What about this?

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
[quote name="DBQHawkFan"]

My choice would be Modano. Not that I like old horse teeth, but he has had a good career.[/quote]

Regarding the second topic of this thread--greatest ever, hard to argue with Chelly's longevity, but I saw Brian Leetch play live a few times and he was a better D-man, IMO. His burst of speed was Bobby Orr-like. Pat Lafontaine was a helluva player--had 145 points one year and only concussion problems stopped him early. Mike Richter was a helluva a goalie too. Hard to compare across positions.

But anyway back to the topic of the thread...Chelly. Seriously I would not mind him mentoring in Rockford but I would be careful--his attitude toward the Hawks makes me wonder these days.

Here's why I say that: before last season detoilet kicked Chelly to the curb people here in Michigan made classless remarks about him. He should have had no "responsibility" there anymore.

This spring on the evening of game 1 of the Cup Finals I saw a Detroit Tiger's game on TV...it began like an hour before the Hawks game. There sits Chelly with Kid Rock in the stands. I'm thinking--geez...here's this guy who supposedly grew up a Hawks fan and he does not even care to watch them in the Cup Finals over a freaking regular season Tigers game? He was not in a suite where he could watch both...he was out in the box seats like he could give a crap about the hockey game.

Chelly as a mentor? OK...as long as someone talks to him a while to make sure he's WITH US!

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty awful that a Chicago 'boy' would go work for the rivals. Fuck Chelios.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="roshinaya"]... Fuck Chelios.[/quote]

This.

[quote name="roshinaya"]Pretty awful that a Chicago 'boy' would go work for the rivals. Fuck Chelios.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he spoke with the Hawks and they had nothing for him.

That said he was still a great NHL player.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

I'm pretty sure he spoke with the Hawks and they had nothing for him.

That said he was still a great NHL player.[/quote]

I agree there. He was a great player. He was for sure an elder statemen on the blue line and he knew it.