What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Upgrading your character is all changed. Clothing is just clothing now. Weapons are still strong but not as strong. Cyber upgrades are way more important now. And I put in over 100 hours without any major glitch that just took reloading the game to solve. Playing on very hard was a chore in the beginning but once you get major upgrades you can steam roll most of the game

Sounds good.. i almost started the game after the first big update when they fixed bullets hitting da water n giving it splash effects.. just havent felt the need to start it. one day.. keep it up to date on me main m.2 ready to go..

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
A 10 year Alpha is beyond laughable, but props to them for abusing Steam's policy.

7D2D is emblematic of what happens when developers lack vision but not capital.

when i drop a game one day gonna be a 20 year alpha.

what skills you gots i can poach n put to work?

ive fucked around with unity in the past and made a couple of bangers... well, if it was the atari 2600 and 1984, but never pursued developing me skills further.

thinking about taking a local entry lvl course in game dev/animation and developing some more since i gots time to focus on meself again.. ill see hows i really likes it or not... did basic qa testing in the past briefly and those game devs seemed like they wanted to kill themselves.. EA game devs though, so maybe its just the environment. 12 month course... then branches off into another 12 months of programming or amination/modelling. by the time i finish, AI will be able to make games for ya though, right.. idk though, gotta make up my mind soon.. program starts in a couple of months.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Finished up phantom liberty this morning(getting all the endings and trophies as well). Another cdpr masterpiece of a dlc that felt more like another game than an extra mission. Paid $5 for cyberpunk a few years ago and $23 for phantom liberty. 10/10 well worth the time and money.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Indika is just like… wtf

"Indika is a surrealist story about faith. At it's core, it's a narrative and cutscene heavy walking sim, with a few puzzles, but it's really more for people who enjoy being surprised by a weird and unique story with some pretty nice visuals. The game is certainly not for everyone."

Lol at that last bit.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"Indika is a surrealist story about faith. At it's core, it's a narrative and cutscene heavy walking sim, with a few puzzles, but it's really more for people who enjoy being surprised by a weird and unique story with some pretty nice visuals. The game is certainly not for everyone."

Lol at that last bit.
I kinda abandoned it where it wanted me to balance on a beam but the graphics in the game and the story are pretty cool

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I played Dave the Diver last night for a good stretch.

I love it lol @KittiesKorner I see why you called it addictive.

If one were to stop before finishing the tutorials and getting to the meat of the game, I can see why they might not see it as very fun/addictive.

Somehow it combines the feel of older 1980s/1990s games with a more complex and mature gameplay loop including strategy/management in the restaurant.

This game hit right what games like Tavern Keeper thought they could create.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Helldivers needs an update to make Helldive more difficult.

They tuned Hard and Extreme (it seemed to me) so they'd hamper you with larger swarms of smaller bugs.

I think Suicide Mission, Impossible, and Helldive need tuning so they alternate between different types of bugs to trip up the standard loads.

Like, why not have some fire resistance to the bugs? Or lightning resistance? Add a minor buff on 7, a medium buff on 8, and a major buff on 9 which is random and could totally ruin your loadout effectiveness and force you to improvise.

If you play Helldivers and fear going above Hard/Extreme, just know its virtually the same game but with increased numbers of Chargers and Bile Titans, which, once you know how to kite and/or dodge them, become far less intimidating.

Its only when they mix in swarms of hunters, flying fuckers, and stalkers, that it becomes a true nightmare challenge.

They've focused a bit too much on bots and weapons tuned to fighting bots and forgot the core of the game a bit, methinks.