What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would still say LoL, Dota2 and CSGO garner more attention on Twitch.

There is one thing I am jealous of with regard to Overwatch. The fact they issue hardware bans to cheaters.

CSGO hasn't had more viwership than OW since OWs release..

LoL and Dota, of course.. but they're mostly Asians and in an entirely different genre, so who cares?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So my first impressions of DE Mankind Divided are that I am going to love this game. Pretty wide open story and there is a clear difference between solving the objectives via stealth vs just shoot em up. In a lot of games that have those options, I find one to be better or worse than the other but in this game the balance is there.

Right now playing more as a non-lethal type but at any given time, I'm liable to shank the fuck outta somebody with my nanoblade.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So my first impressions of DE Mankind Divided are that I am going to love this game. Pretty wide open story and there is a clear difference between solving the objectives via stealth vs just shoot em up. In a lot of games that have those options, I find one to be better or worse than the other but in this game the balance is there.

Right now playing more as a non-lethal type but at any given time, I'm liable to shank the fuck outta somebody with my nanoblade.

I find non-lethal stealth is always the easier route for me.... not sure why but I find combat in Deus Ex to be clumsy for me.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't get me wrong. Overwatch is well on path to becoming one of the top games period. Just because I don't like it doesn't change that.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People say its fun to play but its not even remotely interesting to me. The part that is completely Special person though is that they are trying like hell to make it into an e-sport that draws viewership. I say its Special person because no matter how fun it may be to play, its supremely boring to watch and nearly impossible to understand or follow as a spectator when you haven't played it to understand what the hell is going on.

lol, you sound like such an old fuck

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I find non-lethal stealth is always the easier route for me.... not sure why but I find combat in Deus Ex to be clumsy for me.

Yeah I pretty much go stealth unless I just want to shank someone outta spite. I got this bad ass Aug that just emps people and electronics from afar.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol, you sound like such an old fuck

Well in gamer years I am already considered an old fuck at 32. I play a game that is dominated by teens and pre-teens. Whenever they figure out I am 32 they start calling me Dad. Its hilarious. Doesn't bother me any because most of the time I can shit on these kids purely based on skill even if they have better reaction times than me.

Last edited:

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Anybody else played Nioh?

I've played the Alpha demo build on PS4 two months ago and it was pretty good, last Tuesday they released a beta demo and it's excellent. It's basically a samurai Dark Souls but with combo's (customizable combos!) and move lists. It's made by Team Ninja, the Ninja Gaiden devs, and so far it's very very good. The Alpha had 4 hours of content and it looks like the beta is just as long. I think the beta is only available until September 6th so if it sounds interesting make sure to give it a shot by then.

It's a day one buy for me...

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Just picked up divinity original sin enhanced edition and started it up just to get a feel for it before going to bed. i didnt get past the character creation screen. its overwhelming with so many classes and so many skills, i dont even know where to begin.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I been playing Battlefleet Gothic Armada.... it is a space combat game in the Warhammer 40k universe.... it was on a Steam sale and I checked reviews and they were all pretty positive so I gave it a shot.

I am enjoying it.... but I am a Warhammer 40k fanboy, so that tints my glasses.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Starting this weekend: NBA 2k17 :elephant:

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I typically wait about a year after a game comes out before I buy it, that way I get a fully-patched version plus all the DLC at a steep discount, because I'm cheap like that. Still playing through Dragon Age: Inquisition and just started Pillars of Eternity. Picked up XCOM 2 and the Witcher 3 on Steam Sale a while back, so those are up next. Might have to break my own rule when Mass Effect Andromeda comes out, however. Probably my favorite series ever.

AussieBear

havent played baldurs gate forever now... just got the enhanced edition because its a rest day and im bored not doing anything.....i vaguely remember any of the game, its been 15+ years since i played the first one. i know i never finished the 2nd one. ill probably will get some recall once i start playing.. hopefully this sunday sit down doesnt ruin all my goals for next week..

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Picked up Witcher 3 Complete on PS4 a little over a week ago and god damn. Game is fucking huge and I'm still only Lv. 14 in Velen. I know you guys have talked about this game a ton in the past but everything said was warranted.

At first I felt like the combat was pretty crummy, and when compared to Bloodborne or Dark Souls it is but I've found a way to enjoy it. I ignored Gwent for the first 12 hours and then dived in and it's safe to say I've stopped avoiding it....

I know everyone plays their own way when it comes to being a completionist, but with a wife and two year old I'm completely overwhelmed, almost to the point of anxiety lmao. Did you guys hit every question mark? I've cleared out White Orchard but looking at Velen... Jesus. And then entering Novigrad the first time. Wow. I haven't even gotten into using potions or oils yet.

I totally get how this was game of the year 2015. What an achievement. These devs are insane! I do hope Cyberpunk has better combat tho, that's my only tiny complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Picked up Witcher 3 Complete on PS4 a little over a week ago and god damn. Game is fucking huge and I'm still only Lv. 14 in Velen. I know you guys have talked about this game a ton in the past but everything said was warranted.

At first I felt like the combat was pretty crummy, and when compared to Bloodborne or Dark Souls it is but I've found a way to enjoy it. I ignored Gwent for the first 12 hours and then dived in and it's safe to say I've stopped avoiding it....

I know everyone plays their own way when it comes to being a completionist, but with a wife and two year old I'm completely overwhelmed, almost to the point of anxiety lmao. Did you guys hit every question mark? I've cleared out White Orchard but looking at Velen... Jesus. And then entering Novigrad the first time. Wow. I haven't even gotten into using potions or oils yet.

I totally get how this was game of the year 2015. What an achievement. These devs are insane! I do hope Cyberpunk has better combat tho, that's my only tiny complaint.

fuck gwent. lol i really dont care for mini games in rpgs.

...and no gwent dungeon can old me!

anyway, i hit every question mark until i reached the last location when they had become a major drag. From that point on id just hit ones that were on my way to wherever i was heading already.

It is a great game, and the way it achieves its greatness is very subtle. it doesnt reinvent the genre and the story is overall rather meh, but despite the fact that its actually quiet repetitive and on paper suffers the same flaws that drag lesser games down, the way the game was executed, the way the game is presented, the characters, writing, etc. all come together to elevate it above other examples of the genre. My only real complaints would be the questions marks being mindless filler, the lack of legit dungeons, and exploration could have been better in that theres very little to discover that isnt connected to a quest. but like i said, none of that drags the game down.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
fuck gwent. lol i really dont care for mini games in rpgs.

...and no gwent dungeon can old me!

anyway, i hit every question mark until i reached the last location when they had become a major drag. From that point on id just hit ones that were on my way to wherever i was heading already.

It is a great game, and the way it achieves its greatness is very subtle. it doesnt reinvent the genre and the story is overall rather meh, but despite the fact that its actually quiet repetitive and on paper suffers the same flaws that drag lesser games down, the way the game was executed, the way the game is presented, the characters, writing, etc. all come together to elevate it above other examples of the genre. My only real complaints would be the questions marks being mindless filler, the lack of legit dungeons, and exploration could have been better in that theres very little to discover that isnt connected to a quest. but like i said, none of that drags the game down.

:troll:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah I'd only hit questions marks to the extent they are on your way or connected to a quest. Otherwise, the best thing to do is maybe look online for the locations of places of power as they give you an extra ability point. Otherwise, you will always end up getting better gear by simply downing the various quests and the scavenger hunts for Witcher Gear.

There is more than enough hours if you just do every main and side question as well as all the Witcher contracts. The Witcher contracts in particular are important if you do an alchemy build as they provide you with the ingredients you need to make decoctions and a few of them are tied to achievements.

The Blood and Wine expansion also was pretty good storywise and gives you the best gear but you need to be a really high level. I'd end by saying if you really love the story and characters and are looking for a good fantasy series to read, the books from which the game is based are pretty good and really delve into all the backstory of the characters which makes playing the games a lot more enjoyable.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So picked up the Destiny expansion yesterday and so far it's decent. For the life of me, I don't know why I keep playing as the game is hella repetitive, the storyline is lacking, and it becomes a grind with 3 characters but there is just something about the simplicity of the gameplay and the teamwork required to do the raids and such that make it enjoyable despite its many flaws.