Wellp, looks like we're gonna have to beat the packers straight up next week

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Division rivals are a unique threat, you cant let them in the playoffs.

I personally agree with you, but not sure that's the general consensus in the league. I still remember when Bears lost to the Packers in week 17 of the 2010 season. Packers would have been eliminated from making the playoffs had the Bears won. Packers win week 17, then they meet the Bears in NFC championship and win again. Then of course the Packers win the Superbowl

Just imagine if the Packers never won that superbowl and the disappointment of the Packers fan base that Rodgers never won a superbowl.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
I personally agree with you, but not sure that's the general consensus in the league. I still remember when Bears lost to the Packers in week 17 of the 2010 season. Packers would have been eliminated from making the playoffs had the Bears won. Packers win week 17, then they meet the Bears in NFC championship and win again. Then of course the Packers win the Superbike.

Just imagine if the Packers never won that superbowk and the disappointment of the Packers fan base that Rodgers never won a superbowl.

Be fine if we would have gotten the 2014 SB instead.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah that's pure meatball talk. Rivalries aren't what they once were. They rather not lose their jobs over what is on paper, a meaningless game. Or was a meaningless game I should say.
Hm on one side I have basically every coach or player who has ever played in the league saying rivalries do matter and on the other side some guy on the internet who has no idea what he's talking about says they dont.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Keeping a division rival out of the playoffs is not pointless.

No reason to rest players before a bye week.

yep you don't want to play the same team 3 times. Packers would have gone all in regardless

Mitch 34
Packers 23

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, I'm sure risking an injury matters to keep a team you could handle easily out of the playoffs. lol
Dont you know Rogers is super scared of the bears... lol

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im good with it. Id rather lose straight up than win against their backups. Its not like were going to the Superbowl anyways. Lets just hope the Rame beat the Cards next week.
Also, heres to hoping somebody removes Rodgers stupid head from his stupid body....Go Bears!
Goff is injured and might not play next week vs the Cards

46plank

Liked Posts:
Pagano’s defense will get shredded by Rodgers. Anyone who thinks the Bears will even be in this game is delusional.
Packers 38
Bears 20

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cris Collinsworth is annoying talking up Aaron Rodgers. I love how on the penalty that gave the Packers a first down after a 3rd and 10 stop, the defender got called for hands in the face while the Packers offensive lineman has a handful of jersey the whole time.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Cris Collinsworth is annoying talking up Aaron Rodgers. I love how on the penalty that gave the Packers a first down after a 3rd and 10 stop, the defender got called for hands in the face while the Packers offensive lineman has a handful of jersey the whole time.

You can grab between the numbers once you are already engaged.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Hm on one side I have basically every coach or player who has ever played in the league saying rivalries do matter and on the other side some guy on the internet who has no idea what he's talking about says they dont.
Reading comprehension clearly is not your strong suit, in fact I'd suggest it's your weakness. Nowhere did I ever say rivalries did not matter. Let me help you out a bit with my post though.

1) Rivalries are not what they once were

This does not mean rivalries do not matter, but they certainly use to be a lot more fierce.

2) They rather not lose their jobs over what is on paper, a meaningless game. Or was a meaningless game I should say.

Again, this does not indicate that rivalries do not matter anymore. It is simply stating that priority goes to having players healthy for games that count in their bid to win the Superbowl.

Hopefully that two digit IQ of yours was better able to process what I had to post now.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
am i watching ryan tannehill or jay cutler?
This is an ass-whoopin. But honestly if the NFL started properly calling holding, the Packers would be in real trouble. If I were an outside linebacker and defensive lineman who played them regularly I'd take aikido and everytime they grabbed onto my jersey I'd try to break their wrists knocking their hands off. If it actually broke their wrists, oh well... stop cheating and it wouldn't happen.