What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
@cameronkrazie86 played on pc with no complaints

Yep, I owned it day one on PC. Once I updated the driver for my graphics card, I had an immediate improvement in gameplay and far fewer bugs. It wasn't perfect but it was playable. The patch that came out about 6 months or so after release was what made the biggest improvement and it's been great ever since. I still haven't beaten the DLC though. I re-started a new campaign after beating the original ending, then got sidetracked with a couple other games and haven't gone back to it yet. Hardest part has been trying to learn the new skill tree in 2.0 as it's way different than the original 1.0 game. Amazing game though after the patches, 10/10 now.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yep, I owned it day one on PC. Once I updated the driver for my graphics card, I had an immediate improvement in gameplay and far fewer bugs. It wasn't perfect but it was playable. The patch that came out about 6 months or so after release was what made the biggest improvement and it's been great ever since. I still haven't beaten the DLC though. I re-started a new campaign after beating the original ending, then got sidetracked with a couple other games and haven't gone back to it yet. Hardest part has been trying to learn the new skill tree in 2.0 as it's way different than the original 1.0 game. Amazing game though after the patches, 10/10 now.
Love their save file system makes things easy to see all endings instead of playing a 200+ game multiple times.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
playing some dave the diver on me learning break. game keeps adding more layers on top of mo layer and mo shit. def way deeper than an initial test would shows. kind of bored though.. probably cause i packed in a couple of long sessions and things becoming a chore. like most games do.

anyone playing vintage story? any good. seems like more chores but looks interesting. wish it would come to steam.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Elder Scrolls series. Some differences between the games, this "joke" sums it up.

-for-the-first-time-this-week-and-v0-f0d0igdy6ogd1.jpg

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Elden Ring DLC was fun to play. I hadn't touched the game in about a year so it took a while to relearn the gameplay and builds. I could have steam rolled through it in a weekend but I wanted to explore every nook and cranny trying to 100% it. Took about 2 weeks to finish.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Operation Flashpoint had a mission where you were an American prisoner held in an enemy camp.

If you remain in the tent for too long, they eventually execute you.

The only objective is to escape, with no weapon (initially) and no map, in the dark.

You can attempt it however you want, including stealing an idling BMP from the camp, but they will come after you.

First try I got executed, Second I was killed trying to steal the BMP.

Eventually I stole the BMP and made it far enough away to ditch it and run/crawl by moonlight.

That fucking game was unforgiving.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mechwarrior 5 is entertaining. Just started Atomic Heart, not sure yet.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mechwarrior 5 is entertaining. Just started Atomic Heart, not sure yet.

Its fun but unfortunately repetitive.

Needs enemies like Star Fox where they recur and motivate you to keep playing.

Also could use some non-mech enemies where different weapons are more/less effective.

I'd love to see something like Mechwarrior 5 meets Helldivers 2 where you're building a mech lance (or many depending on shipl/lvl) to fight a mixture of bugs, bots, rebels, and of course, other mechs.

I've not done it, but heard if you play this one using a VR headset for display its even more fun, FYI if you got one around.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They Are Billions on Survival mode feels like an almost impossible game to "beat".

If you like RTS/Tower Defense and Zombie/Survival games, this one is old now but still very solid.

@FozzyBear did you play this one and if so did you find any really effective tactics?

I feel like you'd have sunk 100 hrs into this at some point.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's a Battletech game which is just tactical-turn-based Mechwarriors on Steam.

Similar system of fun but repetitive turn-based missions with mech loot, pilot recruiting/deaths, and quests.

The Mechwarrior version is more fun and dynamic, but both are very good games IMO.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
They Are Billions on Survival mode feels like an almost impossible game to "beat".

If you like RTS/Tower Defense and Zombie/Survival games, this one is old now but still very solid.

@FozzyBear did you play this one and if so did you find any really effective tactics?

I feel like you'd have sunk 100 hrs into this at some point.

its on my back log but havent played it. havent played much of anything as of late. is it hard or stupid broken logic?

i did start up 7d2d to check out v1 final release. meh. same map, some new POI and minor tweaks. More monotonous now. You are the book collector. If youre new to the game it may be okay, but as a vet who likes to beeline to this and that tech, they slowed it too much for my liking. seems to run buggier too, long load time now. better 3d character creation though, limited but better than it was.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
its on my back log but havent played it. havent played much of anything as of late. is it hard or stupid broken logic?

i did start up 7d2d to check out v1 final release. meh. same map, some new POI and minor tweaks. More monotonous now. You are the book collector. If youre new to the game it may be okay, but as a vet who likes to beeline to this and that tech, they slowed it too much for my liking. seems to run buggier too, long load time now. better 3d character creation though, limited but better than it was.

It is difficult, not just broken.

Survival involves choosing settings like zombie population and length of time before the final "THEY ARE BILLIONS" swarm.

Maps are randomly generated each time and the survival games are ironman by default.

This means you could put hours into a map, have a perfect-looking setup with great resource production (stone, iron, wood, oil)

You might have a large army which is busy clearing the map.

But one missed section with 1 zombie pops open a tesla tower and now 2 running zombies go to the nearby farm and now you have a tiny swarm of them heading for your housing and center of your base.

Even with all your units, they swarm and demolish the command center and the game is over.

It didn't matter you had done 99/100 things correct, you missed one thing and they used it to destroy your base.

Even if this doesn't happen, the game directs swarms at the most vulnerable spots in your base. (sometimes I try to game this to my advantage)

I played the campaign once upon a time and it was fun but honestly kinda easy once you figured out the trick for each map.

But Survivial mode is something I can't seem to get good at no matter how much I play lol.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Anyone able to get all trophies in clash in clouds dlc for bioshock infinite? I think I’ve met my match and considering abandoning that mission

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1724262499727.png

This took like 10-12 tries to get a W.

I think I see the optimal way to play, but its still difficult on medium settings IMO.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I gave up on Pacific Drive. Among other things, I hated most of its music

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
It is difficult, not just broken.

Survival involves choosing settings like zombie population and length of time before the final "THEY ARE BILLIONS" swarm.

Maps are randomly generated each time and the survival games are ironman by default.

This means you could put hours into a map, have a perfect-looking setup with great resource production (stone, iron, wood, oil)

You might have a large army which is busy clearing the map.

But one missed section with 1 zombie pops open a tesla tower and now 2 running zombies go to the nearby farm and now you have a tiny swarm of them heading for your housing and center of your base.

Even with all your units, they swarm and demolish the command center and the game is over.

It didn't matter you had done 99/100 things correct, you missed one thing and they used it to destroy your base.

Even if this doesn't happen, the game directs swarms at the most vulnerable spots in your base. (sometimes I try to game this to my advantage)

I played the campaign once upon a time and it was fun but honestly kinda easy once you figured out the trick for each map.

But Survivial mode is something I can't seem to get good at no matter how much I play lol.

sounds like its worth moving up the list. will give it a go once i feel like playing something for chunks of hours.

hopefully one doenst ruin the game when they figure out how to exploit n break it.