dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If it was ridiculous, I wouldn't have been able to point to a Carroll quote that verifies it. Of course, we can listen to him, who was actually involved in it, or to guys like you who make up your own fictitious narratives and think college QB talent can't be assessed and it's all just blind luck.

The list of QB's i can make that went in the 1st round and were busts would be way too long for me to even bother naming them all. If those GM's didn't think they were gonna be starting QB's in the NFL then they wouldn't of drafted them in the 1st round and then the list of QB's that went late in the 1st round or in every other round isn't as long as the bust list but long enough and if any GM of any team thought they'd be starting QB's in the NFL they would of gone in the top 5 picks at the very least. QB is the most important position in sports and teams are drooling to get the next one even the ones that already have a veteran on their team that's in his last years of his career.

There's no fiction to that, just reality.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I know all the quotes but please explain why they didn’t select Wilson with their 1st pick though? He’s more important than any player they’ve drafted in probably their history. If they knew all that in advance they would have sold the farm to get him. They wouldn’t have taken Bruce Irvin over him. ??? Your Argument is giving me a headache because it’s reallly stupid. I’m sure the GM was in love with Wilson but they fall in love with a lot of people they don’t draft. Like I said. If they knew for sure he would be a franchise QB they would never let him sit 3 rounds

Anyone that doesn't understand that has serious issues. As you said i'm sure the GM did like him but he didn't know he would be this good and neither did any other GM in the NFL or he would of gone in the top few picks of the 1st round if not the very 1st pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you want to believe words that are spit out a couple of days after the season, then okay. The other needs are worthless without fixing the QB position.

I'm sure Pace will be checking in on any upgrade he can with any vet QB that's out there but he'll just make sure he does it as quietly as possible. If he can get one he really believes can come right in and win with this team then he'll do what he can to get that QB but with limited resources it will be hard to outbid any other team that might be going after that same QB. He's in a sketchy position with all the other needs we have and like i said with limited cap space and draft picks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah 5th pick in the 4th round. Problem is bears don't have a 4th rounder though. I don't think they have a fifth either.

They do have two 5th's and should be getting a 4th but it will be a comp pick so after the 1st 32 picks of the 4th round.