What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Just finished the main story on God of War. A+. Not sure what I'm gonna play next. I've got a ton of options.

Did you fight the Valkyries? That's not the main story, but it's probably the most challenging quest in the game.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Did you fight the Valkyries? That's not the main story, but it's probably the most challenging quest in the game.
Not yet. I tried once earlier on and got absolutely destroyed. Might go back now and try again with better stats, armor, etc.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Not yet. I tried once earlier on and got absolutely destroyed. Might go back now and try again with better stats, armor, etc.

The final one is, by far, the toughest boss in the game. IIRC, you can't max out your weapons without defeating them. The last one might be excluded on that, it's been a while since I played it. I got so many games that I rarely have time to play the ones I like twice.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The final one is, by far, the toughest boss in the game. IIRC, you can't max out your weapons without defeating them. The last one might be excluded on that, it's been a while since I played it. I got so many games that I rarely have time to play the ones I like twice.
Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at. Tons more stuff to do in GoW, but I have a huge backlog of stuff to play. I might revisit Horizon Zero Dawn. Got maybe halfway through that and stopped playing games for like a year because no time.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at. Tons more stuff to do in GoW, but I have a huge backlog of stuff to play. I might revisit Horizon Zero Dawn. Got maybe halfway through that and stopped playing games for like a year because no time.

I haven't played that yet. I haven't played The Witcher 3 either. I've been doing my best to avoid open world games. And there's more coming out. It sucks being an adult and not having time for games lol.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I haven't played that yet. I haven't played The Witcher 3 either. I've been doing my best to avoid open world games. And there's more coming out. It sucks being an adult and not having time for games lol.
Lol. I definitely get it. I've had Witcher 3 for well over a year. Still wrapped in plastic.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lol. I definitely get it. I've had Witcher 3 for well over a year. Still wrapped in plastic.

I always install the game when I get it. Saves me time when I actually want to play.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I always install the game when I get it. Saves me time when I actually want to play.
I didn't have an external for the longest time. So I was always trying to save space. I have a whole stack of stuff I've been meaning to install, just haven't got around to it yet.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Same here, except I starting playing when I got it and just couldn't get pulled in by it. I didn't like the combat system and the story wasn't so great either. I didn't give it a real long try though. Having fun in RDR 2 story mode for now.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I just beat my first Valkyrie. She was in the area where you get a piece of the chisel that opens up the magic doors. She’s harder than any boss that I’ve fought so far

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I just beat my first Valkyrie. She was in the area where you get a piece of the chisel that opens up the magic doors. She’s harder than any boss that I’ve fought so far

It gets much, much, much harder.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I didn't have an external for the longest time. So I was always trying to save space. I have a whole stack of stuff I've been meaning to install, just haven't got around to it yet.

Same. I hope I can transfer this 8TB to the PS5 when it comes out.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
PS4 peeps on CCS, help me pick my next game. I have limited time, so I want whatever I play next to be a good one. I own all of these and have either not played / or barely played:

- Bloodbourne
- Wicher 3
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Spiderman
- Metal Gear V
- Bioshock Collection
- Numerous Assassins Creed Games
- Resident Evil 7 (have PSVR)
- Arkham Night
(also a bunch of other stuff, but these are what I narrowed down the "next up" list down to)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Right now I'm leaning towards Horizon Zero Dawn or Bloodbourne.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
PS4 peeps on CCS, help me pick my next game. I have limited time, so I want whatever I play next to be a good one. I own all of these and have either not played / or barely played:

- Bloodbourne
- Wicher 3
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Spiderman
- Metal Gear V
- Bioshock Collection
- Arkham Night
(also a bunch of other stuff, but these are what I narrowed down the "next up" list down to)
I beat god of war by accident not finishing all the side missions. So I’m either going to go through it and finish the side stuff or Witcher 3 since I finished the books. Might look up Witcher one and two YouTube videos to catch the story before starting 3
Are these like your kids games that you’re getting into or you just buy and never get a chance to get into them lol

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I beat god of war by accident not finishing all the side missions. So I’m either going to go through it and finish the side stuff or Witcher 3 since I finished the books. Might look up Witcher one and two YouTube videos to catch the story before starting 3
Are these like your kids games that you’re getting into or you just buy and never get a chance to get into them lol
A little bit of both, but mostly the latter. Lol.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

- Bloodbourne
- Wicher 3
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Spiderman
- Metal Gear V
- Bioshock Collection
- Arkham Night

Lol, I have all those and also haven't played them. Except Arkham knight. That was the reason I bought a ps4. It was solid. Not as good as Arkham city though.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So I was able to beat 3 out of 4 Valkyrie in milfgard but the one in the mountain is just too hard. I skipped it and going through alfheim to see everything I missed

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so... I beat the game, tried against a valkyrie and said 'fuck this, life is too short'. What happens if you beat them?