What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the witness, damn it!

solve this puzzle!

TheWitness_puzzles.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm mostly playing Neverwinter right now, it's a F2P with heavy handed nickel and dimeing you but it's got a lot of great content because they just brought it to PS4 after years on PC and I think at least a year or so on Xbone. I have two characters and they play extremely different so that's nice depending on what I"m in the mood for. I'll probably just play them both out through the content then see if I get bored grinding the quests for the other stuff.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How is it, I saw several pretty solid reviews of it that said it was great because it was innovative.

it is great but maddening as hell. waiting for urlock to delete this post.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am just doing my job here. If you want to take it to the next level, we can do that, but it won't end well for you. *pets self*

bit weird innit?

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
World of Final Fantasy is cute as fuck (in a bad way) but it is damn good turn based JRPG fun.

It's Final Fantasy fan service meets Pokémon, in the beginning you even choose between one of three summons. the summon you choose has 4 different evolutions, lots of depth it looks like. You throw out (poke)balls to catch iconic monsters/enemies from the Final Fantasy games to build a team, which stack on the heads of the two main characters.

I've played for three hours and tweaked the battle system to fast active and its surprisingly challenging. Can't wait to play more.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I just recently bought Battlefield 1. I haven't played a FPS in years, and man am I getting my ass kicked! I'm like the Chicago Bears of BF1.

AussieBear

went to get civ v,i but i ran into the halloween sale on steam and ended up with a handful of other games instead... finally playing cities skyline.. its okay..

AussieBear

cities skyline is okay but i wanted to test out warhammer too..just finished a tutorial, it seems alright...i got dawn of war i and ii for 6-7 bucks total i think.. decent steam sale.. 9 games for 61 bucks usd.. a lil less then i was going to pay for civ vi at 69...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't know what it is about me. For a few months each year I just want to play retro games. Not even games I had as a kid, so it's not just nostalgia because these are genuinely good games. Been playing golden age arcade ports on Colecovision, Atari 2600, 5200, and 7800. All real hardware. Also discovering how most of these Colecovision ports are superior to the NES ones.

Frogger, Qbert, Popeye, Burger Time, Mr Do and Dig Dug, The Donkey Kongs and Pac* games.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright, spill it.

How many people here are playing legion? Don't be ashamed.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Alright, spill it.

How many people here are playing legion? Don't be ashamed.
I can't believe that game came out 12 years ago. The only thing that can kill it is its own demographics. All the guys who made up the core playerbase back then have jobs and families and can't afford to play 20+ hours a week anymore.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
wtf is legion?

anyway, im still playing poe and while ive gotten more of a grasp on the mechanics the deeper ive gotten(level 84 end game now) the more ive realized just how tedious things are. i jumped the gun saying i want to create more characters. i think when im done with this one thatll be it. too much of the game is a chore due to mechanic after mechanic buried on top of on another. the worse is dealing with gearing and getting resists capped and the fact that its a loot based game and yet loot is absolute garbage... you are forced to play the trade game so youre just grinding for shit gear, to vendor using recipes, so you can go look up an item to trade for. plus its impossible to just start a character and get best in slot, let alone actually play it through all the content, by just you know, playing the game. you essentially need to start a fucking business crafting/farming items for fucking hours with characters you dont give a shit about just to to sell said item to accumulate a shit ton of currency to finally build the toon you want. which reminds me... al lthe talk about choice and build diversity is bs, only a few builds actually work. and early game is pretty shitty with builds not even coming into there own until well into the game so you often have to play in a way that isnt at all what you intend and leveling is just a chore.

it also feels f2p in that its rather bland at times. the f2p nature might be part of the problem as well since they need to keep adding more and more bs to keep it "fresh" but that simply results in making it more and more convoluted.

but its addicting and ill try to further my current character, theres a good game there but its buried behind so much bs and for all the fun there is to be had theres also a number of fucking chores to be done. the main take away is that poe made me realized i can get into arpgs, i just need to look into ones thats arent overly complex just for the fuck of it so things can be "hardcore" and epeens can grow. and one with more of a focus on single player without the cross player trading.

maybe im just not "hardcore."

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Legion is pretty awesome btw.

As far as WoW goes, if you get into mmo's, its sort of unavoidable since is so much better than anything else, except maybe ff14. But even then, wow blows ff14 away in terms of sheer scale.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Just picked up Doom IV on sale. Not sure how I like it compared to III, which I enjoyed profusely. Hipsters like to complain about the latter, which I find perplexing.

AussieBear

Just picked up Doom IV on sale. Not sure how I like it compared to III, which I enjoyed profusely. Hipsters like to complain about the latter, which I find perplexing.

yeah i just picked up doom.... any good? i probably wont play it for awhile.. on the bf1 kick.. decent game...