What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tyranny just released. I bought it already like a sucker, but am pretty excited.

[video=youtube;Te_ZLdC_Wmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te_ZLdC_Wmc[/video]

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yo, I been playing Tyranny a couple hours and its seems like it might be kinda awesome.

So far, every aspect that came from Pillars has been improved from what I have seen so far.

Also, the story seems way way way better. For me, the story in Pillars felt pretty unfocused and kind of scattered. I spent the first chapter (maybe more) not really knowing what the fuck was going on or why I was doing anything and without any particular sense of motivation or direction when making choices. It all felt generally confusing and random.

So far in Tyranny, the initial plot and motivations are clear from the start. There is a lot of choice still, but you actually recognize that you are making them. The longer term consequences aren't necessarily clear but the story is coherent enough that you can be conscious of what the fuck you are doing.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tyranny got some solid reviews. Supposedly, the game is completely different based on good/bad choices.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i was aware of tyranny but its release took me by surprise, i didnt know it was already coming out. in the the end im not sure ill bother with it. i was somewhat interested in it since obsidian can do some good work and i dig crpgs, so i was hoping itd be an improvement over pillars, but i just found out its a short 20-25 hour games and that simply doesnt interest me when it comes to rpgs.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shit, don't even pretend. You know you will get Tyranny sooner or later.

Either way, I have been hearing that the game is definitely longer than that 20-25 hour rumor.

But regardless, the story is really good imo. Way more focused than Pillars. You actually know wtf is going on. There is motivation and companions actually integrate into the larger storyline. You make multiple choices that are major forks in the game giving it real replay value for people that are into that. I am about 15 hours in and am still reading all the text, so thats something.

Tactically, combat is only slightly improved from pillars. However, the open skill progression/class system makes characters way more customizable and skills/powers are way cooler with more impact and better animations. There is an emphasis on less skills that are overall stronger. imo, combat is a lot more fun.

imo, for people that like crpgs, this is a definite must play. Maybe wait for a sale, but its worth a playthrough.

AussieBear

need a break from bf1.. i probably just need more maps or to play the single player.. signed up for ea access to play mohaa.. but there arent any live servers it seems.. not through gamespy anyway... 30-40 other games to play there.. i think it was 5-7 bucks for the month..its worth a look.. i hate giving money to ea... finally messed with shadows of modor for a few minutes.. seems really good. ah fuck it.... bf1 here we come

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Played it through again this weekend, and yep...after 9 years, still my favorite gaming scene.

[video=youtube;h7AB2c-LAI8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7AB2c-LAI8[/video]

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toward the end of ME1 where you find Vigil (?) is probably the single most epic sequence I ever played through in any game ever... starting from about when you are driving the mako through the canyons or whatever to the conversation with Vigil.

All the elements come together through that sequence to make a little chunk of masterpiece imo - the characters, visuals, the FUCKING MUSIC, camera angles, story progression, the reveals... it all converges there with so much momentum. Love that shit.

I hope they don't fuck the music up in Andromeda. I don't think a lot of people recognize how integral the music was to the impact of the ME series.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is the music from that sequence I'm talking about. Still gives me chills:

[video=youtube;IitCQCaKi3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IitCQCaKi3E[/video]

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Toward the end of ME1 where you find Vigil (?) is probably the single most epic sequence I ever played through in any game ever... starting from about when you are driving the mako through the canyons or whatever to the conversation with Vigil.

All the elements come together through that sequence to make a little chunk of masterpiece imo - the characters, visuals, the FUCKING MUSIC, camera angles, story progression, the reveals... it all converges there with so much momentum. Love that shit.

I hope they don't fuck the music up in Andromeda. I don't think a lot of people recognize how integral the music was to the impact of the ME series.

The Vigil scene is great. You're racing through the corpse of a dead world with your hair on fire, but you still don't truly know what you're trying to stop yet. It's not until you talk to Vigil that all the pieces of the story get filled in. The stakes aren't really apparent until that moment.

AussieBear

still on bf 1.. logged nearly 100 hrs so far.. been awhile since ive put that much time in a game.. i must of died in ww1... along with the millions of other idjots... all over some elites killing one another.... what a hurt pussy can do

AussieBear

still bf1 for the most part, but i finally tried out broforce... good mindless fun...

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
On a much much less serious note, the open Alpha for Totally Accurate Battle Simulator. It is free, it is fun, takes about 5 minutes to download and get running.

It is also stupid, but funny, among the many different units at your disposal are Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Trump keeps talking about building walls Hillary throws mail around. This game obviously doesn't take itself seriously, but I'm enjoying it.

[video=youtube;rLjx14omtUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLjx14omtUM[/video]

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
the dishonored games do look pretty cool but i havent even gotten around to playing the first.

anyway, im currently downloading gta5. its the game ive been looking forward to playing the most since i even started talking about building a new pc, now im finally getting around to it. but it reminds me that i need a bigger ssd. after installing the game ill only have like 10g free.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the dishonored games do look pretty cool but i havent even gotten around to playing the first.

anyway, im currently downloading gta5. its the game ive been looking forward to playing the most since i even started talking about building a new pc, now im finally getting around to it. but it reminds me that i need a bigger ssd. after installing the game ill only have like 10g free.

I gotta admit their commercials draw me in lol... not many video game ads really draw me from apathetic to "Maybe I should check this game out", but the Dishonored 2 ads do.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just got GTA online (which took longer than the actual game to install) because a workbro wanted me to get on there. I ran over someone and got mercilessly sniped by a bunch of teenagers for the next hour.

I worship rockstar games but I have to say, gta 5's single player campaign felt a little...boring. Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2 though.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I just got GTA online (which took longer than the actual game to install) because a workbro wanted me to get on there. I ran over someone and got mercilessly sniped by a bunch of teenagers for the next hour.

I worship rockstar games but I have to say, gta 5's single player campaign felt a little...boring. Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2 though.

dammit. I have that and haven't played it yet. Like most of my other games.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

the red dead series interests me more than dishonored even, and i havent played a single one yet either. mostly because i never had a ps2(though i could emulate) and my 360 took a shit.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
GTA5 didn't pull me in at all. I was bummed cause so many people clearly love that game, but idk, it just didn't compel me in any way and I lost interest real quickly.