The Bears are stuck with these tools and a prayer.

*another add-nothing to conversation post by yours truly. :D

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This is incredibly frustrating.

The whole league is wide open this year. Not a single dominant team, on either side of the conference. If there was ever a year for the Bears to put it all together and run to the Super Bowl, this is it.

We're 4-2, and I have no freaking confidence that we can do anything because our OLine has no football IQ.

There's no communication, there's no skill, there's nothing but five guys serving as pylons for defenses to run around on their way to our QB.

THIS COULD BE A GREAT TEAM IF WE HAD A FREAKING OLINE. Instead, it could struggle just to make the playoffs.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is incredibly frustrating.

The whole league is wide open this year. Not a single dominant team, on either side of the conference. If there was ever a year for the Bears to put it all together and run to the Super Bowl, this is it.

We're 4-2, and I have no freaking confidence that we can do anything because our OLine has no football IQ.

There's no communication, there's no skill, there's nothing but five guys serving as pylons for defenses to run around on their way to our QB.

THIS COULD BE A GREAT TEAM IF WE HAD A FREAKING OLINE. Instead, it could struggle just to make the playoffs.
Even if the Bears had a half-decent O-Line that could give Cutler even a little more time, the WRs still run the wrong routes and Martz thinks it's Madden and he wants to throw it deep every play. Also, the Bears CBs are terrible, Chris Harris has nowhere near the range to play FS and they need Major Wright healthy and starting, and the pass rush disappears way too often and teams can just dump the ball off and get big chunks of yardage.

The Bears also can't convert on 3rd down

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Even if the Bears had a half-decent O-Line that could give Cutler even a little more time, the WRs still run the wrong routes and Martz thinks it's Madden and he wants to throw it deep every play. Also, the Bears CBs are terrible, Chris Harris has nowhere near the range to play FS and they need Major Wright healthy and starting, and the pass rush disappears way too often and teams can just dump the ball off and get big chunks of yardage.

The Bears also can't convert on 3rd down

Well having a great Oline would be the biggest factor to helping convert on 3rd downs. The D is still strong despite it's lack of big plays but not having Briggs was a huge loss and will be for any game. Harris is done for sure and should be let go he is more worthless than he was the past 3 years somehow now he does nothing against the run or pass even though he is "healthier"

To what Firsttimer was saying back then, it's likely true Cutler was concussed before he was pulled in that game, not an excuse. He shouldn't be out there when things are looking foggy to him.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Here is my answer.

The Bear may not want to pay Mankins what he wants, but I am sure there is and has been a few good O line that we could have traded a couple our players that aren't being use. A few names that come to mind off the top are Tommis Harris, Greg Olsen, Kahlil Bell, Desmond Clark and Kellen Davis. You can't tell me we couldn't make some sweet trades for a couple of good O linemen for some of these guys and maybe pick up a draft pick or so along the way.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here is my answer.

The Bear may not want to pay Mankins what he wants, but I am sure there is and has been a few good O line that we could have traded a couple our players that aren't being use. A few names that come to mind off the top are Tommis Harris, Greg Olsen, Kahlil Bell, Desmond Clark and Kellen Davis. You can't tell me we couldn't make some sweet trades for a couple of good O linemen for some of these guys and maybe pick up a draft pick or so along the way.

idk how much it would help, though. I mean, I'm all for trading Tommie + 4th rounder for Mankins, but that just helps one side of the OL...we almost need to make 2 trades...just for the OL to be average...

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is my answer.

The Bear may not want to pay Mankins what he wants, but I am sure there is and has been a few good O line that we could have traded a couple our players that aren't being use. A few names that come to mind off the top are Tommie Harris, Greg Olsen, Kahlil Bell, Desmond Clark and Kellen Davis. You can't tell me we couldn't make some sweet trades for a couple of good O linemen for some of these guys and maybe pick up a draft pick or so along the way.
All 3 have relatively low to no trade value. The highest a team wanted to give up for Olsen was a 6th and I doubt Tommie fetches more than that.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
idk how much it would help, though. I mean, I'm all for trading Tommie + 4th rounder for Mankins, but that just helps one side of the OL...we almost need to make 2 trades...just for the OL to be average...

I agree 100% and 2 may not be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.